Raising NAD Levels May Be Therapeutic For COVID-19

haidut

Forum Supporter
A rather timely study, which demonstrates once again the crucial role energy plays even in "non-metabolic" diseases such as viral infections. At this point, even mainstream medicine admits that every function of the organism requires energy, so it would be plausible to expect an organism with higher energy reserves to be better able to defend itself from a viral infection such as COVID-19. The fact that many countries now consider COVID-19 a systemic disease (instead of just respiratory) should be an even stronger hint that energy is a key problem in this disease too. Yet, all we hear from the boffins at WHO is "Vaccines! Vaccines to the rescue!". Let's see how many of those boffins line up to take the first shot of the "miraculous" vaccine. By bet is not many, and for the rest of us a daily dose of niacinamide and/or methylene blue may be all that's needed to avoid getting sick with both the coronavirus and whatever "idiotavirus" is infecting the brains of doctors :):

Coronavirus Infection and PARP Expression Dysregulate the NAD Metabolome: A Potentially Actionable Component of Innate Immunity
https://www.nutritionaloutlook.com/...id-19-infection-may-dysregulate-nad-synthesis

"...A new preclinical study found that SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) infection of cell lines, infected ferrets, and a deceased patient’s lung dysregulates nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) synthesis and utilization. Explaining the findings that led to this current preclinical study, Charles Brenner, PhD, chief scientific advisor to ChromaDex (Los Angeles, CA), and co-author of the study states: “We started by looking at the effect of a related coronavirus that infects mice. It disturbs the gene set that controls cellular NAD. Moreover, we showed that within 12 hours of initial infection, the virus greatly depresses levels of NAD, the central catalyst of metabolism.” In the current preclinical study, Brenner explains, researchers found that the COVID-19- causing virus turns off two gene pathways for NAD production and increases gene activity in two other pathways when it infects a cell. “The nicotinamide riboside pathway is frequently up-regulated in conditions of metabolic stress. Viral infection is such a condition,” says Benner. The study provides important evidence about the nature of immune defense to the virus, but further research is necessary to determine potential treatments. “Our data says that the innate immune defense against viral infection depends on NAD and that it may be more effective at higher NAD,” says Brenner. “We’re looking at whether nicotinamide... a vitamin...will protect against viral infection in cells and animals. We need a bit more proof of concept, and then we’ll be able to do human clinical studies.”

tankasnowgod

By bet is not many, and for the rest of us a daily dose of niacinamide and/or methylene blue may be all that's needed to avoid getting sick with both the coronavirus and whatever "idiotavirus" is infecting the brains of doctors :):

I still don't think this "novel" coronavirus is (or was) that big of a threat, but even after being on this forum for years, I seriously, seriously underestimated the effects of the "idiotavirus."

LeeLemonoil

German university Hospital in Kiel also launched B3 trials for Covid. Look up „Covit“ if you like - has to do with tryptophan steal / kyru-acid as per them

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I still don't think this "novel" coronavirus is (or was) that big of a threat, but even after being on this forum for years, I seriously, seriously underestimated the effects of the "idiotavirus."

To use Peat's recent newsletter as a context - I think we all carry the "idiotavirus" as a retrovirus but it seems that it tends to really overexpress in some people under panic. To the point where it develops into the disease Acquired Idiotic Debilitation Syndrome (AIDS).
:):

Beastmode

Basically if everyone just did daily stuff that Peat has been recommending for decades, the likelihood of experiences just about any disease/virus, etc would be minimal and the recovery would most likely be pretty smooth.

I know people who've done the intravenous treatment and they all say positive things about it. They felt great and rejuvenated afterward.

Doc Sandoz

About six weeks ago, after discovering Peat, I cut PUFAs out of my diet. I added daily coconut oil approx one Tablespoon. Also taking Vit E, aspirin. Tried Niacinamide, but find even a dose as low as 50 mg makes me feel like I'm on speed for the rest of the day. Lots of energy, but rather hard to concentrate on reading. All in all the experience has been rather like a coffee OD, feeling good and super-energetic at first, but later in the day overstimulated, edgy and even irritable. Toward the end of the evening I wanted some sort of sedation, and unfortunately quelled the unpleasant feeling with too much beer. Has anyone else had a similar experience with NAM? I thought the extra energy might be owing to better functioning of mitochondrial respiration, but somehow don't think such a weirdly speedy feeling should come of that.

Beastmode

About six weeks ago, after discovering Peat, I cut PUFAs out of my diet. I added daily coconut oil approx one Tablespoon. Also taking Vit E, aspirin. Tried Niacinamide, but find even a dose as low as 50 mg makes me feel like I'm on speed for the rest of the day. Lots of energy, but rather hard to concentrate on reading. All in all the experience has been rather like a coffee OD, feeling good and super-energetic at first, but later in the day overstimulated, edgy and even irritable. Toward the end of the evening I wanted some sort of sedation, and unfortunately quelled the unpleasant feeling with too much beer. Has anyone else had a similar experience with NAM? I thought the extra energy might be owing to better functioning of mitochondrial respiration, but somehow don't think such a weirdly speedy feeling should come of that.

If you only experience this after taking B3, it's most likely the quality of the product. I get reactions from a lot of products similar to this. You might also have a sensitive system already due to your past so any little thing that's not pure can agitate it.

I notice I can handle certain supplements a lot better after I clear my gut well (i.e- daily carrot salad, good calcium to phos ratio, plenty of protein, etc.)

If you stick around long enough and master the basics that Peat proposes, you'll get a lot better sense of what feeling good is and it most likely won't be what you think it is now.

Peater Piper

Basically if everyone just did daily stuff that Peat has been recommending for decades, the likelihood of experiences just about any disease/virus, etc would be minimal and the recovery would most likely be pretty smooth.
I think this is true if you're already starting from a healthy state, Peat's ideas should help to maintain good health. If you're already damaged, well, I think more will be needed than just Peat's basic ideas in terms of a few dietary fixes and B vitamins. A willingness to experiment with some of his more esoteric ideas (and drugs), and an intuition for one's own health, may be a requirement in those instances.

Beastmode

I think this is true if you're already starting from a healthy state, Peat's ideas should help to maintain good health. If you're already damaged, well, I think more will be needed than just Peat's basic ideas in terms of a few dietary fixes and B vitamins. A willingness to experiment with some of his more esoteric ideas (and drugs), and an intuition for one's own health, may be a requirement in those instances.

Agreed and I think most don't consider how important the basics really are which is why he's so redundant about it over the years. TIME isn't something most are willing to take as their "suffering" screams for something immediate.....respectively.

I was introduced to Peat back in 2008....maybe 07 and everyone I've known who's ventured down his "philosophy" with success ALL have said this in some fashion or another to me...."The basics don't work in the short term like most hope, but they will give you the best chance in the long run to really get healthy!"

Doesn't take away from you're saying at all, just my observation over the last decade. I still have a while to go as I've only been dedicated 100% the past 4 years and it definitely takes a lot of consistency.