Question for CHarlie

kettlebell

Hi Charlie,

Is there any way to see a thread all on one page? I sometimes find it useful to print whole threads thanks to the gems of information many contain and wondered if there is any way to display a thread on one continuous page for printing purposes.

If not, not to worry!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi Kettlebell.

No, I do not know any way to do this. The posts are limited per page to cut down on server load, and also so it will load faster on your browser. If I find a workaround to this I will let you know.

I will be moving this thread to the suggestions forum in the near future.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, so I was able to find a workaround. :)

Go into settings, then go to profile, at the bottom there will now be an option for "posts per page". You can now set that to anything you like up to 1000. I can always set the amount higher at a later time if needed.

Hope this helps!

pete

Charlie has a point in terms of performance, but I think there's a "Print All Posts" mod.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just checked pete and I do not see any recent ones available for this version PHPBB.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
pete said:
Charlie has a point in terms of performance, but I think there's a "Print All Posts" mod.

Pete, let me know if you find an updated one. I would definitely like to install that mod. And if you know of any other mods I should take a look at lemme know. Although, trying to keep the mods to a limit so things will run fast around here.

The new mod I installed today that lets you pick how many posts to view, I am not sure how long we will be able to keep that one because it really starts to put a load on the server if everyone is using it. Today is the highest server load we have ever had(due to normal use, it had nothing to do with the mod installed), still very well below limits though. But definitely something I need to keep in mind for the future because the popularity of this site continues to grow and I would like to make sure it is always snappy and responsive.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin