Question For People Who Thrive On Fruit

JustAGuy

How big are your fruit meals?

I find that eating too much fruit in one go causes adrenaline release, which I do not have with super high gi refined carbs. So it is related to the sugar. If I spread the fruit out more it is okay, but if I eat like a whole cherimoya (300 kcal fruit) that is super ripe in one go I get a massive adrenaline surge.

MatheusPN

Salt probably will resolve your issue, at least 1 tablespoon per day

Edited to respond back

Can be some nutritional deficit, I know that some hormones are responsible for sodium retention... I don't know other mechanism to fruits causing an adrenaline surge in you

The fruits are equal to me in that thing of taste compared with others foods
When I start to "nauseate", usually with dried grape, I stop
I can eat all day anonas

Last edited:
OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Salt probably will resolve your issue
Have tried it, same effect.

Also another very interesting thing I noticed recently is that the exact same fruit starts to taste bitter after I had a lot of it, sweetness goes down by like 70%, is this my body saying it cannot handle more?

Jennifer

How big are your fruit meals?

I find that eating too much fruit in one go causes adrenaline release, which I do not have with super high gi refined carbs. So it is related to the sugar. If I spread the fruit out more it is okay, but if I eat like a whole cherimoya (300 kcal fruit) that is super ripe in one go I get a massive adrenaline surge.
When you eat high GI refined carbs, do you add anything to them such as a fat and/or eat them in combination with other foods or do you eat them plain without any fat, protein etc. added and/or in isolation? Could the fiber in the fruit be causing the adrenaline reaction due to gut irritation — high GI refined carbs are typically very low in or free of fiber?

I eat large fruit meals such as a whole watermelon and never have an adrenaline reaction. With food, I only ever had adrenaline responses from dense protein sources (animal) and starches. Starch in particular, caused my sugars to crash while fruit never has — I struggled to metabolize complex sugars due to weak adrenals and to a lesser extent, pancreas.

One thing I find with low-fat fruit eaten without something fattier like young coconut meat is that I end up hungry much sooner than I do with other foods because of how easily, and thus quickly, it's digested. Maybe you'd do best slowing things down by eating larger fruit meals in combination with some fat or if that doesn't work, a dense protein, also?

GAF

Large fruit meals?

After I got used to eating fruit, I just nibbled on a piece or two whenever and I was great. I just kept bowls of cut up fruit around all the time.

Meals no longer existed.

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

When you eat high GI refined carbs, do you add anything to them such as a fat and/or eat them in combination with other foods or do you eat them plain without any fat, protein etc. added and/or in isolation? Could the fiber in the fruit be causing the adrenaline reaction due to gut irritation — high GI refined carbs are typically very low in or free of fiber?

I eat large fruit meals such as a whole watermelon and never have an adrenaline reaction. With food, I only ever had adrenaline responses from dense protein sources (animal) and starches. Starch in particular, caused my sugars to crash while fruit never has — I struggled to metabolize complex sugars due to weak adrenals and to a lesser extent, pancreas.

One thing I find with low-fat fruit eaten without something fattier like young coconut meat is that I end up hungry much sooner than I do with other foods because of how easily, and thus quickly, it's digested. Maybe you'd do best slowing things down by eating larger fruit meals in combination with some fat or if that doesn't work, a dense protein, also?

I add nothing to the refined carb meals. Today had a mixed reaction to two super ripe papayas. Had a relaxed feeling but still somewhat restless from the chest from adrenaline. Maybe my body just isn’t used to getting such easy to digest foods and is caught off guard by the fructose trying to process it. Grapes don’t give me this effect but they don’t taste nearly as sweet or give me similar energy. I guess they just aren’t very ripe.

I will keep trying to slowly experiment with the very ripe fruits.

I feel like the fruit energy is very clean though, seems to give pure energy without taking energy away from me (feels like this instinctively ).

Protein/fats make me feel worse always no matter what. I have never felt a benefit from them and don’t crave them often. I just throw in some essential amino acids powder here and there to make sure I get those all in at least :).

I do sometimes have a carb craving, and less frequently a meat craving. This is always when my body is very relaxed. It feels like it wants to use them to build, whereas fruit seems to want to be used to work/during stress (sounds weird but is just instinctive gut feeling I have somehow).

Always when I feel relaxed like I feel now from the papaya any oilyness from my skin disappears completely and hair becomes dryer and more sturdy. I guess this means my body is out of lipolysis or something.

Large fruit meals?

After I got used to eating fruit, I just nibbled on a piece or two whenever and I was great. I just kept bowls of cut up fruit around all the time.

Meals no longer existed.
I wonder what you noticed from getting used to eating fruit? Taste wise or did your body need to adjust?

I am trying to get to a system where I can just eat two or three meals so I don’t have to bother with food all day. I log all my calories so constantly eating and measuring all day is a lot of trouble, though I would do it if energy benefits are a lot.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@JustAGuy

I found it helpful to consume dried fruits, such as dates alongside milk. The lower water content of the dates reduces any disruption in fluid balance. The fiber in the fruit slows the absorption rate of the carbohydrate. Lastly, the fat increases insulin secretion, so you feel more satisfied and relaxed similar to a starchy meal.

GAF

Meals? Fruit doesn't work that way. Forget food. Do something more fun and interesting and meaningful. Food is boring. After some months on fruit, food requirements diminished to insignificance - couple pieces here and there. Other foods felt yucky and unclean. Sleep requirements went way down too. It was a great experience for me. It's hard to maintain because it's hard to find a gf who can pick good fruit and then keep a fresh bowl cut up all the time.

Runenight201

I find if my energy is low, or I’m sluggish, fruit/sugar is what my system needs to bring itself back to full attention. This usually occurs first thing in the morning, and then again after a bit after a starchy meal.

Starch definitely slows the system down, but I find it’s a necessary base that fulfills a deep rooted hunger I’ll have that fruit cannot fulfill, at least not the watery/sugary fruits. Often it’s a really salty potato or yucca with some chicken and broth that will calm down my system and bring warmth and relaxation.

I think there is a proper balance to be found with starch and fruit.

Of all the starches, I’m finding the well-prepared boiled tubers to be superior to grains. Although I do love my cinnamon toast every now and then =P

Edit: I just ate some mexican rice with pinto beans and a fizzy fruit punch cola from the mexican restaurant at the mall. I don't know how the hell they make it, but it was a million times more satisfying and tasty then the white rice and canned beans I eat at home. I asked the lady who works the cashier how they prepare the rice, and she said she wasn't sure of their exact recipe, but that she prepares (she's mexican) it with onion, tomato, and chicken stock in the rice cooker to add the incredible flavor. I'm sure they put a little bit of oil into the rice also, but it was not overly greasy, unlike the rice at chipotle, which leads me to ignore all satiation signals and continuously feed until I'm bloated and stuffed. This rice I was able to stop when I had enough, and the beans themselves were a pleasant complement, themselves filled with flavor in a liquidy soup that visibly had cilantro and onions, and I'm sure some tomato and other flavorings as well.

So perhaps all starches are good, depending on amount, quantity, appetite, physiological context, and preparation method. Plain white rice is disgusting and leaves me cold, but goodness that mexican rice put me on another level of good feels.

Last edited:

Jennifer

I feel like the fruit energy is very clean though, seems to give pure energy without taking energy away from me (feels like this instinctively
Yeah, I feel that way, too. Fruit gives me a ton of energy to the point that I sometimes need to eat fat to ground me.
Protein/fats make me feel worse always no matter what. I have never felt a benefit from them and don’t crave them often. I just throw in some essential amino acids powder here and there to make sure I get those all in at least :).
I understand. :) I used to struggle with fat and to a certain extent, still do. It no longer causes me a foggy head or gallbladder attacks but if I eat more than a certain amount, my circulation suffers — I get sleepy limbs and my feet cramp when practicing dance. Do you struggle with your liver?
I do sometimes have a carb craving, and less frequently a meat craving. This is always when my body is very relaxed. It feels like it wants to use them to build, whereas fruit seems to want to be used to work/during stress (sounds weird but is just instinctive gut feeling I have somehow).
It doesn't sound weird to me at all. I see amino acids as the builders and fruit/carbs as brain and nerve food.

Jennifer

Meals? Fruit doesn't work that way. Forget food. Do something more fun and interesting and meaningful. Food is boring. After some months on fruit, food requirements diminished to insignificance - couple pieces here and there. Other foods felt yucky and unclean. Sleep requirements went way down too. It was a great experience for me.
Huh, so I'm not alone in my experience. After two years on fruit, I've tried adding my old favorites back into my diet and find them really unappealing now. I questioned if something was wrong with me because all I seem to want is juicy fruit and young coconut meat. I also notice the same about sleep — I need much less of it and wake with a lot of energy on a fruitarian diet.
GAF said:
It's hard to maintain because it's hard to find a gf who can pick good fruit and then keep a fresh bowl cut up all the time.
Haha! You could always buy her a refractometer? It came in handy for me while I was learning to perfect my pickers — eyes, nose, ears and hands. :D

Jennifer

Runenight201 said:
Plain white rice is disgusting and leaves me cold, but goodness that mexican rice put me on another level of good feels.
Rune, if you haven't tried it already and like mango and coconut, you might enjoy mango sticky rice. I used to make it daily, I liked it that much. :)

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Yeah, I feel that way, too. Fruit gives me a ton of energy to the point that I sometimes need to eat fat to ground me.

I understand. :) I used to struggle with fat and to a certain extent, still do. It no longer causes me a foggy head or gallbladder attacks but if I eat more than a certain amount, my circulation suffers — I get sleepy limbs and my feet cramp when practicing dance. Do you struggle with your liver?

It doesn't sound weird to me at all. I see amino acids as the builders and fruit/carbs as brain and nerve food.
I don’t know if I have a liver problem, but for sure have a very overtaxed body from exercising like crazy on a bad diet using stress hormones for years. Taking a scoop of essential amino acids seems to kill the meat craving without the negative symptoms of eating protein that I experience.

I am currently in Asia and what I really learned here is that fruit =/= fruit. These Asian grapes and very ripe fruits give me energy while the european grapes never did. Neither do the imported American grapes that they sell here. The asian grapes basically fall off the branch when I touch them and taste a lot sweeter, whereas the American grapes have to be pulled off and taste like fiber.

I wonder have you ever tried cooking fruits? Does it give a similar benefit? I can’t eat like this when I return to Europe in a few months, we don’t have ripe fruits.

Runenight201

Rune, if you haven't tried it already and like mango and coconut, you might enjoy mango sticky rice. I used to make it daily, I liked it that much. :)

Idk why but I just can’t get behind the coconut. The only way I would like it is in a really sweet drink, perhaps with some rum =P

I may be turning to the dark side unfortunately. Well, I’ll be forever grateful for peat alleviating my dairy and sugar phobia, but I’ve got some rice cooking on the stove top that I mixed in with canola oil... the rice I had at the Mexican restaurant was too good and made me feel great. They also use a Caldo de tomato which has msg in it X.X

My problem has always been calories, and I think the PUFA in the rice allows me to eat more of it. I’m not sure why I can eat Mexican rice and not feel awful but feel terrible when I eat rice from chipotle. I think it could be the tomatoes that the Mexican rice is cooked in, which are protecting me in some fashion from the negative effects of the PUFA.

So I will be experimenting with this higher rice and beans with canola oil as the base of my diet for the meantime. If I notice any bad effects I’ll stop, and I could always switch to cooking in butter or even olive oil to be safer, but there’s something about vegetable oil that’s so damn tasty.

Perhaps my concurrent high sugar intake will protect me from the harms of the canola oil I ingest.

I have noticed that eating this way, food is just constantly pushes through me. Ive had 4 bowel movements today. So idk, I think this may work for me, despite how unpeaty it may be. But I ain’t peat, and I’ll eat in whatever fashion gives me the most energy.

DavidGardner

So I will be experimenting with this higher rice and beans with canola oil as the base of my diet for the meantime. If I notice any bad effects I’ll stop, and I could always switch to cooking in butter or even olive oil to be safer, but there’s something about vegetable oil that’s so damn tasty.

Perhaps my concurrent high sugar intake will protect me from the harms of the canola oil I ingest.

I have noticed that eating this way, food is just constantly pushes through me. Ive had 4 bowel movements today. So idk, I think this may work for me, despite how unpeaty it may be. But I ain’t peat, and I’ll eat in whatever fashion gives me the most energy.

If you really are craving vegetable oil that much, high-oleic safflower oil has half the PUFA and twice the vitamin E of canola oil. I guess there is some value to reverting to slightly higher PUFA for a while just to confirm whether Peating is working or not. The last time I tried this I felt ok at first and then miserable, like everything was swollen and puffy.

I have no doubt rice and beans with canola oil with induce bowel movements. :)

Runenight201

If you really are craving vegetable oil that much, high-oleic safflower oil has half the PUFA and twice the vitamin E of canola oil. I guess there is some value to reverting to slightly higher PUFA for a while just to confirm whether Peating is working or not. The last time I tried this I felt ok at first and then miserable, like everything was swollen and puffy.

I have no doubt rice and beans with canola oil with induce bowel movements. :)

I am a fool. I felt a little off after my Mexican rice with canola oil, almost as if things were approaching manic levels ever so slightly. When I finished making my rice I noticed it looked oily, just like the chipotle rice. I then recollected the lack of shine at the Mexican rice at the mall, so I actually think that particular restaurant might just not use oil to cook their rice, and they just add tomato bouillon, onion, garlic, and tomato sauce, and that’s what makes it taste so delicious.

So in stark contrast to the position I just took, I will now try my hand at the rice again, but use no oil and keep all the flavorings, and see if it’s as delicious and gives me the same feeling I had at the restaurant. Luckily I will be visiting that restaurant again tomorrow, and I will try my best hand at getting ahold of that official recipe! What I really would like to know is how they cook their beans, because I’m fairly certain I’m able to mimic the rice, but those beans were something else...

If the no oil rice taste is bad, then I will revert back to your recommendation, and perhaps try smaller amounts of safflower oil, enough to give it a satisfying taste, but (hopefully) not enough to induce negative cognitive effects.

lvysaur

but if I eat like a whole cherimoya (300 kcal fruit) that is super ripe in one go I get a massive adrenaline surge.
what exactly are the symptoms of said surge?

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

what exactly are the symptoms of said surge?
Similar to when I take a cold shower. Very focussed, breathing from chest, dilated pupils, agressive action feeling.

Just had 800 gram papaya, still a bit adrenaline but way less than a few days ago. Maybe my body just needs to get used to it.

Energy/lightness is a lot better on only fruit for sure. Feels like I get a lot of “bang for my buck” calorie-wise on ripe fruits. It’s 31 degrees celsius here but I wonder how only fruit would do in a colder climate. I think it might be possible maybe if one cranks their metabolism up high enough. Citrus fruits/watermelons make me colder than bananas/cherimoyas/papayas for sure. The more watery the colder it makes me it feels like.

Have 0 craving for salt funnily enough. When I had 1 kilo watermelon I developed some adrenaline and cheese craving, maybe it was too much liquid for my crappy metabolism right now. The blessing of a bad metabolism is getting very sensitive to what is more or less a stressor to my body. Good knowledge for when one recovers I suppose.

Jennifer

I don’t know if I have a liver problem, but for sure have a very overtaxed body from exercising like crazy on a bad diet using stress hormones for years. Taking a scoop of essential amino acids seems to kill the meat craving without the negative symptoms of eating protein that I experience.

I am currently in Asia and what I really learned here is that fruit =/= fruit. These Asian grapes and very ripe fruits give me energy while the european grapes never did. Neither do the imported American grapes that they sell here. The asian grapes basically fall off the branch when I touch them and taste a lot sweeter, whereas the American grapes have to be pulled off and taste like fiber.

I wonder have you ever tried cooking fruits? Does it give a similar benefit? I can’t eat like this when I return to Europe in a few months, we don’t have ripe fruits.
That's great that the EAA are working so well for you! :)

I can understand the Asian grapes giving you energy, while the European grapes don't. Those sound like good grapes! Typically, I can only find good grapes (for me that means super sweet, round and thin skinned with a nice snap when bit into) during certain times of the year here.

To get me through the winter, I now buy extra fruit when it's in season here and freeze it so I don't typically cook my fruit aside from squash. I feel a big difference between raw and cooked but after having been extremely ill, I'm now quite sensitive to the effect a food has on me so your experience may be different.

Cooking them obviously won't make poor quality fruit better in terms of acidity, nutrition and taste, but it may help with the digestion of them and you could always add some natural sweetener to make them taste better. I used to make fruit compotes while strict Peating, particularly from store bought frozen fruit.