Quick Peat Chocolate Brownie Mix aka Cottage Cheese Gelatin Mix

KT-John

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
That does look pretty good.

I have also found that cottage cheese and gelatin make a good mixture (creates a cake-like consistency).

Something I often make is:

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 tbsp gelatin
1 tbsp coccoa powder or half coccoa powder/half instant coffee
drop of vanilla extract
sugar, honey, stevia to taste

It is quick, easy, delicicious (reminds me of a moist brownie)
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,629
Location
USA
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

KT-John, welcome to the forum! :welcome
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

KT-John said:
That does look pretty good.

I have also found that cottage cheese and gelatin make a good mixture (creates a cake-like consistency).

Something I often make is:

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 tbsp gelatin
1 tbsp coccoa powder or half coccoa powder/half instant coffee
drop of vanilla extract
sugar, honey, stevia to taste

It is quick, easy, delicicious (reminds me of a moist brownie)

KT-
Do you dissolve the gelatin in hot water first...or what...?
 

KT-John

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

narouz said:
KT-John said:
That does look pretty good.

I have also found that cottage cheese and gelatin make a good mixture (creates a cake-like consistency).

Something I often make is:

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 tbsp gelatin
1 tbsp coccoa powder or half coccoa powder/half instant coffee
drop of vanilla extract
sugar, honey, stevia to taste

It is quick, easy, delicicious (reminds me of a moist brownie)

KT-
Do you dissolve the gelatin in hot water first...or what...?

Narouz

Nope. I just mix it straight. I buy the Now brand bulk gelatin (beef I believe) off Amazon.
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

KT-John said:
narouz said:
KT-John said:
That does look pretty good.

I have also found that cottage cheese and gelatin make a good mixture (creates a cake-like consistency).

Something I often make is:

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 tbsp gelatin
1 tbsp coccoa powder or half coccoa powder/half instant coffee
drop of vanilla extract
sugar, honey, stevia to taste

It is quick, easy, delicicious (reminds me of a moist brownie)

KT-
Do you dissolve the gelatin in hot water first...or what...?

Narouz

Nope. I just mix it straight. I buy the Now brand bulk gelatin (beef I believe) off Amazon.

Do you let it set for a while...?
Does it taste kinda gritty,
or like the gelatin hasn't fully dissolved?
 

KT-John

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

narouz said:
KT-John said:
narouz said:
KT-John said:
That does look pretty good.

I have also found that cottage cheese and gelatin make a good mixture (creates a cake-like consistency).

Something I often make is:

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 tbsp gelatin
1 tbsp coccoa powder or half coccoa powder/half instant coffee
drop of vanilla extract
sugar, honey, stevia to taste

It is quick, easy, delicicious (reminds me of a moist brownie)

KT-
Do you dissolve the gelatin in hot water first...or what...?

Narouz

Nope. I just mix it straight. I buy the Now brand bulk gelatin (beef I believe) off Amazon.

Do you let it set for a while...?
Does it taste kinda gritty,
or like the gelatin hasn't fully dissolved?

It is ready to eat right away, but I usually like to let it sit for a couple of minutes to thicken up a bit more. It doesn't taste gritty or anything. It really does create a moist cake/brownie-like consistency (at least with the type of gelatin I use--which is the only type I have every used so I don't know if the results would be different with another brand).

Try it. It's awesome.

FYI--when you start mixing in the gelatin it will thicken up quick and become hard to stir. So adding anthing afterwards will be difficult. Therefore, I recommend that you mix all the other ingredients first and get the amount of sweetener right before adding the gelatin last.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,629
Location
USA
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

KT, if you could come up with a name for this I would like to give it its own recipe thread.
 

narouz

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
4,429
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

Yeah, KT...that's not bad.
I see what you mean about the consistency and brownie dough.

I guess it's not surprising that this would work,
because cheescake has long been a Peat-adaptable food.
I've never made that.
I think it is mostly made with ricotta cheese, right?
 

KT-John

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

narouz said:
Yeah, KT...that's not bad.
I see what you mean about the consistency and brownie dough.

I guess it's not surprising that this would work,
because cheescake has long been a Peat-adaptable food.
I've never made that.
I think it is mostly made with ricotta cheese, right?

Narouz

I will often mix it up the night before and bring it to work for lunch. The longer it sits (especially when refridgerated), the more it will thicken/harden up. I actually like it better that way.

However, a word of warning. When consuming it in the above state, I highly recommend a metal spoon. Plastic spoons will bend and eventually shatter, creating an explosion of sorts. To this day I am still cleaning the crumbs out from my keyboard at work. :eek:
 

KT-John

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

Charlie said:
KT, if you could come up with a name for this I would like to give it its own recipe thread.

Charlie

I'd be honored. I don't have the slightest idea for a name though. I've made many variations with different flavors and what not (coconut oil, coccoa nibs, etc.). I initially came up with it by mixing the cottage cheese and gelatin with cinnamin, almond butter and stevia (prior to my more Peat-oriented dieting). Therefore, I've always just referred to it as a "cottage cheese gelatin mix."

I suppose this particular recipe could be called something like "Quick Peat Chocolate Brownie Mix."

But feel free to name it whatever you want.
 

HDD

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
2,028
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

KT-John, thank you for this recipe. So good. I eat cottage cheese but don't really care for it. This makes it wonderful!:)
 

KT-John

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Panna Cotta (milk jello)

Haagendazendiane said:
KT-John, thank you for this recipe. So good. I eat cottage cheese but don't really care for it. This makes it wonderful!:)

Haagendazendiane

I agree, I can't stand cottage cheese either. This is the only way I can eat it.
 

superhuman

Member
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
1,124
Re: Quick Peat Chocolate Brownie Mix aka Cottage Cheese Gela

How do you mix the ingredients together? in a blender ? food processor or just by hand?

Do you rinse cottage cheese first?
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jzeno Quick Question: Why Does Ray Peat Suggest White Rice Over Brown? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 12
Bluebell Quick Q About Peat Potato Protein Soup Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Ray Peat Potato Protein 66
hoppimike Quick And Easy Peat-friendly Candida Supps? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 14
M Quick Report: 4 Months On 19nors VS 4 Months On Dutasteride Hair & Nails 15
Drareg Swine Flu Scandal Quick Video Articles & Scientific Studies 9
K Ice Cream Gets Me Fat Quick, Why Is That? Ask For Help or Advice 16
Hans How To Lower Prolactin: A Quick 10 Tip Guide Articles & Scientific Studies 27
Lenny Quick Question: Should I Eat White Button Muchrooms While Taking Minocycline? Ask For Help or Advice 6
michael94 A Quick Overview Of The Supposed Rape Of Nanking Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 29
jzeno Quick Question On Over The Counter Thyroid Versus Prescription Thyroid Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
M Hemorrhoids - Quick Question Ask For Help or Advice 8
Fractality Quick Method To Accumulate More CO2 CO2, Bag Breathing 4
A Dr. Berg Another Mainstream Reguritating Imposter Making A Quick Buck? Ask For Help or Advice 9
A Quick Question. (Famotidine, Nitric Oxide, Raw Garlic) Digestion 0
T I Need A Quick Way To Lower Endotoxin, Bacteria, Inflammation And Serotonin In The Gut Ask For Help or Advice 13
T What's A Quick And Easy Way To Clean The Bowels Of Endotoxin And Serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 6
michael94 Quick Tip About English ( English Language ) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 28
J Quick Short Term Desperate Need For A Deodorant Alternative Body Care 15
T An Antidepressant Drug For 50+ Dad, Need Quick Help Ask For Help or Advice 26
S Quick Query On UVB Lamp Light 95
J Is Mirtazapine Safe With Potential Thyroid Issues? (Quick Help Appreciated) Ask For Help or Advice 10
paka Quick Question: Is It Possible To Be Overweight If You Under-eat (even With Bad Metabolism)? Metabolism 8
paka Quick Question: How Often Do You Eat Per Day? Diet 2
D Quick Intro, Might Interest Someone Logs 10
burtlancast Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day Miscellaneous Health Discussions 127
Makrosky Quick Question About A Light Bulb I Have Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 20
SQu Quick Q: enough progesterone? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Y Is this drink good as a quick meal replacement? Diet 6
R A quick introduction Meet & Greet 11
F Buying gelatin to thailand quick Gelatin 4
L Ray Peat Interview Jan 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - #47: The Power Elite | Vaccines | Hair Loss | UFOs | Surviving The Great Reset Interviews 89
Mr Joe Homemade Peat-Friendly Whey Protein Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Hitchens Inevitably, death comes for us all. How will RPF honor Dr. Peat when that time comes? Ray Peat Topics 17
Inaut Ray Peat Torrent Resources 10
Incen Why is Peat so adamant about supplement use, but not food quality? Ray Peat Topics 5
joshquintanilla Anti-Peat New Soundbite- Jack Kruse on Ray Peat Debate - Anti-Peat 47
Harryedgar Anti -Peat - Fructose Increases Endotoxin? Sugar, Honey 0
GreekDemiGod Carnivores going Peat Diet 16
Q Anti-Peat Is Peat wrong on fructose? Debate - Anti-Peat 12
egoy Noob here! I have some questions regarding peat lifestyle Ask For Help or Advice 11
DANIEL Anti-Peat Peat Wrong About PUFA? Debate - Anti-Peat 46
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
Simatta Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic Diet, Recipes 52
DANIEL Anti-Peat If There's Bacteria in Human Breastmilk, Why Do Haidut and Peat Push the Sterile Gut Nonsense? Debate - Anti-Peat 70
M PERFECT PEAT OFFICE SETTING FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL NEEDS Light 1
livesimply Available EBooks Directly From Ray Peat Book Recommendations 0
L Ray Peat Interview Nov 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetics, Thyroid, Stress, News Interviews 7
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
DANIEL Peat Wrong About EFA Deficiency, Omega 3s Skin 69

Similar threads

Top