Dean

Any reason why you wouldn't want to have a ready mix for small dose administration by putting some drops into a bottle of Gerolsteiner and keep in fridge? I'd prefer subject to continue getting some minerals when drinking carbonated water unless it's inadvisable or impractical to mix or store.

LadyRae

Just got my bottle yesterday... I've been recovering from covid for the past 12 days...lingering cough, chest pressure, sinus drainage. Last night I drank 5 drops in a big glass of water/tart cherry juice.

This morning all symptoms had decreased by 80%!

My recovery has been so slow and boring, I feel like this is a big deal 😀

lilsticky

yeah i had saw throat that was killing me for days. it went away right after i gargled some tonic water. quinine works

gabys225

I'm not sure why this hasn't gotten more attention. Without this we'd be resorting to pCPA or trying to tackle serotonin further downstream. Is everyone hesitant about the side effects (which as Haidut pointed out, were recently added to the wiki) or is this just not doing it for those that have tried it?

LadyRae

I'm not sure why this hasn't gotten more attention. Without this we'd be resorting to pCPA or trying to tackle serotonin further downstream. Is everyone hesitant about the side effects (which as Haidut pointed out, were recently added to the wiki) or is this just not doing it for those that have tried it?
I love it, my 1st bottle is almost gone... Helped me get over covid last month..... It's not exactly scientific, but I squirt a little bit into some diluted fruit juice and sip on this when I'm watching TV at night, an hour or two before bed. I go to bed really early around 8:00....fyi

gabys225

I love it, my 1st bottle is almost gone... Helped me get over covid last month..... It's not exactly scientific, but I squirt a little bit into some diluted fruit juice and sip on this when I'm watching TV at night, an hour or two before bed. I go to bed really early around 8:00....fyi
Thanks for sharing!

Smelly5

Just got my bottle yesterday... I've been recovering from covid for the past 12 days...lingering cough, chest pressure, sinus drainage. Last night I drank 5 drops in a big glass of water/tart cherry juice.

This morning all symptoms had decreased by 80%!

My recovery has been so slow and boring, I feel like this is a big deal 😀
Just curious, did you take other typical peaty supplements for Covid and didnt have much success, but this one was helpful?
I'm thinking Niacinamide, Aspirin.

LadyRae

Just curious, did you take other typical peaty supplements for Covid and didnt have much success, but this one was helpful?
I'm thinking Niacinamide, Aspirin.
I took aspirin a bit... Energin, biotin, extra bentothiamine, but not niacinamide (in the past it made me gain weight). Ivermectin and Quinine really helped me turn the corner...

Smelly5

I took aspirin a bit... Energin, biotin, extra bentothiamine, but not niacinamide (in the past it made me gain weight). Ivermectin and Quinine really helped me turn the corner...
Any advice about Ivermectin? (side effects, precautions) :)

LadyRae

Any advice about Ivermectin? (side effects, precautions) :)
I just responded to ecstatic hamster in another thread about amoxicillin. Ivermectin also makes me feel amazing. It clears up endotoxin overload symptoms for me... There haven't been any side effects speak of....

cs3000

are there studies in vivo proving the anti-serotonin effect at low dose?
im interested but at high doses it's pro serotonergic , inhibits serotonin transporter & worsens serotonin syndrome (way higher than this product)

edit: there's these ones using low dose Effects of pretreatment with clonidine, lithium and quinine on the activities of antidepressant drugs in the mouse tail suspension test - PubMed
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8880083/
showing potentiating effect on antidepressants , through 5-HT3 blockade
(so probably good for loose bowel problems , but bad for constipation)
more stuff in thread linked in op (e.g plasma tryptophan increased because less was being taken up - but same thing applied to tyrosine ,but thats shown in problematic doses https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Drug_Seeking_in_a_State_of_Low_Dopamine_Tone increases stress induced addictive behaviour through low dopamine , so works on both. not sure on dose, or if it was induced by continuous bitter taste in the mouth instead which could lower dopamine signalling opposite to sweetness. might be that)

Last edited:

TheGoogler

Main Actions (in order):
antimalarial, bitter digestive aid, antiparasitic, antispasmodic, febrifuge (reduces fever)

Main Uses:

1. 1. for malaria
  2. 2. as a bitter digestive aid to stimulate digestive juices
  3. 3. for nocturnal leg cramps
  4. 4. for intestinal parasites and protozoa
  5. 5. for arrhythmia and other heart conditions
Properties/Actions Documented by Research:
anti-arrhythmic, antimalarial, antiparasitic, antiprotozoal, antispasmodic, bitter digestive aid, cardiotonic (tones, balances, strengthens the heart)
Other Properties/Actions Documented by Traditional Use:
amebicide, analgesic (pain-reliever), antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, astringent, digestive stimulant, febrifuge (reduces fever), insecticide, nervine (balances/calms nerves), neurasthenic (reduces nerve pain)

Is there any mention of which specific parasites Quinine would be effective against? Surely it cannot be used for all of them right?

What about Quinine vs Ivermectin for deworming?

Mauritio

Quinine releases CCK, thus may faciliate gallbladder emptying and bowel movements but also incease anxiety.

LaVonne

Forum Supporter
Just a placeholder thread for now, until I organize all the references I think would be interesting/relevant to post here. For now, a quote from Peat on a recent interview about quinine and inflammation/ACE2, a very long thread/discussion in regards to quinine's anti-serotonin effects, and some studies showing quinine is also capable of acting similar to Meldonium - i.e. it blocks carnitine uptake into the cell (by inhibiting the organic cation transporter 2 (OCTN2 / OCT2) and thus lowers fatty acid oxidation (FAO).
More coming soon:):

1. Effects on inflammation
"...Q: Hello Dr. Peat
What do you think of the "Innate immune system" and it's suppression and activation? Does it even exist and can you actually activate it or suppress it?

I hear a lot of doctors using angiotensin II receptor blockers like losartan and olmesartan just to name a few using it to improve innate immune response.
What is your take on it?

RP: Those do help; also quinine..."

2. Effects on serotonin (5-HT)

3. Effects on fatty acid oxidation (FAO)
"...Meldonium (3-(2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium)propionate) is the most potent clinically used inhibitor of organic cation transporter 2 (OCTN2). Inhibition of OCTN2 leads to a decrease in carnitine and acylcarnitine contents in tissues and energy metabolism optimization-related cardioprotective effects."
"...Meldonium can also inhibit OCTN2-mediated l-carnitine reabsorption in the liver and brain.29 OCTN2 is expressed in proximal tubule renal cells, and it prevents transport from the lumen to the bloodstream by an unknown carrier."
Quinine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online (see subsection "3. Solute carrier family 22 member 5")
"... Inhibition experiments at different pH levels strongly suggest that the weak base quinine passively permeates the plasma membrane at physiological pH and inhibits rOCT2 from the intracellular side."
"...Quinine (1 mM), inhibitor of organic cation transporters, and carnitine (0.1 mM), substrate of the Na(+)-dependent carnitine transporter OCTN2, tended to reduce acetylcholine release (by 40%, not significant). "
"...Quinine, an inhibitor of organic cation transporters (OCT), reduced acetylcholine release in a reversible and concentration-dependent manner with an IC(50) value of 5 microM."
I can't find the ingredients to quinine. Is it the same as Kuinone?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
How does this compare to metergoline?
The two seem very similar in terms of serotonin antagonism.
I am looking for something to reduce serotonin, without making (poor) sleep any worse.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
What does "downstream" refer to here?

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Is it Ghanaian quinine or some other kind? Curious because Ghanaian quinine was found to be really potent in killing lyme. Better than antibiotics

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I just responded to ecstatic hamster in another thread about amoxicillin. Ivermectin also makes me feel amazing. It clears up endotoxin overload symptoms for me... There haven't been any side effects speak of....
How much ivermectin do you take to clear up endotoxin overload symptoms?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Based on various comments about taking quinones and Vit E apart, would it be wise to take Quinine about 4 hours apart from taking Tocovit?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals