Quick Q About Peat Potato Protein Soup

Bluebell

I think I might cook Peat Potato Protein Soup for the 1st time tonight.

How long do I need to let it stand for to let the starch settle out?

& another question, I've been wondering about:

Why do we have to cook it at all? After all, it has very little starch if any. Are we neutralising toxins by cooking it? Transforming the proteins, the ketoacids?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
For a few hours is optimal. I only cook what I am going to eat.

jyb

There's still some amount of starch & fiber left even after leaving the liquid separate overnight. Cooking might kill some vitamin but it doesn't change the energy (ketoacids) of the soup.

J

j.

When I take the juice from the juicer to a container, something very thick forms at the bottom of the container. Is this normal?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
More like a lot on the bottom and some at the top end up floating and foamy.

J

j.

How many pounds of potatoes do you use to make the juice for a day?

jyb

8 big potatoes maybe... But on weeks I do it, I buy many more so that it lasts several days in the fridge. Would be too consuming for just 1 day, since it takes almost 1 day to do it including the time it takes for the starch to separate completely.

J

j.

Did any of you try making it without letting starch separate? If you did, what's the difference in how you felt?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
I try to let it separate as much as possible in the fridge.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
It's more like a continuing never ending process until the liquid is all gone. There always seems to be some starch leftover on the bottom.

jyb

Charlie said:
It's more like a continuing never ending process until the liquid is all gone. There always seems to be some starch leftover on the bottom.

Leaving it overnight in the fridge will result in result in separation - at least you won't see anything more building up by waiting longer. You can then scoop up a bowl each day from the top layer while avoiding unnecessary contact with the starch so that it stays calm.

J

j.

Anyone know where the solanine goes? With the starch or the liquid?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jzeno Quick Question: Why Does Ray Peat Suggest White Rice Over Brown? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 12
K Quick Peat Chocolate Brownie Mix aka Cottage Cheese Gelatin Mix Recipes 14
hoppimike Quick And Easy Peat-friendly Candida Supps? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 14
M Quick Report: 4 Months On 19nors VS 4 Months On Dutasteride Hair & Nails 15
Drareg Swine Flu Scandal Quick Video Articles & Scientific Studies 9
K Ice Cream Gets Me Fat Quick, Why Is That? Ask For Help or Advice 16
Hans How To Lower Prolactin: A Quick 10 Tip Guide Articles & Scientific Studies 27
Lenny Quick Question: Should I Eat White Button Muchrooms While Taking Minocycline? Ask For Help or Advice 6
michael94 A Quick Overview Of The Supposed Rape Of Nanking Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 29
jzeno Quick Question On Over The Counter Thyroid Versus Prescription Thyroid Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
M Hemorrhoids - Quick Question Ask For Help or Advice 8
Fractality Quick Method To Accumulate More CO2 CO2, Bag Breathing 4
A Dr. Berg Another Mainstream Reguritating Imposter Making A Quick Buck? Ask For Help or Advice 9
A Quick Question. (Famotidine, Nitric Oxide, Raw Garlic) Digestion 0
T I Need A Quick Way To Lower Endotoxin, Bacteria, Inflammation And Serotonin In The Gut Ask For Help or Advice 13
T What's A Quick And Easy Way To Clean The Bowels Of Endotoxin And Serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 6
michael94 Quick Tip About English ( English Language ) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 28
J Quick Short Term Desperate Need For A Deodorant Alternative Body Care 15
T An Antidepressant Drug For 50+ Dad, Need Quick Help Ask For Help or Advice 26
S Quick Query On UVB Lamp Light 95
J Is Mirtazapine Safe With Potential Thyroid Issues? (Quick Help Appreciated) Ask For Help or Advice 10
paka Quick Question: Is It Possible To Be Overweight If You Under-eat (even With Bad Metabolism)? Metabolism 8
paka Quick Question: How Often Do You Eat Per Day? Diet 2
D Quick Intro, Might Interest Someone Logs 10
burtlancast Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day Miscellaneous Health Discussions 127
Makrosky Quick Question About A Light Bulb I Have Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 20
SQu Quick Q: enough progesterone? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Y Is this drink good as a quick meal replacement? Diet 6
R A quick introduction Meet & Greet 11
F Buying gelatin to thailand quick Gelatin 4
L Ray Peat Interview Jan 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - #47: The Power Elite | Vaccines | Hair Loss | UFOs | Surviving The Great Reset Interviews 89
Mr Joe Homemade Peat-Friendly Whey Protein Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Hitchens Inevitably, death comes for us all. How will RPF honor Dr. Peat when that time comes? Ray Peat Topics 17
Inaut Ray Peat Torrent Resources 10
Incen Why is Peat so adamant about supplement use, but not food quality? Ray Peat Topics 5
joshquintanilla Anti-Peat New Soundbite- Jack Kruse on Ray Peat Debate - Anti-Peat 47
Harryedgar Anti -Peat - Fructose Increases Endotoxin? Sugar, Honey 0
GreekDemiGod Carnivores going Peat Diet 16
Q Anti-Peat Is Peat wrong on fructose? Debate - Anti-Peat 12
egoy Noob here! I have some questions regarding peat lifestyle Ask For Help or Advice 11
DANIEL Anti-Peat Peat Wrong About PUFA? Debate - Anti-Peat 46
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
Simatta Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic Diet, Recipes 52
DANIEL Anti-Peat If There's Bacteria in Human Breastmilk, Why Do Haidut and Peat Push the Sterile Gut Nonsense? Debate - Anti-Peat 70
M PERFECT PEAT OFFICE SETTING FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL NEEDS Light 1
livesimply Available EBooks Directly From Ray Peat Book Recommendations 0
L Ray Peat Interview Nov 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetics, Thyroid, Stress, News Interviews 7
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
DANIEL Peat Wrong About EFA Deficiency, Omega 3s Skin 69