Raising Body Temperature by External Means

liber1

Recently I have begun to feel some benefits of increased metabolism and body temperature. Since shifting to a higher sugar diet, I just feel warmer throughout the day and I tend to think through problems a bit more quickly than say a few months ago.

My question is, does raising the body temperate by taking a hot shower or sauna also increase metabolism and if so how does this external temperature raise achieve the rise in metabolism?

TheSir

You have the causality in reverse. Heat is simply a byproduct of energy metabolism. However, there are ways to acquire a condition in which the hypothalamus has mistaken the normal body temperature as an existential threat and has therefore become committed to maintaining body temperature at sub-optimal degrees. This condition can be fixed by forcing the body into very minor hyperthermia by external means, so as to get the hypothalamus to understand that there is no threat.

In the context of your question, spending a lot of time in excessively heated surroundings is anti-metabolic because it will result in increased rate of breathing and subsequent co2 wastage

OP
L

liber1

You have the causality in reverse. Heat is simply a byproduct of energy metabolism. However, there are ways to acquire a condition in which the hypothalamus has mistaken the normal body temperature as an existential threat and has therefore become committed to maintaining body temperature at sub-optimal degrees. This condition can be fixed by forcing the body into very minor hyperthermia by external means, so as to get the hypothalamus to understand that there is no threat.

In the context of your question, spending a lot of time in excessively heated surroundings is anti-metabolic because it will result in increased rate of breathing and subsequent co2 wastage
I appreciate the answer. I read somewhere on here that raising it by external means would also help to raise metabolism and obviously there was something there that I didn't understand. I see now by what you said that the increase in metabolism would only come if there had been a deficit in metabolism previously. Thanks again.

ww3not4me

Recently I have begun to feel some benefits of increased metabolism and body temperature. Since shifting to a higher sugar diet, I just feel warmer throughout the day and I tend to think through problems a bit more quickly than say a few months ago.

My question is, does raising the body temperate by taking a hot shower or sauna also increase metabolism and if so how does this external temperature raise achieve the rise in metabolism?
Just out of curiosity how were you eating before? What does your diet currently look like? Have you ever water fasted for say 7 days? I ask because you mention mental focus. I

OP
L

liber1

Just out of curiosity how were you eating before? What does your diet currently look like? Have you ever water fasted for say 7 days? I ask because you mention mental focus. I
I he basically been following, quite strictly, the vertical diet that Stan Efferding pushes. It is quite in line with a lot of the things I’ve heard here but had its differences and lacks the philosophical/ cosmic energy basis for nutrition that I’ve heard here many times.

Right now my daily diet is half a gallon of raw whole cows milk daily, about a liter or 2 of Oj depending on craving. Carrot salad with coconut oil and vinegar, around 12 oz of muscle meats and usually 6 eggs. I have coffee with gelatin and honey twice daily.

Recently I’ve been adding in liver and shrimp once a week.

As far as fasting, the longest I ever went intentionally was 36 hours. I definitely felt a mental buzz that actually prevented me from sleeping well. When I was an older teen had some rough times and probably fasted for longer, unintentionally and certainly remember times of crystal clear thinking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals