Question about PUFAs

zeropercent21

When PUFAs are ingested, do they immediately block glucose oxidation, or are they stored in tissue first, then liberated through adrenaline, and then affect mitochondrial respiration? I get in arguments with my friend a lot, who thinks PUFAs are the greatest thing in the world, so I need to get my facts straight lol.

J

j.

My personal experience is that whenever I stray, and say, eat something fried in a vegetable oil, I don't feel good later that day. I feel bad after consuming sugar and can't consume as much. It takes me 24 to 72 hours without PUFAs to feel fine again.

lindsay

I had my gallbladder removed when I 23 (I am now 30). Since that time, my digestion has been a bit off when it comes to digesting fats. In the past, certain fried foods (if I ate too much) would have me waking in the middle of the night vomiting. Since then, I've realized that it's all been high PUFA content fat, as nothing is fried in butter when you go out to eat. I eat some saturated fat now and have no trouble digesting it, so it seems my body reacts to the high amounts of PUFA. Fortunately, it hasn't happened in quite some time because I stopped eating fried foods.