Q&A with Peat/interview

Raypmom

“When you start looking for ulterior motives, you might conclude that your physician is greedy, that your chemistry professor has a contract with the rubber company that makes ice cream, and that food producers are so pleased with their profits that they don’t care about the increasing numbers of deformed and mentally retarded babies, or the increasing rate of cancer and diabetes. If you do this, then you are probably involved in a demystification of the world. Eating good food can alter your consciousness; so can thinking about how we’re going to get it.” Dr. Ray Peat

If ignorance is bliss, how does a person unravel it all without becoming overwhelmed? How does a person balance peace of mind with increased awareness?

Having your own mind, a critical and constructive ability, makes you aware of possibilities and threats. The “go along to get along” attitude represents a denial of your mentality. Recognizing the reasons for the evils and obstacles is an intrinsic part of moving toward your goals. Without a realistic view of where you are, you can’t expect to go anywhere.

Very interesting to read! Will add link later.
Update link http://www.visionandacceptance.com/cate ... interview/

Peatri Dish

Yes. I read this and was at first deflated that Peat didn't seem to want to play "conspiracy theory " one of my favorite mind games. Then I thought of Edmund Burke: " the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Surely, many good men are doing nothing. A handful of greedy people are shaping public opinion. Sometimes the "thinking of where we are going to get good food" game - which is a little more productive - is exhausting...

Thank you, I was looking for this!

treelady

We "vote" with our dollars.

johns74

treelady said:
We "vote" with our dollars.

Not really, tons of things are financed with public money, where you don't have a say whether you can stop funding it, like you can stop funding, say, Target or McDonald's.

OP
R

Raypmom

OP
R

Raypmom

Peatri Dish said:
Yes. I read this and was at first deflated that Peat didn't seem to want to play "conspiracy theory " one of my favorite mind games. Then I thought of Edmund Burke: " the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Surely, many good men are doing nothing. A handful of greedy people are shaping public opinion. Sometimes the "thinking of where we are going to get good food" game - which is a little more productive - is exhausting...

I find it draining, I have been pushing myself to get more creative and to listen to my mind. I try not worry about where I'm going to get good food. It literally makes me sick. It hurts my brain :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals