Question About Fasting

Johhny Tazzle

Say someone has mostly saturated fats in the tissues, when glycogen runs out your body will release them into blood. I was reading that if the fats are unsaturated then the adrenaline and other hormones will stay high, but if your fats are saturated then adrenaline and other stress hormones will be reduced. So would this be a reason why if your fats are saturated you wouldnt really feel bad when you havent eaten for like 12 hours or more? And what is happening after those saturated fatty acids are circulating in the blood? Your metabolism wont be as high but are they not doing any harm to the body? I hope this makes sense, have seen dramatic differemce in well being by waiting until im hungry to eat but sometimes it is like 12 hours between food, curious about this.

sladerunner69

Say someone has mostly saturated fats in the tissues, when glycogen runs out your body will release them into blood. I was reading that if the fats are unsaturated then the adrenaline and other hormones will stay high, but if your fats are saturated then adrenaline and other stress hormones will be reduced. So would this be a reason why if your fats are saturated you wouldnt really feel bad when you havent eaten for like 12 hours or more? And what is happening after those saturated fatty acids are circulating in the blood? Your metabolism wont be as high but are they not doing any harm to the body? I hope this makes sense, have seen dramatic differemce in well being by waiting until im hungry to eat but sometimes it is like 12 hours between food, curious about this.

You are correct that is fat stores are mostly saturated than this would be less damaging than releasing PUFS which oxidizes much more easily and causes much more inflammation. However, Peat has also described how fasting from carbs does long term damage to the metabolism, and actually consumes the thymus gland because ketosis is a wasting state whereas glycolisys is a generative state.