Raising cortisol while on low carb

Sergey

I know, I know. Carbs.

Its not really my choice not to eat any carbs at the moment, and it wasn't a choice really. Its the only thing I can do now to address some issues which are not directly related to the metabolism. I am working on the root cause but its going to take some more time. Trying to start carbs now and then, once I will be able to tolerate some, I won't go back to the low carb, ever.

I experience strange dips around 5 PM on many days - sudden drop in body temperature, fatigue, dizziness, low mood. Its very strong, sudden, starts at the same time - 5 PM by the clock, and lasts for about 3-4 hours.
Magnesium or potassium make it much, much much worse. Salt, vitamin A, protein and lots of red light help significantly. Carbs do too, but I have to pay later for eating them. T3 also helps, especially if I don't use it regularly. There is no noticeable drop in the blood sugar - checked via continuous blood glucose monitor.

So, I assume its related to cortisol dips in the evening, and I should try to raise it somehow. But how exactly, when I can't eat all that honey, juice, or even little starch?

Thank you!

skittles

Do you get issues with whole fruit? Like say, a single apple after lunch or something? Or maybe even a small glass of whole milk?

skittles

YMMV but sometimes I'll do up a batch of cold brew coffee in a French press, or I'll take some coffee home from the restaurant I work at and let it cool. Either way, I've usually got a pitcher of cold coffee in my fridge, and for whatever reason, cold coffee makes me feel so much better than hot coffee. I don't add cream or sugar or anything. It just miraculously seems to balance things out a little bit if I'm feeling slightly off. I've got some little 4oz glasses, and sometimes I'll just have one (sometimes two) of those worth of black cold coffee, and I'll feel right again. Sometimes even right before bed. I dunno why it works, but I swear by it. I think the small amount is key. I don't feel great drinking say, 16oz of the stuff. But 4-8oz seems to do the trick.
Might be worth a shot.

OP
S

Sergey

YMMV but sometimes I'll do up a batch of cold brew coffee in a French press, or I'll take some coffee home from the restaurant I work at and let it cool. Either way, I've usually got a pitcher of cold coffee in my fridge, and for whatever reason, cold coffee makes me feel so much better than hot coffee. I don't add cream or sugar or anything. It just miraculously seems to balance things out a little bit if I'm feeling slightly off. I've got some little 4oz glasses, and sometimes I'll just have one (sometimes two) of those worth of black cold coffee, and I'll feel right again. Sometimes even right before bed. I dunno why it works, but I swear by it. I think the small amount is key. I don't feel great drinking say, 16oz of the stuff. But 4-8oz seems to do the trick.
Might be worth a shot.
Thank you!! Will definitely try it. I love coffee, but usually only drink big cup in the morning, hot. Will play with this cold-microdosing:)