Questions For Buteyko Teacher Artour Rakhimov Of Nomal Breathing

ro.

Hi guys,

I'm going to be working with Artour Rakhimov for 2 months. Does anyone have any health/Buteyko related questions they'd like me to ask him?

whodathunkit

Does he have a recommendation for the best "compact" breathing trainer? I have a Breathslim but that's not easy to carry around in purse or use discreetly at work, for example.

Mufasa

Yes, that!

It is easily seen that depleting your tissues of CO2, will improve your Control Pause. Just hyperventilate for a couple of minutes, and you will be able to hold your breath for much and much longer.

Many strategies that Artour advocates do decrease the production of CO2 in your body. Ketosis does. Calorie restriction does in general. Fasting does.

Agent207

He didn't used to. But now he does. I think it's a huge mistake.

I think what Rakhimov advocates is the better oxigenation at cellular level via retaining proper CO2 levels. What mistake are you meaning?

@ro. did you finally worked with him? What things did you learn from him? Im very curious about

I think what Rakhimov advocates is the better oxigenation at cellular level via retaining proper CO2 levels. What mistake are you meaning?

@ro. did you finally worked with him? What things did you learn from him? Im very curious about

He's told me he's now advocating ketogenic low carb diets.

OP
R

ro.

Yes. I spent 1.5 hours a day doing his breathing and physical exercises for 2 weeks however i didn't see an improvement in my control pause. My colleague did see an improvement to around 30 secs morning CP and says as a result he was sleeping only 6 hours a day naturally whereas before he used to sleep 8. He said besides that though he didn't feel much difference.

After around 2 weeks my colleague, Artour and I decided to part ways as Artour turned out to be a very peculiar man and things wern't working out between us lol.

James_001

Yes. I spent 1.5 hours a day doing his breathing and physical exercises for 2 weeks however i didn't see an improvement in my control pause. My colleague did see an improvement to around 30 secs morning CP and says as a result he was sleeping only 6 hours a day naturally whereas before he used to sleep 8. He said besides that though he didn't feel much difference.

After around 2 weeks my colleague, Artour and I decided to part ways as Artour turned out to be a very peculiar man and things wern't working out between us lol.

can you elaborate on this?

OP
R

ro.

can you elaborate on this?

For 30 mins 3x a day I'd breathe through a homemade frolov device which was basically a bottle with a hole cut on the lid. A thick straw went through the hole and and the bottom of the bottle was completely cut off and put in a bowl filled with a very small amount of water (like 1-2 mm in height). I'd also do 1.5 hours of walking a day as my morning CP was only 10 secs. As your morning CP goes higher the amount of exercise you do should be more vigorous as your body can handle the extra stress, according to him. Sometimes instead of using the home made frolov device we'd do actual Buteyko breathing. The regime also consisted of other things such as taking fish oil, magnesium etc.

I adhered to the regime pretty well (apart from i wasn't on a ketogenic diet, neither was my colleague) however didn't really see much results.

OP
R

ro.

Also whilst my CP was very low, my ventilation rate was close to that of a "healthy" person's.

Matija

I have similar self observed diagnosis. CP is about 30 sec and I have 4-5 breaths per minute. However I think my CO2 tolerance is low so have to train my body. I have positive attitude towards Buteyko method and am willing to give it a try, at least month or two.

Manwithnoname

Yes, that!

It is easily seen that depleting your tissues of CO2, will improve your Control Pause. Just hyperventilate for a couple of minutes, and you will be able to hold your breath for much and much longer.

Many strategies that Artour advocates do decrease the production of CO2 in your body. Ketosis does. Calorie restriction does in general. Fasting does.
According to Artour hyperventilating will improve maximal pause not control pause. Remembering control pause is breath hold until first time of stress(and you should resume normal breathing after as before the test) which indicates body oxygen levels.

Manwithnoname

Also whilst my CP was very low, my ventilation rate was close to that of a "healthy" person's.
How did you do that? Did you have a spirometry device to test this? Remembering there is more to hyperventilation then just "ventilation rate." You could be overbreathing with reference to tidal volume. I don't like Artour's approach to diet. Neither do I like Peat's. Everyone has there unique body chemistry. I do more better on a peat diet more starches and carbs according to my genetic markers and experience. Ketosis really hurt me.

Some people take awhile to up their CP and it isn’t always a direct route. It can be really tough for some. It was for me.

Manwithnoname

Some people take awhile to up their CP and it isn’t always a direct route. It can be really tough for some. It was for me.
I was wondering if you are a certified buteyko practicioner? You seem to have a lot of experience with buteyko. Where you trained directly by Artour?

Owen B

When you're doing Buteyko and Rakhimov is it important to know when to stop exercising?

It seems like that would be good to know.

Would that be when one starts to mouth breathe?

Manwithnoname

Yes. When you have a strong urge to breath through your mouth you need to stop. I would say even if you are getting very breathless with nose breathing you should stop or at least take a break. Artour has said many times that if it is too much breathing restriction it will create stress responses and vasoconstriction.

Waynish

Hi guys,

I'm going to be working with Artour Rakhimov for 2 months. Does anyone have any health/Buteyko related questions they'd like me to ask him?

1) Has he tried hyperbaric & what are his thoughts on it?
2) Why is Buteyko superior to qigong & the Chinese methods that I assume Buteyko originated?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals