RainMaking Time: Energy-Protective Materials

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Awesome interview! More great information on CO2 and discussion of Gilbert Ling's work! I have not been able to listen to the entire show yet but I'm sure I'll love it all!

J

j.

lol, 45 minutes in Peat just refuses to accept butter in coffee as superior or the same as cream

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I got through an hour and a half before I had to stop! Looks like there's only 10-15 minutes left. It's seems like a very comprehensive introduction/broad overview of all things Peat. I can't wait to finish listening.

J

j.

The first 15 minutes or so though way over everybody's head.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
The first 15 minutes or so though way over everybody's head.
I am listening to it now, 20 minutes in, and was thinking the same exact thing. I am just like whoa, wait, what? :lol:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
He stated toward the end that he hasn't been to a doctor since age 10 except for obligatory exams to keep his Mexican driver's license! How impressive. I like also how he mentioned that normal lab values are based on numbers from SICK populations. That's something to keep in mind.

Blossom said:
He stated toward the end that he hasn't been to a doctor since age 10 except for obligatory exams to keep his Mexican driver's license!

That's pretty cool, but very difficult for people living in the USA instead of Mexico as it's hard to obtain prescription only items here. Internet pharmacies are okay, but only if you can stand to wait weeks or months. Not good if you have say, an urgent need for antibiotics.

I spent the last few months desperately trying to get antibiotics for SIBO from a Dr with no success, now that I think of it I should have just followed Ray's example and crossed the border (I am lucky to live a short drive from Mexico).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
CellularIconoclast said:
Blossom said:
He stated toward the end that he hasn't been to a doctor since age 10 except for obligatory exams to keep his Mexican driver's license!

That's pretty cool, but very difficult for people living in the USA instead of Mexico as it's hard to obtain prescription only items here. Internet pharmacies are okay, but only if you can stand to wait weeks or months. Not good if you have say, an urgent need for antibiotics.

I spent the last few months desperately trying to get antibiotics for SIBO from a Dr with no success, now that I think of it I should have just followed Ray's example and crossed the border (I am lucky to live a short drive from Mexico).
It does take a bit of effort to coordinate navigating around the system. The last time I had to see a doctor I was so stressed a blood vessel ruptured in my eye! Imagine that, a mid 40's grown woman getting that stressed about going to a doctor. I think I've just seen and experienced so much of the darkside of medicine that it sets off an alarm reaction in my body! I would probably go across the border if I could too.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Awesome interview. He even stunned Kim Greenhouse near the end saying sugar was a precursor to thyroid hormone. :P

His parents were co-conspirator Peatarians. :mrgreen:

burtlancast

After each Ray interview, you come out thinking it was the best one you ever listened.
Then comes a new interview, and... :lol:

I really liked this one, as the guest is no-nonsense minded and seeks to understand why Ray thinks the opposite of pretty much everything her previous guests affirmed.

narouz

I'm looking forward to listening this weekend.
Is "Rain-Making Time" Susan Greenhouse...?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kim Greenhouse.

J

j.

Peat talked about carbon dioxide meters. Can you use meters desgined to measure the CO2 in your house, or your room, to measure the CO2 you exhale? Like this:

Indoor Air Quality Meter - CO2, Temperature & Relative Humidity

The official stuff, the ones advertised to measure respiration, are fairly expensive, about $2000. Link 1. Link 2

But I wonder if they're that expensive because you have to do some paperwork to be able to say it's for respiration, but I don't know if this is done.

Another product

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think capnographs/CO2 meters are just expensive. That's about the same price that's charged to medical providers like hospitals and ambulance services. It must be due to either the technology or the lower demand. We put in a request to purchase one at my old job but got turned down by the corporate accountants because it was too expensive and it was about $2,000 at that time.

burtlancast

In the interview, Ray once again talks about his father who at 30 came down with diabetes type 2 and was reduced to a practical skeleton ( 100 pounds) then ate only (brewer's ?) yeast for 2 weeks and lived another 40 years diabetes free.

Incredible.

narouz

Yeah, Kim Greenhouse.
I've enjoyed her in the past as an interviewer.
Look forward to listening.

kiran

This one is the best I've listened to I think. Ray sounds good.

Milklove

I was surprised to hear that Ray still takes thyroid. Any thoughts on that?