Question about alcohol

Milos

I come from a family that long in its tradition had habbit of drinking alcohol. We always ate lots of meat, starch and fruits. Ocasionally if available nuts seeds grains, legumes etc. Never cooked on anything else then animal fats. But really nothing, and i mean none of it gives me the pleasure, desire and a sence of chill like alcohol. U can just tell by our faces that its helping us finish the day on high heels and feel really really good. I literally see colors better the next morning when i wake up. Im really curious, everyone is avoiding alcohol and for me personally its a blood sugar stabilazor number one. It completely removes the dry and annoying taste of my lips and tongue when u want smt to eat. Can someone explain to me the mechanism behind this, please?
Im new and thank u for your time ?

Waynish

Montenegro eh? Haha... How much does it matter which alcohol? I find some way more medicinal than others. The closest description I've seen is in Chinese medicine. It causes the liver yang to abate for a while. But it also is highly processed by fermentation and if it is wine has absorbed a lot of sunlight.

OP
M

Milos

Mostly beer and wine. Im askin this q with intent to understand if i should indulge in further casual drinking w/o consequences since lots of people say its bad and super toxic and some say that it actually makes them feel good if they can control the amounts ?. Its good to know that fermentation increases nutrients

ReSTART

what type of alcohol? all alcohol is bad obviously but there some good things in certain alcohols

beer is particularly bad due to all the hops (phytoestrogen) and apple cider high pectin

Waynish

Mostly beer and wine. Im askin this q with intent to understand if i should indulge in further casual drinking w/o consequences since lots of people say its bad and super toxic and some say that it actually makes them feel good if they can control the amounts ?. Its good to know that fermentation increases nutrients
I'm not saying in increases nutrients, but it can increase availability. Fermentation is like processing. Alcohol is "saturated" in the peatarian terms. Doing a lot of work on your liver is advised if you like alcohol a lot. Making sure you have enough thyroid as well. Also make sure you get enough sun. I would stay away from beer.

OP
M

Milos

Thanks for your input. Will limit alcohol at 2x 0.25ml per night. Before that i make sure my nutrition is met and a proper workout is in place. Works really well so far. Will follow up simptoms if they change.

OccamzRazer

IMO natural wine might be healthy.

Check out Todd White from Dry Farms Wines. He claims to drink a bottle of wine a day and looks pretty dang healthy to me given his age.

ThinPicking

But really nothing, and i mean none of it gives me the pleasure, desire and a sence of chill like alcohol. U can just tell by our faces that its helping us finish the day on high heels and feel really really good. I literally see colors better the next morning when i wake up. Im really curious, everyone is avoiding alcohol and for me personally its a blood sugar stabilazor number one. It completely removes the dry and annoying taste of my lips and tongue when u want smt to eat.
There's a lot going on here. The part where you mention improvement in colour visual acuity the next morning is one of many therapeutic effects some people experience during the physiological rebound from acute alcohol intoxication. See r/hangovereffect for other reports.

You could interpret the benefits you're getting as an indication you may have a problem with volume regulation. Then you could find a more sustainable way to replicate them.

Alcohol stimulation of renin release in man: its relation to the hemodynamic, electrolyte, and sympatho-adrenal responses to drinking

Renin-aldosterone axis in ethanol intoxication during sodium and fluid repletion versus depletion

A Relationship between the aldosterone - mineralocorticoid receptor pathway and alcohol drinking: preliminary translational findings across rats, monkeys and humans

Regulation of alcohol consumption by the renin-angiotensin system: A review of recent findings and a possible mechanism of action

OP
M

Milos

Oh so, it could be that, if my blood pressure is slightly higher in evening due to maybe overconsumtion of energy troughout day, that, alcohol helps to bring the symphatetic nervous system down a little bit by clearing out the excess sodium etc trough urine, leading directly to the cause of " relaxes and gratefull" feeling that usually leads to quick and deep sleep. Interesting and so much to unpack really.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom