Quali-C Vitamin C Has Virtually No Heavy Metals

I got the CoA for a few batches from the manufacturer. I don't have permission to post the whole thing but this is very reassuring. This is the brand made in the UK.

https://gmofreevitamins.com

upload_2019-1-24_16-39-48.png

Last edited:

InChristAlone

From the image it doesn't show what the result is. It said zero on all those? I find it hard to believe there would be zero lead in any Ascorbic acid.

InChristAlone

Oh ok I was confused because your title says virtually no heavy metals. So it's the same as China made then. The one I'm using also says less than 2 ppm for lead from China and somewhere around there for Mercury which actually is really bad if there is that much Mercury but we don't know because they don't give an exact number.

OP
ecstatichamster
Oh ok I was confused because your title says virtually no heavy metals. So it's the same as China made then. The one I'm using also says less than 2 ppm for lead from China and somewhere around there for Mercury which actually is really bad if there is that much Mercury but we don't know because they don't give an exact number.

I don't believe the China CoAs though.

yerrag

Still don't understand why Quali-C refuses to tout their Vitamin C as very low in lead. Maybe just saying low in lead would be seen as admitted there is lead and be seen negatively by the public. They couldn't say lead-free as it wouldn't be true either. Maybe for them keeping mum about it is the best policy. Say no evil, see no evil, right?

Is lead used as a catalyst in its manufacture? If so, why is it that gasoline can be made lead-free and vitamin C cannot?

yerrag

Health Ranger's Nutrition Rescue Non-GMO Buffered Vitamin C Powder (125 grams)

Low Heavy Metals Verified!

This product is verified A+++ according to the heavy metals standards published at www.LowHeavyMetalsVerified +++
This means the product has been tested via ICP-MS and confirmed to meet the limits for an A+++ rating as described at LowHeavyMetalsVerified.org.

It is high-priced vitamin C, but I'm glad it's out there. A+++ is where among other contaminants, lead is at .025 ppm, or 25 ppb.

This sells at $20/125 grams or $0.16/g.

Whereas this product, https://smile.amazon.com/Biofinest-Sodium-Ascorbate-Vitamin-Powder/dp/B07G43KQHC , sells at $0.05/g, which is a 200% premium over a product that lacks this certification.

Quali-C has its ascorbate powder (not sodium ascorbate) sold at $14/250 g, or at $.056/g as an ascorbic acid , which would be equivalent to $.05/g in sodium ascorbate terms. I just think that if Quali-C has an equivalent product but (I assume) refuses to let its branded distributors (such as Doctor's Best) advertise their product as low-lead, as I would assume, it really makes me wonder what their motivation is. Yet Labdoor tested its vitamin C capsules, and found lead to be at 6 ppb. But the test results don't necessarily guarantee all vitamin C from Doctor's Best will always have that quality.

It's overpriced though in the absence of any sellers offering such certification, it's a good opportunity for Mike Adams to make money identifying and serving this need.

yerrag

I think the best way for a group to order a large batch from Bulksupplements, which someone, was it @tankasnowgod or was it @Queequeg, who reported that Labdoor found its vitamin C to have the highest score, and it showed its lead to be at 5 ppb. Before ordering, we have to ask Bulksupplements to give a guarantee that it is low in lead, with a COA. Upon receipt, we can order an independent COA. After that, we distribute the vitamin C to the members of the group. This way, there is buying power to allow the dealer to accommodate our request, and we can split the cost of paying for the COA.

But this may be impractical for obvious reasons. It would be nice if a supplier here could see this as an opportunity, and carry well-spec'd ascorbic acid to forum members, at a price that makes it worth his while and at the same time saving us from having to pay it at such a high premium.

Makrosky

The good thing is that the values are already as ppm:

- Nutritional composition and vitamin C stability in stored camu-camu (Myrciaria dubia) pulp (cached version)

We'll have the same problem again Amazoniac. You have to find a good brand with a CoA and in this case not only a heavy metals CoA but one that explicitly states it is camu-camu and not other herb. For instance there are cases with Rhodiola Rosea where they sell you products with mixed rhodiola and other plants from the same family. And even some supplements there were no Rhodiola Rosea on them (I can post the paper if you are interested).

And then if the camu-camu is industrially grown in China, India or the like... you know how many chemicals will have in it...

I think it is easier to trust the CoA of a reputable US company like Quali-C or the ones achillea and yerrang posted.

Amazoniac

We'll have the same problem again Amazoniac. You have to find a good brand with a CoA and in this case not only a heavy metals CoA but one that explicitly states it is camu-camu and not other herb. For instance there are cases with Rhodiola Rosea where they sell you products with mixed rhodiola and other plants from the same family. And even some supplements there were no Rhodiola Rosea on them (I can post the paper if you are interested).

And then if the camu-camu is industrially grown in China, India or the like... you know how many chemicals will have in it...

I think it is easier to trust the CoA of a reputable US company like Quali-C or the ones achillea and yerrang posted.
Mak, it was out of curiosity for comparison, I wasn't suggesting supplementation of their powders.

Andrew Vajda

I got the CoA for a few batches from the manufacturer. I don't have permission to post the whole thing but this is very reassuring. This is the brand made in the UK.

https://gmofreevitamins.com

View attachment 11978
Thanks so much for the post ecstatic. I am the owner of GMO Free Vitamins and have been selling the highest grade of DSM's quali-C for the last 5 years. I was the second to put it on the market after being frustrated with the very high priced Vitamin C foundation. I was able to put it on the market at half their price. 45$/454g (1lb) compared to their 50$ for 225g. Doctor's best does sell the lower grade at 20$ for 250g but I can tell you that DSM confirmed to me that they are not buying from them. Many of the reviews question wether it's truly Quali-C or even 100% quali-C as it states "With Quali-C" on the label, and doesn't seem to dissolve completely in water... Combine that with the fact that Doctor's Best is now owned by the Chinese who have access to cheap local powder and I'll let you come to your own conclusions... I have been struggling to stay afloat and offer this price and actually am stuck right now not being able to resupply. My sales rep stopped replying to me after raising the price to a level I can't buy at. I put in a request for a higher up to sign me a several year deal and avoid shutting me down but we won't now for another week or two. Otherwise I only have about 3 months left of inventory and i'm shut down... happy to answer any of your questions! I have been a huge advocate of vitamin C since it changed my life in 2005. I then filmed interviews with the original pioneers of orthomolecular medicine (that were still alive then: Abram Hoffer MD, Vitamin C expert Robert Cathcart MD, star of food matters and chief editor of the orthomolecular journal Andrew Saul PhD and others. I've published the most important ones already on omarchives dot org. The transcripts and videos are all available free of charge. I highly recommend Robert Cathcart MD's vitamin C dosage protocol "Titrating to bowel tolerance" (link on the front page as "Vitamin C Dosage"). He explains how to take it for optimal effect while sick or healthy. The most important thing to know is that vitamin C only has a half life of 30 minutes in the body, so any one dose is mostly gone in 2 hours. The protocol explains to divide doses throughout the day, enough to feel well, but not enough to get gurgling in the gut nor soft stools. Changed my life completely!

Andrew Vajda

PS. The reason I asked not to post the whole COA is because I had sent one out in the past and found it weeks later being misrepresented online as the COA for a Chinese competitor. I'm fine with all the content being released here. Just didn't want to make it too easy for another company to find it and copy it...

Andrew Vajda

In what ways has it changed your life?
I used to suffer from severe allergies, asthma, and chronic fatigue, even though I had been taking 500mg/day for years. When I read Cathcart's protocol, I increased my doses to 5g the 1st day, 10g the 2nd day and then felt well at 20g the 3rd day. I tried to increase a bit more but right away the soft stools came. I took that for 7 years and it kept my allergies under control and the differences in my energy were night and day. I tried hitting the gym pre vitamin C a few times and always felt like I was going to die. When I am on the bowel tolerance doses, I have so much energy I have to workout regularly or I can't sleep. I hardly take any days off. I'll be 48 in a few months and am in the best shape of my life. Interestingly, when I was injured in an accident in 2010 and could hardly move around, I put on 30 lbs over a year. Then I started working on classifying and organizing the content of my transcripts of 54 hours of interviews, and read Dr. Hoffer's advice on people with allergies. In the heat of the moment when filming I hadn't caught it... He advised a 2 week exclusion diet for lactose. I tried it and by the 3rd day had to cut my vitamin C dose from 20g a day to 10g a day (5-10g is normal). Plus I started breathing through my nose for the first time in my life! Doctors had taken x-rays of my skull and didn't know what was going on. Turned out to be a result of my body struggling against a food intolerance. Without any activity and eating and drinking the same (besides the lactose free) I lost the 30lbs over 6 months. Now I recommend people who need huge maintenance doses of vitamin C investigate whether or not they may have food or other allergies causing the need for such a high dose. Since starting 10K IU daily of D3 and also taking a bunch of other things, I'm down to 5g a day now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals