Raisins (seedless & Organic) ? Yes/no

ChrisRay

Are organic seedless "raisins" Peat approved? I took them out long ago because of the sugar, but really enjoyed them.

mt_dreams

If you have a problem eating enough calories, then adding in raisins will work. raisins are a dirty fruit, so you're right for choosing organic.

That being said, if you do not have problems getting enough calories, there are some things in raisins to keep in mind. They contain a decent amount of tryptophan, & they appear to be estrogenic.

Usually when I'm looking for a dense carb snack I choose dates as they don' contain much tryptophan, though like raisins, they have estrogen, so my usual source of fruit sugar comes from either the tropics or my local apple grove.

OP
C

ChrisRay

Thanks mt.... I found that raisins contain potassium and magnesium for better sleep, but extremely low Tryptophan. Is there an article I can find stating raisins have high Tryptophan Also Ray recommends Milk all day long which is supposed to be a huge Tryptophan releaser.

mt_dreams

ChrisRay said:
Thanks mt.... I found that raisins contain potassium and magnesium for better sleep, but extremely low Tryptophan. Is there an article I can find stating raisins have high Tryptophan Also Ray recommends Milk all day long which is supposed to be a huge Tryptophan releaser.

One ounce of raisins will contain roughly 20% of the tryptophan that 100g of ground beef contains. You can check out the exact amount using either cronometer or nutritiondata.self.com . Dates probably have 1/8th the amount of trypt when compared to raisins, with roughly the same mineral profile.

I believe Ray has mentioned that milk contains components that protect you from some of the tryptophan conversion, though I can't remember the source of that info.

OP
C

ChrisRay

Thanks so much mt_dreams. Checked the website, yes per ounce it's pretty high. Need to study or listen to one of his audio's on Tryptophan and why it's so bad. I'm guessing that foods high in Tryptophan can just lead to excess Estrogen? Is that what he has found? thanks...

tara

ChrisRay said:
Thanks so much mt_dreams. Checked the website, yes per ounce it's pretty high. Need to study or listen to one of his audio's on Tryptophan and why it's so bad. I'm guessing that foods high in Tryptophan can just lead to excess Estrogen? Is that what he has found? thanks...
Tryptophan is a substrate of serotonin. Depending on other conditions, more or less of it is converted to serotonin. Serotonin excess can contribute to many problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals