Qst regarding stress response

juanitacarlos

This morning, after coming home from work (worked 10pm - 6am), I had a bit of an episode in which I seemed to have an acute stress response. I was extremely tired, and went straight to bed. I did not fall asleep, and about 30 mins later, I had an intense need to pee, which I did. It was absolutely clear and there was lots of it. I went back to bed, and about 10 mins later, I had to pee again and it was really clear. My feet and hands were freezing, which never happen. I pee'd for a third time. I did not feel great and could not sleep.

So I take it my 'sugars crashed'? I ended up shoving some toast with butter and vegemite (lots of salt in v'mite) in my gob, along with a large glass of orange juice w. sugar. About 20 mins later my feet started to warm up and I eventually went to sleep. I could feel my feet and hands warming up as I went to sleep.

Did this occur because my body could not meet the energy requirements it needed during the stress it was placed under i.e. not sleeping during the night? Is this the adrenaline response (I say that because of the cold hands and feet)? I'm really surprised that my sugars dropped because throughout the night I drank about 1/2 litre of OJ, a can of Coke, about 1/2 litre of coffee w. milk and sugar, some grapes and a small amout of cheese. I also took some thyroid. I thought the food quantity was quite excessive - more than usual - but it still was not enough.

Does anyone have any ideas what this episode indicates about my current state? Or is this just what you get when you undertake stressful activities like not sleeping?

key

Sounds like adrenaline response. Shining the heat lamp on your abdomen while you lay in bed when you get home might help; helps a lot for me when I feel like that.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

key said:
Sounds like adrenaline response. Shining the heat lamp on your abdomen while you lay in bed when you get home might help; helps a lot for me when I feel like that.

Thanks key. That sounds really nice! Bit too hot at the moment for me though.

key

Yea no good when it is hot. You could try breathing into a paper bag when you get adrenaline response(increased heart rate, etc). Probably you just needed to eat a bit before going to sleep.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

key said:
Yea no good when it is hot. You could try breathing into a paper bag when you get adrenaline response(increased heart rate, etc). Probably you just needed to eat a bit before going to sleep.

Thanks key - I had not thought of trying the bag breathing.