Quick Query On UVB Lamp

TripleOG

That was interesting, thanks. It talked about sun exposure though, not UVB lamps.

Most of the studies referenced in that section used UVB light.

A simple pubmed search can further verify if you're still skeptical.

YourUniverse

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the amount of vitamin D a UVB lamp can help produce before human skin burns. I am skeptical that all things considered, it is a useful vitamin D supplement for humans.

TripleOG

@jamies33

I don't know what to tell you. I've already linked a review that answers your concern. Everyone is free to question what they want. I just hope your personal skepticism doesn't deter others from experimenting with this very potent source of Vit. D.

YourUniverse

@jamies33

I don't know what to tell you. I've already linked a review that answers your concern. Everyone is free to question what they want. I just hope your personal skepticism doesn't deter others from experimenting with this very potent source of Vit. D.
Not sure you need to tell me anything, I am aware anyone can question what they want (as you also can). I remain unconvinced from the study you posted on sunlight as to the safety of the lamps. That doesn't mean you're necessarily wrong, as it's not your duty to change my mind.

@ecstatichamster I have a medium intensity reptile bulb from Amazon that you can buy :):. I find it interesting that Dr. Peat would use a UVB lamp considering his article on radiation and estrogen.

I started the UVB light. I'm buying some welder's glasses just to be sure I don't hurt my eyes. Three minutes exposure was really interesting, quite strong. And then I followed up with full body red light. I think that may counteract any issue with UVB straight.

I ordered this:
D Therapy B30R
B30R sun lamp vitamin d

TripleOG

@ecstatichamster good call. Those are potent bulbs.

Red light really calms down the "over-stimulated " feeling I get from UVB alone. I'm combining the two often now that I've finally have a fullbody red incandescent setup going. My appetite has been incredible the past couple mornings after use. :):

@debored13 I have used them for a while. Useful in winter months for anti SAD effects.
Good to hear. I know jack kruse prefers sunlight and ray says uv can b risky if u overdo it, but I’m in rural vt and have super low vitamin d levels, already have red light which may be protective. Which ones did u use. Also what is “grounding”

SB4

Good to hear. I know jack kruse prefers sunlight and ray says uv can b risky if u overdo it, but I’m in rural vt and have super low vitamin d levels, already have red light which may be protective. Which ones did u use. Also what is “grounding”
Yeah I have done lots of experementing with lights. What I currently do if I am using them is at morning around sun rise I use standard IR/red light (Cheap ones used for heating food). Then I use standard incandescent light bulb after sun is up. Now this next bit is potentially important, only after the sun is been up for around 2hrs or so will I use a halogen reptile light with UVA UVB.

This is because it is more inline with circadian rhythm, and as far as I am aware you build your sex steroid and other hormones in the morning and then when UVA shows up this is the signal to stop building these hormones and indeed it appears uva deactivates most of these hormones. This is why I leave a gap.

I have only really noticed anti SAD effects but it is very hard to tell as any improvements would be rather subtle and slow building.

Grounding is putting your bare feet on the earth without anything blocking conductants inbetween (shoes, floors, etc). The idea is the negative charge / electrons from earth can flow into your body and potentially help in all sorts of ways that I do not understand very well. If I had to guess, I'd say it's legit however I have spent large periods of time grounded in natural light and whilst I do feel better (as long as it's not hot) I wouldn't say it's a game changer.

Yeah I have done lots of experementing with lights. What I currently do if I am using them is at morning around sun rise I use standard IR/red light (Cheap ones used for heating food). Then I use standard incandescent light bulb after sun is up. Now this next bit is potentially important, only after the sun is been up for around 2hrs or so will I use a halogen reptile light with UVA UVB.

This is because it is more inline with circadian rhythm, and as far as I am aware you build your sex steroid and other hormones in the morning and then when UVA shows up this is the signal to stop building these hormones and indeed it appears uva deactivates most of these hormones. This is why I leave a gap.

I have only really noticed anti SAD effects but it is very hard to tell as any improvements would be rather subtle and slow building.

Grounding is putting your bare feet on the earth without anything blocking conductants inbetween (shoes, floors, etc). The idea is the negative charge / electrons from earth can flow into your body and potentially help in all sorts of ways that I do not understand very well. If I had to guess, I'd say it's legit however I have spent large periods of time grounded in natural light and whilst I do feel better (as long as it's not hot) I wouldn't say it's a game changer.
Ah, so if you live in the north you can’t do grounding for a good part of the year.
So the reptile lights have UVA and UVB?? Which ones did you use?

I’m sorta thinking about this again Bc my blood pressure a little high and most of all pulse pressure is high—ray said that matter more, Ana the only things he mentioned in relation to that that I think I may be low in is vitamin d. Oral supplementation hasn’t seemed to help much. I guess u can get it from mushrooms ? Eggs? Liver? I eat eggs and mushrooms but idk if the store bought mushrooms are actually grown in sun

YourUniverse

Ah, so if you live in the north you can’t do grounding for a good part of the year.
So the reptile lights have UVA and UVB?? Which ones did you use?

I’m sorta thinking about this again Bc my blood pressure a little high and most of all pulse pressure is high—ray said that matter more, Ana the only things he mentioned in relation to that that I think I may be low in is vitamin d. Oral supplementation hasn’t seemed to help much. I guess u can get it from mushrooms ? Eggs? Liver? I eat eggs and mushrooms but idk if the store bought mushrooms are actually grown in sun
how much calcium do you get?

re vitamin D: Ray has said elevated estrogens can impair both thyroid and vitamin D status, and a sluggish liver is one of the main reasons for having elevated estrogens - food for thought

how much calcium do you get?

re vitamin D: Ray has said elevated estrogens can impair both thyroid and vitamin D status, and a sluggish liver is one of the main reasons for having elevated estrogens - food for thought
ueah I take progesterone and thyroid and I think I drink a decent amount of milk so idk. The most obvious reason for me having low D would be that I get very very little sun so ...

YourUniverse

Any thoughts in high pulse pressure though?
Vitamin K. I had high pulse pressure (> 50) for a few months. I fixed it with dietary vitamin K via kale broths a few times per week. Simply boil kale in iodized salt water for an hour, and drink.

Interestingly, vitamin K (and caffeine, protein, and saturated fat) are supposed to be the best things for liver health, which would decrease estrogen load (and help with vitamin D).

You said vitamin D supplements werent working (and they should). How much are you taking, and for how long?

I live in Canada, and get minimum sunlight, but my vitamin D seems fine (my sleep, temps, pulse, etc. are all good.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals