Question About LSD

Samya

Perhaps three hundred grams is a little exagerated in hindsight. I think around 100 is suitable, and maybe just consuming liquids in the day before you trip. Milk, coffee, oj etc. Some sweetened oj is preferable i think if your feeling not quite right while tripping., though it probably lessens the intensity of the trip in general, eg perhaps hallucinations will be more mild. I find cigarretes during and after helpful as well. Its general effect on the nervous system is incredible though, you can feel the potency of the dopaminergic restoration. Makes me feel weightless some times as well.

:thumbsup:LSD is something special, one of my favorite aspects of the experience is the light/weightless feeling, walking can almost become like gliding or floating; there's even been times I thought I was close to levitating during meditation.

I feel like foods in general can be quite grounding during a trip, unless the brain is looking for more glucose in which case they can (ime) make it much stronger.

Waynish

Maybe there is a big misunderstanding in our measurement methodologies. Serotonin is depleted where - inside or outside of the cell? :)

passivity

I'm going to guess you didn't have real LSD. My guess is you got nBome. I've never experienced psychosis or witnessed it with LSD. I've taken large doses also.
Spot on:

Severe clinical toxicity associated with analytically confirmed recreational use of 25I–NBOMe: case series

Abstract
Context. 4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-N-(2-methoxybenzyl)phenethylamine (25I-NBOMe) is a N-methoxybenzyl-substituted phenethylamine with potent serotoninergic effects. We describe seven cases of analytically confirmed toxicity due to the recreational use of 25I-NBOMe in the United Kingdom. Case series. Seven patients, all young adult males, presented to hospitals in the northeast of England with clinical toxicity after recreational drug use in January 2013. Clinical features included tachycardia (n = 7), hypertension (4), agitation (6), aggression, visual and auditory hallucinations (6), seizures (3), hyperpyrexia (3), clonus (2), elevated white cell count (2), elevated creatine kinase (7), metabolic acidosis (3), and acute kidney injury (1). LC–MS/MS analysis identified 25I-NBOMe as the main active substance in the plasma of all seven cases. Conclusions. Severe clinical toxicity may occur following recreational use of 25I-NBOMe, with stimulant and serotoninergic features predominating. Clinicians should be alert to this substance, in view of its emergence in Europe as well as in the United States.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15563650.2013.802795

Parsifal

Most people who were close to Syd Barret in his life say that his psychosis was motivated by cannabis smoking and not LSD. i strongly reccomend consuming a large amount of sugar with LSD (around 300 grams at least depending on th intensity of the trip) to compensate for the stimulation of brain metabolism and restraining the hypoglycemic stress response that is probably associated with a "bad trip"
Some other people say that Barret turned like this because of Quaalude. Seems like people are never really rational when it comes to things they like/believe, when you are a pothead you will say it is a medicine and has no bad effects on health at all and is less dangerous than alcohol/is a conspiracy theory which is often exaggerated. People will use the same defense mechanisms for everything. Gurus in nutrition over the internet do the same for example (and eveyone can become a guru when they stop talking about their personal experience and start doing abusive generalizations and talking like they know everything better than anyone else).
I guess it becomes stronger for people taking drugs often because if you start to have a bad trip, it can become very creepy to think about things like this.

Samya

As with most psychedelics, it's totally possible to lose your marbles on LSD if you aren't careful, it's incredibly powerful stuff. Anyone experienced with it should know to not recommend it lightly.

Microdosing is relatively safe and in general LSD is considered low toxicity due to the active dose being very low, making an overdose extremely unlikely. It's still such a powerful substance people really should approach it with the upmost respect.

The most common reason people have problems is due to the ego-loss that psychedelics can induce, it's possible to feel like you're literally dying. Some people can externalize this and think they're friends are plotting against them, think they need medical attention, or experience depersonalization long after the substance wears off. In my experience LSD is overwhelmingly blissful, but if you resist it then it can be experienced as the opposite.

I can't find the quote but Dr David Nichols (probably the worlds foremost LSD researcher) said something along the lines of oxygen being low in cells during an LSD experience, I've personally found that it affects my breathing - usually very slow and shallow; perhaps this has something to do with the NDE nature of the experience. This also made me think about co2 levels being important, as they usually are in situations where oxygen levels are low (high altitudes etc).

Where do you guys get lsd?

I'd suggest researching LSD as much as you can, if you find it interesting enough you'll probably find a source.

Some say - you don't find LSD, it finds you. ;)

theonlyway

Did results come in positive? Can you PM me the site?

I do not remember which site. I researched sites via reddit, used tor to access the sites and researched reviews by seller. The test did come back positive. I did use it a few times. I wish I could get the actual dosage as that test is expensive.

Constatine

Personally I have had friends who have gone off the deep end due to LSD usage. Be very cautious with it.
What is the general motive here for trying LSD?

Waynish

Maybe a tangent, but I'm very curious:
There are many theories about why different batches of LSD affect people differently. The prevailing one seems to be the presence of different isomers. Anyone know more about this? I've been through quite a few books and basically every post about it online - and I've only really found speculation so far. People also blame the "dirty" feeling or "body load" with the presence of impurities and isomers - but everyone seems to agree it has nothing to do with the LSD molecule itself, since batches that produce awesome clarity and dirty-edgy feeling both supposedly have the same LSD molecules. One last thought is that it could be the other way around: a certain amount of a certain type of LSD isomer might be producing the desired effects - but I think this is doubtful. The reason I think it is doubtful is because in the early acid days, there seemed to be a lot more of the higher clarity LSD - while these days, it seems harder to find.

Some things that seem to have been ruled out for causing the differences between awesome and bad LSD have been:
-- ingestion method (blotter, liquid, skin, under tongue, etc)
-- set and setting (people recognize consistent effects from different batches)
-- age of the batch

The fact that these doses are working in the 100s of microgram-range is even more intriguing.
Ideas? Any chemists? @haidut?

theonlyway

Personally I have had friends who have gone off the deep end due to LSD usage. Be very cautious with it.

I would question the purity of the product before blaming LSD.

I have 40ug and 100ug blotter tabs. I've kept it on my tongue all times. My last experience was one of my favorites. My only regret was not eating or drinking enough as we were kayaking for hours in the hot sun without realizing it. I was sunburned, dehydrated, and exhausted but it was an incredible experience.

PUTFOT

What do you mean by gone off the deep?

My motive is to rid of serotonin and see how that will impact my thinking and views.

Regina

What do you mean by gone off the deep?

My motive is to rid of serotonin and see how that will impact my thinking and views.
About 20 yrs ago, I was feeling stuck and was drinking too much cheap wine with friends. I decided to buy some LSD and do it alone. It was a wonderful decision.
During my trip, I loathed wine and conceived of an entire string quartet. After recovering from the trip, I composed the piece like a house on fire and had zero interest in alcohol. It's a really good piece too.

PUTFOT

About 20 yrs ago, I was feeling stuck and was drinking too much cheap wine with friends. I decided to buy some LSD and do it alone. It was a wonderful decision.
During my trip, I loathed wine and conceived of an entire string quartet. After recovering from the trip, I composed the piece like a house on fire and had zero interest in alcohol. It's a really good piece too.
Nice. Dopamine is involved in addiction/routine. I'm starting to wonder if routine is serotonin driven or dopamine as in follow a routine in order to accomplish a goal/reward.

Samya

Maybe a tangent, but I'm very curious:
There are many theories about why different batches of LSD affect people differently. The prevailing one seems to be the presence of different isomers. Anyone know more about this? I've been through quite a few books and basically every post about it online - and I've only really found speculation so far. People also blame the "dirty" feeling or "body load" with the presence of impurities and isomers - but everyone seems to agree it has nothing to do with the LSD molecule itself, since batches that produce awesome clarity and dirty-edgy feeling both supposedly have the same LSD molecules. One last thought is that it could be the other way around: a certain amount of a certain type of LSD isomer might be producing the desired effects - but I think this is doubtful. The reason I think it is doubtful is because in the early acid days, there seemed to be a lot more of the higher clarity LSD - while these days, it seems harder to find.

Some things that seem to have been ruled out for causing the differences between awesome and bad LSD have been:
-- ingestion method (blotter, liquid, skin, under tongue, etc)
-- set and setting (people recognize consistent effects from different batches)
-- age of the batch
[/USER]?

I've definitely found that purity is important with LSD; a few crystals I've come across have 5-25% impurities which usually show up as iso-LSD on labtests, although I do think there can be other impurities present which may affect the experience. I've also come across quite dirty crystals with up to 60% impurities, although rarely.

I personally feel that purity can elicit a difference in experience, mostly subtley but sometimes obvious, however in most cases good or bad experiences still usually come down to set & setting, rather than due to impurities. Having a clean crystal doesn't guarantee a positive experience, vice-versa. It's still worth finding the purest LSD you can. In my experience, as the purity decreases the clarity tends to decrease and the bodyhigh (which can be pleasurable or not) tends to increase. At times a lower purity can greatly influence the experience, other times it's similar to taking a lower dose of a purer crystal.

I've recently witnessed a blind test where people have correctly distinguished between different crystals, although of course not everyone did. I tend to believe that apart from purity, different precursors, along with different synth routes could affect the character of different crystals.

Aside from Ehrlich reagent, which is a reductive test/not conclusive, you can have your LSD tested via Energy Control.

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

I have been to multiple reputable psychiatrists and all of them agree I don't have schizophrenia and I personally believe I don't either.
It was when I was 19 and I am now 26. I have tried almost everything including cyproheptadine, all with no positive changes.
Have you tried pregnenolone? When you do cannabis chronically this induces psychosis by makes the NMDA hypo-active. PREG fixes that. So I think it could work in your case..

edit. evidence: Neurosteroid Actions in Memory and Neurologic/Neuropsychiatric Disorders

As new ideas emerged from clinical studies by Andrew Herzog in the mid 1980s concerning the possible role of estrogen and progesterone in catamenial epilepsy (22), we hypothesized that progesterone might act as a positive allosteric modulator of the GABAAR. This led to the early work of Fong-sen Wu and Terrell Gibbs in my lab (23) showing that progesterone did in fact modulate GABAA and glycine receptors. Unexpectedly, we also found that pregnenolone sulfate (PregS), a novel negatively charged steroid derived from the sulfation of pregnenolone (PREG), potentiated N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) function (24) (Figure 1 and Table 1).

CBD Effects on Motor Profile and Neurobiological Indices Related to Glutamatergic Function Induced by Repeated Ketamine Pre-Administration
Ketamine acts as an uncompetitive inhibitor of NMDA glutamate receptors (Martin and Lodge, 1985). NMDA receptor hypofunction is associated with the neurobiology and symptomatology of schizophrenia, while glutamatergic neurotransmission has been essentially related to cognitive function and neuroplasticity (Frohlich and Van Horn, 2014; Piva et al., 2021).

and
calcium-sensitive Sigma-1 receptor prevents cannabinoids from provoking glutamate NMDA receptor hypofunction: implications in antinociception and psychotic diseases
Through the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1), the endocannabinoid system plays a physiological role in maintaining the activity of glutamate N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor within harmless limits. The influence of cannabinoids must be proportional to the stimulus in order to prevent NMDAR overactivation or exaggerated hypofunction that may precipitate symptoms of psychosis.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals