Question about inflammation and brain fog

success23

Hello. I have brain fog and one of the big reasons for it and mental sluggishness is low grade inflammation. I got sick with covid 1 month ago and this didn;t increase my brain fog. Based on this is it okay to assume that my brain fog is not inflammation related?

redsun

Hello. I have brain fog and one of the big reasons for it and mental sluggishness is low grade inflammation. I got sick with covid 1 month ago and this didn;t increase my brain fog. Based on this is it okay to assume that my brain fog is not inflammation related?
No its not inflammation related.

The most straightforward, likely reason for your brain fog is probably don't eat enough animal protein to make enough neurotransmitters and need more choline in your diet. Do you know your daily protein and choline intake?

K

Kayaker

Vitamin fortified milk causes brain fog for some reason.

No its not inflammation related.

The most straightforward, likely reason for your brain fog is probably don't eat enough animal protein to make enough neurotransmitters and need more choline in your diet. Do you know your daily protein and choline intake?
Eating starches creates brain fog too, and is the biggest contributor to my father's Alzheimer's.

redsun

Eating starches creates brain fog too, and is the biggest contributor to my father's Alzheimer's.

Well its not really surprising that older folk would be more affected by starch, particularly wheat because of the opiate peptides. These bind to opioid receptors which are inhibitory to brain function. I don't think wheat should be consumed in high amounts regularly but for most people, moderate amounts are fine. I consume plenty of starch but only 2 slices of bread daily as regular consumption. However, being severely debilitated by wheat indicates his condition is too vulnerable to even slight decreases in brain activity. He should avoid anything that even slightly reduces brain activity (like wheat) and needs to consume foods that stimulate the brain activity.

Higher protein diet and organs like brain and also eggs, unprocessed meat like chicken, beef should be consumed as well as vitamin C rich fruits. Oysters are also good food to enhance nervous system stimulation. I think he should avoid wheat of course but this does not mean starch as a whole is a menace. These are some suggestions for you to help his condition. High choline intake is particularly important for those with alzheimers. Meat and eggs are the best sources of choline.

I eat tons of rice mostly as well as other starches like wheat occasionally as I already said but I also follow principles in order to optimally stimulate the nervous system naturally so 2 slices of bread in the morning doesnt negatively affect my cognitive abilities. I dont think rice itself even slows you down at all, its not bread. Of course I understand not all are as resilient and especially not older people. So in that cases adjustments should be made to account for current health status.

Well its not really surprising that older folk would be more affected by starch, particularly wheat because of the opiate peptides. These bind to opioid receptors which are inhibitory to brain function. I don't think wheat should be consumed in high amounts regularly but for most people, moderate amounts are fine. I consume plenty of starch but only 2 slices of bread daily as regular consumption. However, being severely debilitated by wheat indicates his condition is too vulnerable to even slight decreases in brain activity. He should avoid anything that even slightly reduces brain activity (like wheat) and needs to consume foods that stimulate the brain activity.

Higher protein diet and organs like brain and also eggs, unprocessed meat like chicken, beef should be consumed as well as vitamin C rich fruits. Oysters are also good food to enhance nervous system stimulation. I think he should avoid wheat of course but this does not mean starch as a whole is a menace. These are some suggestions for you to help his condition. High choline intake is particularly important for those with alzheimers. Meat and eggs are the best sources of choline.

I eat tons of rice mostly as well as other starches like wheat occasionally as I already said but I also follow principles in order to optimally stimulate the nervous system naturally so 2 slices of bread in the morning doesnt negatively affect my cognitive abilities. I dont think rice itself even slows you down at all, its not bread. Of course I understand not all are as resilient and especially not older people. So in that cases adjustments should be made to account for current health status.
He had a bad gut infection in his late 30's so I think grains have affected him for a decades. Back then they always made him extremely sleepy. As he kept indulging sleepy became forgetful, and now almost comatose. High protein and grain free makes him so normal that people don't believe he has Alzheimer's.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals