RainMaking Time: Energy-Protective Materials

J

j.

Milklove said:
I was surprised to hear that Ray still takes thyroid. Any thoughts on that?

I've heard that if he forgets something he takes a little T3 and remembers.

narouz

I believe that's right, MilkLove.
I think I heard him say he took 25mcg Cynomel per day,
split up into little doses.
It might've been less--heard it in a recent interview
but a little foggy on the detail.

But for some reason I was just thinking:
does the need for additional thyroid supp after long Peating
indicate that the gland and other production sites
are permanently damaged?

Maybe not, necessarily.
Peat has said that in a pre-modern diet
humans probably got at least the equivalent of something like one grain of thyroid supp/day.

Mittir

narouz said:
I think I heard him say he took 25mcg Cynomel per day,
split up into little doses.
It might've been less--heard it in a recent interview
but a little foggy on the detail.

But for some reason I was just thinking:
does the need for additional thyroid supp after long Peating
indicate that the gland and other production sites
are permanently damaged?

Maybe not, necessarily.
Peat has said that in a pre-modern diet
humans probably got at least the equivalent of something like one grain of thyroid supp/day.

This question has been addressed before in the forum.
He used 25 mcg dose twice a day in the past and learned that
it can cause his heart to stop every few seconds when he missed a dose.
Then he adopted smaller dose with meal and stopped taking large dose of T3 and added T4 .

In 2009 PUJA network interview he mentioned that he gets his nutrients from food
and he uses "a small amount of T3". He uses 5 mcg T3 for memory
access. He also mentioned that people used to get half a grain of thyroid from
foods like chicken and fish stew.

narouz

Mittir said:
In 2009 PUJA network interview he mentioned that he gets his nutrients from food
and only supplement he uses is "small dose of thyroid". He uses 5 mcg T3 for memory
access.

Yes, I think that was where I heard it,
because I have that on my listening device.
I like the PUJA hostess.

So, Mittir, are you saying you remember Peat saying
he takes 5 mcg per day, total...?

Mittir

@narouz

He said he uses 5 mcg T3 when he tries to remember anything.
He did not define what he meant by " small dose of T3".

Blossom

Forum Supporter
crX said:
Ray Peat resolves "Global Warming Crisis"... :cool:
I wonder if part of the reason he has been advocating bag breathing and other CO2 optimizing measures is to help those who study his work adapt to the increasing CO2 in the atmosphere? Just a thought! ;)

Global warming should be pretty cool for Peaters :mrgreen: except the part where plants become less nutritious.

J

j.

The global warming scare has always been a scheme to get more tax dollars to politicians.

crX

Although I was very nearly brainwashed by the propaganda, I always had my doubts about this theory. I mean, hasn't the earth been warming since the last ice age?

LucyL

Such_Saturation said:
Global warming should be pretty cool for Peaters :mrgreen: except the part where plants become less nutritious.

Hah. Plant nutrition has dropped like a rock over the last century. If people would study up on Albrecht's work, and seriously attempt to increase plant nutritive value through soil nutrition, we could more than offset increased CO2 effects for a long time.

LucyL said:
Such_Saturation said:

Hah. Plant nutrition has dropped like a rock over the last century. If people would study up on Albrecht's work, and seriously attempt to increase plant nutritive value through soil nutrition, we could more than offset increased CO2 effects for a long time.

Instead, to mantain productivity in lower oxygen they will be spraying polyamines on plants and engineering them to make more polyamines (yes, the stuff in rotten meat).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 1_0026.pdf

jaa

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, could someone summarize what Peat says about global warming?

Right now I am of the opinion that while CO2 can be beneficial for individual human health, large amounts in the atmosphere cause extremes in climates that can be very hazardous to the population at large (eg. coastal flooding and desertification will cost many lives and dollars).

Frankly I think an extra 5-10% WILL start a snowball effect after a while in a balance like our planet's. However if you look at all the money invested in altering the ionosphere, well, climatic turmoil probably can be faked.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
crX said:
Although I was very nearly brainwashed by the propaganda, I always had my doubts about this theory. I mean, hasn't the earth been warming since the last ice age?
Life on our planet thrived during the carboniferous era. It's seems likely life would continue to thrive as CO2 levels rise but whether we as humans are part of that life I suppose is another story.

LucyL

Re: RainMaking Time- Ultrasound bone density scans

In listening to this interview, towards the end they talk about ultrasound to measure bone density for osteoporosis. Peat mentioned that there are good machines that can tell the strength of the bone and the marginal machines that can just tell the density on a scale. They imply these machines are very rare, but in fact the marginal machines are fairly common. I had a heel scan done just last year on one of the "marginal" machines, not in a doctor's office but in one of those health fairs that set up at places (a church in my case) and offer all sorts of ultrasound based tests.

If anyone is interested that's the place to look.

Such_Saturation said:
Frankly I think an extra 5-10% WILL start a snowball effect after a while in a balance like our planet's

I agree, it would result in major shifts in environmental homeostasis... radically changing existing ecosystems and damaging human infrastructure but in the long run would probably increase total biomass and biodiversity.

The earths history is full of events where animals and plants radically altered the climate and atmosphere:

co2_temperature_historical.png

Yea, unfortunately people think that if volcanoes and cows make twenty times the gas they do, then they have no role at all in breaking an equilibrium which is non-linear.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals