Question About LSD

Parsifal

Everything that increases adrenalin a lot (like psychedelics) can cause psychosis and anxiety attacks.

theonlyway

Ever since I took LSD I've been suffering from severe OCD, delusions and hallucinations. Prior to that I was mentally stable.
My trip was completely positive it was only the next day when I came down that my life became a living hell.
No one I've ever talked to has a clue how LSD induced phycosis can be reversed.

I've read LSD can trigger schizophrenia in those who are most likely going to get it any way. It kind of speeds the process in a sense.

I'm not sure if this is the case. I would explore things like progesterone deficiency, niacinamide deficiency, theory of serotonin deficiency which I've read can be caused by lsd use but isn't common. "LSD can resemble schizophrenia as it blocks serotonin receptors". Maybe you had low serotonin to begin with. Have you experimented with methylene blue Jayegray?

ATP

Everything that increases adrenalin a lot (like psychedelics) can cause psychosis and anxiety attacks.
Like a permanent shift towards that stressed state
I've read LSD can trigger schizophrenia in those who are most likely going to get it any way. It kind of speeds the process in a sense.

I'm not sure if this is the case. I would explore things like progesterone deficiency, niacinamide deficiency, theory of serotonin deficiency which I've read can be caused by lsd use but isn't common. "LSD can resemble schizophrenia as it blocks serotonin receptors". Maybe you had low serotonin to begin with. Have you experimented with methylene blue Jayegray?
I have tried methylene blue and it didn't do much. I have tried serotonin SSRIs, all making me feel worse. Also have tried progesterone and high dose niacinamide.

Dhair

I have been to multiple reputable psychiatrists and all of them agree I don't have schizophrenia and I personally believe I don't either.
It was when I was 19 and I am now 26. I have tried almost everything including cyproheptadine, all with no positive changes.
The onset of schizophrenia in males is typically in the late teens. I see a therapist and he's told me that the schizophrenic people that he's seen have all had delusions starting at around the age of 16-18, then it develops into schizophrenia. If you were 19 then it would still fall into that range.
Do you have a family history of schizophrenia?

ATP

The onset of schizophrenia in males is typically in the late teens. I see a therapist and he's told me that the schizophrenic people that he's seen have all had delusions starting at around the age of 16-18, then it develops into schizophrenia. If you were 19 then it would still fall into that range.
Do you have a family history of schizophrenia?
Yeah I understand all the diagnostic criteria. No one in my family has any mental illness. I'm telling you, it is caused by LSD, it completely FU**ED my brain.

Last edited:

paper_clips43

He means did you test the LSD to make sure it was actually LSD. That could be a defining factor.

Sometime in my teenager years a group of us all ate mushrooms and one friend went schizophrenic. His mental health deteriorated over the years although he eventually found some relief with psych meds. I can't remember exactly what they gave him. Lorazepam was one.

The other thing is correlation doesn't always equal causation. Going schizophrenic could have been inevitable and taking drugs may have induced an early onset. I hope you find relief soon. Talking with a therapist could help. Meditation?

ATP

He means did you test the LSD to make sure it was actually LSD. That could be a defining factor.

Sometime in my teenager years a group of us all ate mushrooms and one friend went schizophrenic. His mental health deteriorated over the years although he eventually found some relief with psych meds. I can't remember exactly what they gave him. Lorazepam was one.

The other thing is correlation doesn't always equal causation. Going schizophrenic could have been inevitable and taking drugs may have induced an early onset. I hope you find relief soon. Talking with a therapist could help. Meditation?
I know what he meant and of course I didn't test it.... I was 19 and it was at a party.

I agree with that correlation doesn't always equal causation but the day before I was completely fine and then the day after taking it, I was never the same. I think it's pretty safe to say it was the LSD in this case.

Like I said earlier in my other posts, I haven't been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I even wanted to be diagnosed with that because it will allow me to get disability support. Three seperate clinical psychiatrists all say I am NOT schizophrenic.
I don't fit into any of the categories in the DSM so they haven't diagnosed me with anything.
Even though I have these symptoms.

theonlyway

I'm going to guess you didn't have real LSD. My guess is you got nBome. I've never experienced psychosis or witnessed it with LSD. I've taken large doses also.

PUTFOT

Ever since I took LSD I've been suffering from severe OCD, delusions and hallucinations. Prior to that I was mentally stable.
My trip was completely positive it was only the next day when I came down that my life became a living hell.
No one I've ever talked to has a clue how LSD induced phycosis can be reversed.
That's crazy. Makes me think twice before doing drugs.

Samya

Most people who were close to Syd Barret in his life say that his psychosis was motivated by cannabis smoking and not LSD. i strongly reccomend consuming a large amount of sugar with LSD (around 300 grams at least depending on th intensity of the trip) to compensate for the stimulation of brain metabolism and restraining the hypoglycemic stress response that is probably associated with a "bad trip"

Hi there, I'm curious what kind of carbs you eat and when you eat them - before and/or during the LSD experience?

I've recently made a thread (awaiting moderation due to it being my 1st post I guess) about LSD and nutrition; would love to hear your thoughts here or in that thread once it's live.

Thanks. :)

FiveAsh

Perhaps three hundred grams is a little exagerated in hindsight. I think around 100 is suitable, and maybe just consuming liquids in the day before you trip. Milk, coffee, oj etc. Some sweetened oj is preferable i think if your feeling not quite right while tripping., though it probably lessens the intensity of the trip in general, eg perhaps hallucinations will be more mild. I find cigarretes during and after helpful as well. Its general effect on the nervous system is incredible though, you can feel the potency of the dopaminergic restoration. Makes me feel weightless some times as well.

Let Go

Watermelon is fantastic during a trip. Maple syrup, orange juice, pineapple are all good. A little alcohol if you can't get thoughts under control seems to help some people. A big pancake and egg breakfast in the morning is very helpful.

Let Go

I have been to multiple reputable psychiatrists and all of them agree I don't have schizophrenia and I personally believe I don't either.
It was when I was 19 and I am now 26. I have tried almost everything including cyproheptadine, all with no positive changes.

Have you tried DMT or any psilocin derivatives? They have some very profound benefits to your psychological well being

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals