Quick lactic acid buildup when climbing stairs

Korven

What diet minimized endotoxins for you?

Milk, meat, raw honey, blueberries.

Though diet alone wasn't enough for me. I feel like taking natural desiccated thyroid is what has allowed my organs and digestive tract to begin to heal. My body is becoming more like a furnace when endotoxin poisoning is going away, it feels very good. Still cycling through different antimicrobials for my CFS.

T

TheBeard

Milk, meat, raw honey, blueberries.

Though diet alone wasn't enough for me. I feel like taking natural desiccated thyroid is what has allowed my organs and digestive tract to begin to heal. My body is becoming more like a furnace when endotoxin poisoning is going away, it feels very good. Still cycling through different antimicrobials for my CFS.

Same here. I almost completely stopped sweating since having SIBO and endotoxin issues.
Antibiotics restored sweating and proper body temperature.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I watch a video, I think from Andreas Kalcker, there was a woman that was a runner and she noticed when she took chlorine dioxide drops she didn’t experience the typical lactate muscle pain.

Now it could be either the chlorine dioxide corrected something in her guts and thereby eliminating bacteria that produced endotoxins or that the chlorine dioxide somehow got rid of the lactic acid, or both.

I mentioned this to my son and he also noticed that he had less muscle pain after working out when he took the chlorine dioxide (‘MMS’) drops.

OP
D

deeper

Endotoxin overload.
I had that symptom for years, it completely disappeared after antibiotics.
Augmentin or Azithromycin
What were some of your other symptoms?

In my case, I've noticed a few things:
-Eyesight is going on me a little when I try and read things close to me
-Sleep quality has been lacking last few weeks/ months. Used to get better sleep.
-Joints hurting more. Ankle injury pain lingering on in background.
-Some abdominal fat I can't seem to get rid off, even though I've been back at the gym

I do work shift work which is a terrible thing on the body, and seriously considering a career change just so I can get a regular sleep schedule like normal people.

Also, I have some stomach issues. I will occasionally get constipated, and then sometimes I get diarrhea. I'm not on a regular poop schedule like I was in the past.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

What were some of your other symptoms?

In my case, I've noticed a few things:
-Eyesight is going on me a little when I try and read things close to me
-Sleep quality has been lacking last few weeks/ months. Used to get better sleep.
-Joints hurting more. Ankle injury pain lingering on in background.
-Some abdominal fat I can't seem to get rid off, even though I've been back at the gym

I do work shift work which is a terrible thing on the body, and seriously considering a career change just so I can get a regular sleep schedule like normal people.

Also, I have some stomach issues. I will occasionally get constipated, and then sometimes I get diarrhea. I'm not on a regular poop schedule like I was in the past.

I had exactly all the issues you listed here, and all of them got alleviated with antibiotics.

digga

@deeper , @GreekDemiGod @Korven n- how are you guys doing?

I suffer the exact same issue. 5 years ago it was burning from just static standing or a few stairs. I can now walk a flight without feeling much or 5 standing squats, at which time I can start to feel the lactic acid build up and it continues the more I do. Bike riding is the worst.

I am interested if anyone found a solution for this, it feels like a mineral deficiency, especially when mine has got better over time with various supplementation/diet changes. I too sufferred from very poor digestion (loose stools) for years. This year things are much better but the lactic acid hasn't improved. I am mainly a high fat/protein and medium carbs (mainly from complex). I've started adding in some more milk as Ray peat seems to use this as a staple and some honey incase it's some kind of glycogen issue ?

I've tried high dose B1 previously (dr lonsdale) right up to 1000mg + 500mg allithiamine over a 6 month titrating period and it made little difference.
Magnesium tried up to 800mg and i seem to do best at 250mg, tried adding extra B2,biotin, B3, B5, B12 at various measures over the years and make little difference. Cutting out lactic acid producing bacteria i.e ferments/yoghurts etc.
Tried BCAA/Creating/Beta alanine, think it makes it a tiny bit better, but I don't think this is something i'd want to consume every day as it's not really addressing the root cause of the issue. I am currently trialing high dose l glutamine again (tried several years ago) - I know Peaty isn't really in favour of this. I am now on 20grams per day (3 days in) and was going to try this for a week or so to see if i notice any difference at all as it's fairly easy to test (4-5 squats ) :)
I read some studies on consuming lots of orange juice may help, I used to have issues drinking more than 50-100ml of orange juice otherwise it resulted in loose stools. Would be interested in trying it again if any one else has seen any improvements with this?

I know on this thread Thebeard is mentioning taking rounds of anti biotics (potentially every 3 months) but this seems like a last resort for me personally as my gut is not functioning really nicely that I don't want to tip the balance in that regard.

Last edited:
OP
D

deeper

I had exactly all the issues you listed here, and all of them got alleviated with antibiotics.

I just did a bunch of tests at my family doctor, but I doubt I can just ask for a round of antibiotics without a compelling reason. Are you guys going through a naturopathic doctor or an alternative avenue? It feels an assembly line when I see the doc. There is zero interest or personalized questions about my health. In and out, on to the next patient.

OP
D

deeper

Re visiting this thread after a while. Which antibiotic did you go on ?

And did the antibiotic effect your gut flora ? Did you have to take probiotics for a while after ?

Thanks

golder

T
Re visiting this thread after a while. Which antibiotic did you go on ?

And did the antibiotic effect your gut flora ? Did you have to take probiotics for a while after ?

Thanks
The beard has now left or been banned from this forum.

golder

Well that’s a bummer
Yeah, I quite enjoyed some of his posts, and apparently so did many others.
Apparently he abused peoples trust and stole money from them via organising sales through DMs.

OP
D

deeper

Anyways back to the topic at hand. Since I like the GAPS diet philosophy and peat’s stuff I’m just a little worried about wiping out my gut biome. Is this a legit concern ?