Question If You Bodybuild And You Have Way Higher Testosterone Levels Hen

biggirlkisss

question if you bodybuild and you have way higher testosterone levels then does that mean when you work out your recovery is faster. You have more enegery too. If that was the case then why do people put on muscle without any exercise by increasing thyroid function. Does the body when adrenaline and coirstol is balanced have enough enegery to put on more muscle.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

spilt work outs 4 days a week or 3 days a week
one day back and shoudlers
two day chest
three day bis and tricips
works out no longer then 45 minute 30 seconds on 1 minute rest

Body building ITSELF may lower testosterone. It can raise cortisol and HGH and in many studies does T no favors.

meatbag

Body building ITSELF may lower testosterone. It can raise cortisol and HGH and in many studies does T no favors.

Hormone Function in Resistance Exercise: Volume of Training
In resistance exercise, total volume is easily calculated by the number of reps x sets x weight that is performed in either a single session of resistance exercise or during a long-term resistance training program. Marx et al. (2001) examined the long term training (6-month training regime) adaptations associated with a low-volume (circuit) resistance training program versus a periodized high-volume resistance program in college-aged women. The study showed that the periodized higher volume resistance program had higher testosterone, insulin-like growth factor-1, and decreased levels of cortisol after the 24 weeks of training when compared to the circuit program. Greater increases in muscular strength, power, and speed were also seen in the high-volume group.
Smilios et al. (2003) examined the acute effects of the number of sets on testosterone, cortisol, and growth hormone responses after maximum strength (5 reps at 88% of 1RM, 3-min rest) and muscular hypertrophy (10 reps at 75% of 1RM, 3-min rest) protocols with 2, 4 and 6 sets of each exercise in 11 physically active (2-8 years resistance training experience) young men. Subjects also did a strength endurance (15 reps at 60% of 1RM, 1-min rest) protocol with 2 and 4 sets. In the muscular strength protocol, the number of sets did not affect the hormonal profile. In the muscular hypertrophy and strength endurance protocol, there was an increase in cortisol and growth hormone levels in four sets of exercise versus two sets. In this study, there was no significant increase in testosterone in any of the testing conditions. Contrariwise, Kramer and Ratamess (2005) summarize that protocols high in volume do tend to produce acute hormonal elevations in testosterone, as well as cortisol, and growth hormone.
Practical Application: Volume of Training
Acute and chronic research shows that higher-volume resistance programs tend to elicit the greatest hormonal responses.

If you over do volume, your gonna have a bad time

Last edited:

meatbag

so how do I need if im over training I'm tired after wards.?

I think the easiest way is too pay attention to your body. If your working out and the bar speed starts to slow down and you feel like crap just leave. At the end of the workout you should feel like you worked out but like you can do more, also kind of hungry. If you feel freaking exhausted and nauseous then you probably over did it.

D

Deleted member 5487

question if you bodybuild and you have way higher testosterone levels then does that mean when you work out your recovery is faster. You have more enegery too. If that was the case then why do people put on muscle without any exercise by increasing thyroid function. Does the body when adrenaline and coirstol is balanced have enough enegery to put on more muscle.

Just for credibility purposes. I have a decade in the weightlifting and have a great physique. I'm about 5'11 200lbs at 13% bf.

Generally you need to discredit the advice from any and all bodybuilding forums. Specifically the following

1) To much protein(200 grams)
2) cardio
3) bulk/cut phases
4) peanutbutter being a healthy fat
5) 4-6 days in the gym for 2 hours
6) to much poor starch

All this revolves around old bodybuilding myths.

Instead.
Eat 100 grams of protein a day
Never do cardio(only 100yard sprints)
Never cut or bulk
Never eat peanut butter, only butter/yolks/coconut oil/icecream..etc for fats.
Every other day in the gym, only 45 mins.
Potatoes, rice, Orange juice and fruit for carbs.

Once I started doing this I Blew up in muscle strength and size, and lost fat. All the bodybuilding fourms guys have it all wrong, reckkng there thyroid on cuts and eatings pufas while over training. You can run circles around them if u know what your doing.

Train heavy strength. Today I did
Bench 1x8 1x6 1x4 Progessivly heavier
Tri extensions 2x6 2x8
rope extension 2x6 2x8
Done.

Do a Weighted pull up/bi/deadlifts A day
Bench/press/squat/tri B day

Progressive weights increase

Optimus

Just for credibility purposes. I have a decade in the weightlifting and have a great physique. I'm about 5'11 200lbs at 13% bf.

Generally you need to discredit the advice from any and all bodybuilding forums. Specifically the following

2) cardio
3) bulk/cut phases
6) to much poor starch

Instead.
Never cut or bulk

Once I started doing this I Blew up in muscle strength and size, and lost fat. All the bodybuilding fourms guys have it all wrong, reckkng there thyroid on cuts and eatings pufas while over training. You can run circles around them if u know what your doing.

Tri extensions 2x6 2x8
rope extension 2x6 2x8
Done.

I would like to hear more on your diet and daily routine. Since when did you start eating according to peat, how much change in muscle/fat did you see and other things that helped.

D

Deleted member 5487

I would like to hear more on your diet and daily routine. Since when did you start eating according to peat, how much change in muscle/fat did you see and other things that helped.

Sure, Started Peating about four months ago after an 8 month low carb starvation, my health was recked.

Went from 180-200lbs over four months, mostly muscle/water/glycogen. Clearly some fat, but alot fuller and more defined upper body. I can still see my middle pack of abs, and wear tight shirts at the gym with zero indication of a gut. In this order

Diet:
Coffee/Sugar
Mashpotatos-2yolks-4whites-orange juice
Lunch-Leftover Dinner Potatos or rice with a meat
Snakes-Gummy bears,Prunes,Mango,orange juice
Another meal Is mashed potatos some protein
Workout
Dinner-Whatever Carb and protein
Before bed-Gelatin-Carb

I just boil a large pot of potato every other day or so. Eating Frequently, not because I schedule it or want to. I am just extremely hungry most of the time.

Training Focuses On Shoulders/Arms/Upper Back/Upper Chest/Legs. In that Order- Too many squats/Dead lifts turn me into a walking tank Blowing up my legs and core. Great for beginners though

I focus on progressive Weight increase on
Shoulder Press-Barbell
Bench
Pull ups-Weighted
Curls
All High weight low rep 3x5 4x4..etc.

Ill through in one set of extra 3x8 on Arms-Bi-Tri Like extensions or hammer curls. For shoulder I do alot of Heavy lat raises-Front-Rear-Side.

Big rounded shoulder,Big arms, Decent chest, and wide back, Above average legs are the keys to any great physique. Train your body to fit your ideal. If I hit legs or chest 2x a week, they grow proportionally large, My chest can turn into a barrel if I am not careful.

Alot of guys on the bodybuilder drift simply cannot grow, I have found that strength+Hypertrophy is far superior and that not growing is a result of high reps with low weights, not stimulating anything.

Start with your heaviest set, then drop a few lbs do another, drop a few lbs and do another. That is the key.

Hope you catch my drift.

Last edited by a moderator:

EIRE24

They've done studies where men given testosterone grow more muscle sitting around all day than guys not on extra test. weight training. Androgens also increase conversion of T4 to T3 and shift the body towards proper oxidation. I mean there's more to eat but yeah androgens are obviously helpful.

Personally I think I don't have as much muscle as when I lifted really hard but defiantly more muscle than when I wasn't taking thyroid and hadn't lifted in over 2 years. Although I've never used test. i don't really have too much of an interest, I think thyroid, dht, dhea, progesterone are better and ray peat and haidut are on the money.

For energy are you eating veal liver and using thyroid? Methylene blue is helpful to. Remember that when your weight lifting your body will probably need more protein and carbohydrate and SALT! (also dat magnesium)

What kind of workouts are you doing?
How much thyroid do you take and what supplement?

Optimus

Sure, Started Peating about four months ago after an 8 month low carb starvation, my health was recked.

Went from 180-200lbs over four months, mostly muscle/water/glycogen. Clearly some fat, but alot fuller and more defined upper body. I can still see my middle pack of abs, and wear tight shirts at the gym with zero indication of a gut. In this order

Diet:
Coffee/Sugar
Mashpotatos-2yolks-4whites-orange juice
Lunch-Leftover Dinner Potatos or rice with a meat
Snakes-Gummy bears,Prunes,Mango,orange juice
Another meal Is mashed potatos some protein
Workout
Dinner-Whatever Carb and protein
Before bed-Gelatin-Carb

I just boil a large pot of potato every other day or so. Eating Frequently, not because I schedule it or want to. I am just extremely hungry most of the time.

Training Focuses On Shoulders/Arms/Upper Back/Upper Chest/Legs. In that Order- Too many squats/Dead lifts turn me into a walking tank Blowing up my legs and core. Great for beginners though

I focus on progressive Weight increase on
Shoulder Press-Barbell
Bench
Pull ups-Weighted
Curls
All High weight low rep 3x5 4x4..etc.

Ill through in one set of extra 3x8 on Arms-Bi-Tri Like extensions or hammer curls. For shoulder I do alot of Heavy lat raises-Front-Rear-Side.

Big rounded shoulder,Big arms, Decent chest, and wide back, Above average legs are the keys to any great physique. Train your body to fit your ideal. If I hit legs or chest 2x a week, they grow proportionally large, My chest can turn into a barrel if I am not careful.

Alot of guys on the bodybuilder drift simply cannot grow, I have found that strength+Hypertrophy is far superior and that not growing is a result of high reps with low weights, not stimulating anything.

Start with your heaviest set, then drop a few lbs do another, drop a few lbs and do another. That is the key.

Hope you catch my drift.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

Edit: btw @Amarsh213 what supplements do you take. Any experience with thyroid, aspirin, nia etc. or whey.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

Edit: btw @Amarsh213 what supplements do you take. Any experience with thyroid, aspirin, nia etc. or whey.

Creatine 5g 2x a day. One pre and one post workout with orange juice. Really fills out the frame and adds some good water weight, power, and strength. No whey I have bad reactions, and find it not even remotely necessary, just some gelatin before bed with carbs. With Whey people over do it, and get to much protein which is counter-productive believe it or not, another product to sell to the ignorant masses in the bodybuilding sphere. Aspirin occasionally at night, Seems to lower estrogen and reduce soreness, However I have found it to add some weight to the mid section. There is a few forums on here with similar reactions. Never tried thyroid, probably won't. I am young and not hypo anymore.

You can try low fat and see how you feel. I need quite a bit of fat, as I hold about 30lbs of extra muscle than the average guy and my muscles burn a lot of fatty acids at rest. On low fat, my body ramps up cortisol to release some fatty acids for extra fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_xXx

haha thats funny maybe in your case, buuuuuut a healthy body should get a significant increase in testosterone, while lifting weights. Because training give stimulus to your body to secret testosterone, if your body functions well and reacts well to the stimulus

BigChad

2) cardio
3) bulk/cut phases
6) to much poor starch

Instead.
Never cut or bulk

Tri extensions 2x6 2x8
rope extension 2x6 2x8
Done.

Hey man i understand most of what you said but why so low protein? Doesn't ray himself advise high protein diets

BigChad

Yeah but it's less important that high vitamin A foods. Eating liver, yolks will do leagues more than some peice of muscle meat.

[PDF] Vitamin A : The Forgotten Bodybuilding Nutrient By Chris Masterjohn - Semantic Scholar

don't vitamin D, E, and K have even more an impact on muscle than vitamin A? thats interesting because there's an entire thread where people are saying vitamin A is a toxin.
Ideally it would be better to do both a high protein diet and adequate vitamin A right? how much vitamin A do you get per day currently. Would 4500Iu from food/supps combined be enough if you are also getting lots of vitamin K and 10000IU d3 a day?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals