Question About Resting Pulse Rate

I notice as I have been following Ray's suggestions in order to increase my metabolism, my resting pulse seems to be doing pretty good during the day at around 75 to 80 bpm. But during the night as I sleep it drops down to 50 to 60 bpm. Is this a good sign or do I need to make some changes in order to get my pulse up during the night? I use a fit bit to monitor my pulse. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

yerrag

I think that metabolism downshifts at night. My temps and pulse are lower. If I remember right, it gets lowest around 5am. That's just me. I don't know if others experience the same.

OP
A
Thank you for your response. That does seem to make sense that the metabolism would downshift during the night.

Mito

Should I be aiming on getting the resting bpm to 80 bpm range?
Not necessarily because I'm not sure we know how the Fitbit's algorithm for calculating resting bpm translates to the numbers you hear Ray talk about. I doubt that Ray wears a Fitbit and the research he's done on optimal resting bpms didn't come from subjects wearing Fitbits 24hrs/day.

Jason_I

I'm the same - my BPM is lower at night / while sleeping than it is during the day. Never really gacve it too much thought, so not sure of the why / how / whether this is an issue. Though your post has piqued my interest. To Google I go!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals