Quick lactic acid buildup when climbing stairs

deeper

I've noticed over the past few months that when I walk up a flight of stairs, even just 1 floor, I start to feel a burn in my legs come on quicker than what I remember. I'm trying to figure out what might be causing this. I'm a male in my mid 40's and follow a peat inspired diet for the most part.

Any feedback appreciated.

TheBeard

Endotoxin overload.
I had that symptom for years, it completely disappeared after antibiotics.
Augmentin or Azithromycin

TheBeard

Muscle weakness.
5 sets of 10 squats. 3 times per week should help. Alternatively a 2 minute wall hold 3 times a week.

Terrible advice.

Only exercise when you feel that numbness and tingling in your muscles that urges you to do so.
Lactic acid build up is the opposite of that sensation. Rest is the only option for

GreekDemiGod

I didn't know there's a connection between lactic acid and endotoxin.
I def. have endotoxin issues due to poor digestion, and also have poor anaerobic performance. Even plain walking can become stressful to me.

MidBicep

I've noticed over the past few months that when I walk up a flight of stairs, even just 1 floor, I start to feel a burn in my legs come on quicker than what I remember. I'm trying to figure out what might be causing this. I'm a male in my mid 40's and follow a peat inspired diet for the most part.

Any feedback appreciated.
Height / weight, are you sedentary? Do you have any muscle mass at all?

TheBeard

I def. have endotoxin issues due to poor digestion, and also have poor anaerobic performance. Even plain walking can become stressful to me.

I was the same. Out of breath just walking although I'm shredded and muscular.
Walking one fleet of stairs would make my legs burn.

After one course of antibiotics I felt like I could participate in a triathlon.
Life saving

Korven

Ray Peat: ‎”Incidental stresses, such as strenuous exercise combined with fasting (e.g., running or working before eating breakfast) not only directly trigger the production of lactate and ammonia, they also are likely to increase the absorption of bacterial endotoxin from the intestine. Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don’t always fully repair the cellular damage.”

On muscle meat carnivore I would get the worst lactic acid buildup, adrenaline through the roof. My exercise tolerance is still not good but at least I can walk up and down stairs without feeling like dying.

MidBicep

For example, I am 180 lbs, 14% BF with good muscle mass and walking stairs fatigues me.
Diet sure plays a role on how you feel and function throughout the day, but I still managed to progress on yesterday's strength workout even though I was in a bad mood from going low fat. I don't believe in quick fixes and I think you'll see the most difference overall with things that you do yourself (eat, sleep, train smart), rather than having something done to you (going to a therapist, taking pills or supplements etc.)

TheBeard

Ray Peat: ‎”Incidental stresses, such as strenuous exercise combined with fasting (e.g., running or working before eating breakfast) not only directly trigger the production of lactate and ammonia, they also are likely to increase the absorption of bacterial endotoxin from the intestine. Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don’t always fully repair the cellular damage.”

On muscle meat carnivore I would get the worst lactic acid buildup, adrenaline through the roof. My exercise tolerance is still not good but at least I can walk up and down stairs without feeling like dying.

What diet minimized endotoxins for you?

Jam

@deeper and @GreekDemiGod, by chance do you smoke and/or live in a metropolitan area? The only time I ever suffered from such effects was when I smoked AND lived in a polluted city. And I too was shredded and athletic.