Questions On Chemistry

Jon

lately things have been great, got some fantastic lab results from some blood work and I owe much of my health improvement to the free knowledge and discussions that is given and are had on this forum! This site instilled hope in me when I was running out of it. The people here have taught me to think for myself when it comes to health, and that there's something sorely wrong in the medical community that things like type two diabetes and pre diabetes are baffling ailments to the professionals, yet the people in this forum offer science backed angles from which to attack, or atleast control these syndromes AND do it sans medication, or at the most a much less harmful drug.

Now that I have a grasp on the laymens concepts of nutrition I'm really thirsting for deeper understanding. People like @Edward and @Such_Saturation who can rattle off a chemical equation to explain a reaction or quell a concern another member may be having, just impresses the hell out of me and I'd like to learn more. My questions are where should I start? I have some basic chemistry, and bio books from high school lol and my plan is to start at the basics again and do the lesson plans but does anyone have any advice on where to go from there if my goal is to grasp chemistry on a nutritional level? I'm not about to go back to school and I'm not quite sure what I'd do with the knowledge other than share and offer explanations the way those guys can, all I know is that I'm really thirsting for more and I've realized this type of learning is becoming a passion. Any suggestions (short of going back to college lol) would be much appreciated! Thanks!

meatbag

lately things have been great, got some fantastic lab results from some blood work and I owe much of my health improvement to the free knowledge and discussions that is given and are had on this forum! This site instilled hope in me when I was running out of it. The people here have taught me to think for myself when it comes to health, and that there's something sorely wrong in the medical community that things like type two diabetes and pre diabetes are baffling ailments to the professionals, yet the people in this forum offer science backed angles from which to attack, or atleast control these syndromes AND do it sans medication, or at the most a much less harmful drug.

Now that I have a grasp on the laymens concepts of nutrition I'm really thirsting for deeper understanding. People like @Edward and @Such_Saturation who can rattle off a chemical equation to explain a reaction or quell a concern another member may be having, just impresses the hell out of me and I'd like to learn more. My questions are where should I start? I have some basic chemistry, and bio books from high school lol and my plan is to start at the basics again and do the lesson plans but does anyone have any advice on where to go from there if my goal is to grasp chemistry on a nutritional level? I'm not about to go back to school and I'm not quite sure what I'd do with the knowledge other than share and offer explanations the way those guys can, all I know is that I'm really thirsting for more and I've realized this type of learning is becoming a passion. Any suggestions (short of going back to college lol) would be much appreciated! Thanks!

GenChem:
http://chemed.chem.purdue.edu/genchem/topicreview/index.php

OpenStax

Biochemistry:
Lehninger Principles Of Biochemistry 7th Edition : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Thiamine Normalizes Pyruvate / Lactate Levels In Rats With Cancer

Organic:
The Travis Corner

OP
Jon

Jon

@meatbag @lisaferraro folks I'm so sorry I couldn't thank you earlier for your replies! I don't know if it's happening for everyone but often as of late I'm unable to post replies. The website seems really buggy but I'm not sure if it's just my browser or the site has been undergoing maintenance.

I checked out those links and wow! Thank you @meatbag ! That's gonna keep me busy!

And @lisaferraro no prob :) always glad to inquire something others may find helpful.

meatbag

@meatbag @lisaferraro folks I'm so sorry I couldn't thank you earlier for your replies! I don't know if it's happening for everyone but often as of late I'm unable to post replies. The website seems really buggy but I'm not sure if it's just my browser or the site has been undergoing maintenance.

I checked out those links and wow! Thank you @meatbag ! That's gonna keep me busy!

And @lisaferraro no prob :) always glad to inquire something others may find helpful.
Thank you @meatbag for these! @Jon thank you for asking this :):

noproblemo, lots of info on this forum. there's some good videos on youtube about different topics as well

meatbag

" In their preface, Nelson and Cox say their book has retained "Lehninger's ground-breaking organization, in which a discussion of biomolecules is followed by metabolism and then information pathways," but that at every other level "this second edition is a re-creation, rather than a revision, of the original text. Every chapter has been comprehensively overhauled, not just by adding and deleting information, but by completely reorganizing its presentation and content...." This is reminiscent of the book published under the name of Max Gerson after his death, which inserted essentially fraudulent material to support an approach that is exactly what Gerson strongly advised against."
-Membranes, plasma membranes, and surfaces

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Se...ds=30&fe=on&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t

https://www.amazon.com/Short-Course...EG8_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531655657&sr=1-8

https://www.amazon.com/Bioenergetic...eST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=detail

OP
Jon

Jon

" In their preface, Nelson and Cox say their book has retained "Lehninger's ground-breaking organization, in which a discussion of biomolecules is followed by metabolism and then information pathways," but that at every other level "this second edition is a re-creation, rather than a revision, of the original text. Every chapter has been comprehensively overhauled, not just by adding and deleting information, but by completely reorganizing its presentation and content...." This is reminiscent of the book published under the name of Max Gerson after his death, which inserted essentially fraudulent material to support an approach that is exactly what Gerson strongly advised against."
-Membranes, plasma membranes, and surfaces

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Se...ds=30&fe=on&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t

https://www.amazon.com/Short-Course...EG8_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531655657&sr=1-8

https://www.amazon.com/Bioenergetic...eST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=detail

Thank you!! its unbelievable to me that these are so cheap? I owe you man. I've been working in basic chemistry concepts lol you were right, YouTube is pretty much the way to go. I purchased a couple workbooks and they were terribly formatted. I've realized that the reason I had issues focusing as a kid were that these books have pages formatted to pull your attention every which way instead of giving you congruent information in an obvious direction. They wonder why kids have trouble with these concepts lol and then they keep formatting the books to be like picture books instead of a chemistry manual.

Anyway rant over, YouTube wins lol. Thanks again! I'm gonna order one of those right now!

meatbag

Thank you!! its unbelievable to me that these are so cheap? I owe you man. I've been working in basic chemistry concepts lol you were right, YouTube is pretty much the way to go. I purchased a couple workbooks and they were terribly formatted. I've realized that the reason I had issues focusing as a kid were that these books have pages formatted to pull your attention every which way instead of giving you congruent information in an obvious direction. They wonder why kids have trouble with these concepts lol and then they keep formatting the books to be like picture books instead of a chemistry manual.

Anyway rant over, YouTube wins lol. Thanks again! I'm gonna order one of those right now!

yeah I just found them and ordered them when I posted as well. I'm still learning too but there are some good videos out there for sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals