Yody

Tried 10 drops this morning (25 drops/serving, topically on delt, neck, and pelvic-abdomen) 15 minutes before breakfast: 2 cups bone broth, 16.9oz coconut water, 60g of dates, and a Chomps turkey stick. (Also dosed 13 drops orally of Energin and 25 drops of Cardenosine.)

Noticably deeper breathing ensued ~45 minutes after dosing, and a natural wave of relaxation coated the entire morning well into the afternoon, another user compared it to phenibut, which I can now attest to, it certainly feels very calm more so than just Energin or Cardenosine alone. I had done 19 months of keto which ended in June. Shortly after that small breakfast I had 6oz of scallops seared in coconut oil followed by 110g of dates -- took a 6 mile walk on the beach.

Macros will be 15%/27%/58% today; about to dose another 7-8 drops with a smoothie. I'm beyond excited to integrate Pyrucet into my regimen and undo some of the various damages that 19 months of keto caused.

lampofred

Is this safe? I was interested in pyruvate after reading Peat's latest newsletter, but might this ethyl version be a much more powerful oxidant, along the lines of iron, and lead to a harmful type of oxidation as opposed to the beneficial oxidation driven by T3, methylene blue, red light, etc.? Are there any studies looking at whether this accelerates lipofuscin formation? @haidut

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is this safe? I was interested in pyruvate after reading Peat's latest newsletter, but might this ethyl version be a much more powerful oxidant, along the lines of iron, and lead to a harmful type of oxidation as opposed to the beneficial oxidation driven by T3, methylene blue, red light, etc.? Are there any studies looking at whether this accelerates lipofuscin formation? @haidut
Ethyl pyruvate has been shown to be an anti-oxidant and have anti-inflammatory and organ protective effects.

Jessie

Seems safe from the studies Haidut and company have posted. Typical warming and well being effect you'd expect from a FAO inhibitor.

I use it sparingly,maybe once or twice a week. When supplemented infrequently while eating a high sugar diet it'll likely be protective.

lampofred

From OP: "EP also exerts anti-apoptotic effects, increases heme oxygenase-1 expression..." which pyruvate itself doesn't do.

RP wrote that heme oxygenase produces carbon monoxide and that its production is stimulated by estrogen and pituitary hormones like ACTH, prolactin, etc. which obviously are not good.

I am wondering if this product is similar to 5a-DHP, concerning which Dr. Peat said that although progesterone itself its very good, supplementing its derivative product might have unintended consequences. Similarly, although pyruvate itself is very good, supplementing a derivative might have unintended consequences.

I am not criticizing Idea Labs, I appreciate and use many of its other products, but I think some of these are more in the direction of performance-enhancement than health-promoting and so might be unsafe.

Last edited:

achillea

Here is some feedback. One was exposed to childhood second hand smoke and had a chronic cough as a result. During a move, the person had to work in the basement to clear debris and developed even more lung irritation that led to a more chronic productive cough. The person used nano silver in a nebulizer, much to the persons hesitancy. No real change. After about a week on 10 dr, per day, the persistent cough all but disappeared. No coughing with very little production.
Another person (female) had something that felt like an inflamed ovary or an ileocecal inflammation that may have been brought on by a colonoscopy "nick" as they "sampled" the tissue with nothing being discovered. Twelve years had passed but always a question why the routine snip and was anything damaged as a result. Low back pain recently developed that veered to the questionable side and quickly getting worse by the day. After only a day of 20 dr. 2X a day, (2 dr, mthylene blue 1X a day added) the pain was noticeably different and after about 2 weeks it has almost disappeared. Nightly methylene blue (rectal implant) 1 dr. in water applied with syringe along with vaginal implant (same amounts) along with far-infared light and ultrasound (sonicare toothbrush) externally applied to excite the cells as "Dr. Bill" describes on Lost Arts Radio who has worked up a protocol called Photosonx. His book is available but could glean "broad" hints out of it. I developed a "cookie" recipe that I eat on an empty stomach with coffee to ensure enough "sensitizer" as the book and podcast explains. Use of the SOQI Ceramic Heater called the Hot House during the night is used to bring the abdominal temperature up and bathe in the far infared light for about 8 hrs. and has produced even better results in only 3 nights. So far, this is making a difference and will keep posting if any other effects are noticed.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here is some feedback. One was exposed to childhood second hand smoke and had a chronic cough as a result. During a move, the person had to work in the basement to clear debris and developed even more lung irritation that led to a more chronic productive cough. The person used nano silver in a nebulizer, much to the persons hesitancy. No real change. After about a week on 10 dr, per day, the persistent cough all but disappeared. No coughing with very little production.
Another person (female) had something that felt like an inflamed ovary or an ileocecal inflammation that may have been brought on by a colonoscopy "nick" as they "sampled" the tissue with nothing being discovered. Twelve years had passed but always a question why the routine snip and was anything damaged as a result. Low back pain recently developed that veered to the questionable side and quickly getting worse by the day. After only a day of 20 dr. 2X a day, (2 dr, mthylene blue 1X a day added) the pain was noticeably different and after about 2 weeks it has almost disappeared. Nightly methylene blue (rectal implant) 1 dr. in water applied with syringe along with vaginal implant (same amounts) along with far-infared light and ultrasound (sonicare toothbrush) externally applied to excite the cells as "Dr. Bill" describes on Lost Arts Radio who has worked up a protocol called Photosonx. His book is available but could glean "broad" hints out of it. I developed a "cookie" recipe that I eat on an empty stomach with coffee to ensure enough "sensitizer" as the book and podcast explains. Use of the SOQI Ceramic Heater called the Hot House during the night is used to bring the abdominal temperature up and bathe in the far infared light for about 8 hrs. and has produced even better results in only 3 nights. So far, this is making a difference and will keep posting if any other effects are noticed.

Excellent, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear it is helping and please keep us posted.

Katty

If someone is intolerant or sensitive to acetic acid, is it likely they will have a problem using this product?

Max23

If someone is intolerant or sensitive to acetic acid, is it likely they will have a problem using this product?
I think it could be so. At least in my case it is so. I have problems with other organic acids as well.

Max23

Thanks, Max23. Anything you do help your problem with acids?
Not really. Just avoiding them. Betaine had some minor benefits. Baking soda water sometimes has benefits (but sores the tongue). Low vitamin A diet was beneficial to alleviate the effects of acidic foods. Making the skin, connective tissue stronger, would also be a good idea, but that one is more complicated to do.

tankasnowgod

I've been using Pyrucet off and on for the past few months, and this supplement has fast become one of my favorites.

Initially, I was using just a drop or two, based on @Nemo's experience. The effect was very subtle, but was a little increase in mood and energy when using. I also thought it had a pretty pleasant smell.

I've recently been trying the full dose (split into a half dose in the morning, and another half dose at lunch). I'm noticing the effects of energy and mood build over time. It's been a little over a week, but the effects seem to build as time goes on. Sleep is certainly better. I've also noticed random bouts of energy or strength that seem to come a bit out of nowhere. Breathing also seems improved. Hard to pin everything on this supplement, as I made some other changes at the same time.

As @Hans suggested in one of his articles, I plan on doing this for at least a month or two. I got some mildronate too, interested to see how these compare, and maybe even stack together. Also interested in how this compares to the new FAO.

dukesbobby777

Anyone know why he’s releasing a new FAO inhibitor if he’s already got this one? Presuming the new one is better, it would make this one a bit obsolete? It would be like the ritanserin and metergoline situation where the former gets retired from list.

Mito

Anyone know why he’s releasing a new FAO inhibitor if he’s already got this one? Presuming the new one is better, it would make this one a bit obsolete? It would be like the ritanserin and metergoline situation where the former gets retired from list.
Someone talked about the proposed new FAO inhibitor having a much longer half life than Pyrucet.

Dave Clark

Still trying to understand the balance of GSH. It was mentioned in one post how it is necessary for removal of toxins, etc., yet too much would not be good especially for cancer cells. Everything I have read says that GSH goes down with age, so if excess GSH is not good, how do we know if we have enough or have excess? Seems like a guess to me. Are we all assuming we have excess GSH, yet studies show otherwise with age? If we have cancer, using something to drive down GAH makes sense, but if you don't, it seems like then you are diminishing a good detoxing enzyme. If someone can explain to me why we want no GSH (assuming we have no cancer), or why we would want to drive down our levels when we have no idea what are levels are, that would be great. thanks in advance.

Murtaza

I've been using Pyrucet off and on for the past few months, and this supplement has fast become one of my favorites.

Initially, I was using just a drop or two, based on @Nemo's experience. The effect was very subtle, but was a little increase in mood and energy when using. I also thought it had a pretty pleasant smell.

I've recently been trying the full dose (split into a half dose in the morning, and another half dose at lunch). I'm noticing the effects of energy and mood build over time. It's been a little over a week, but the effects seem to build as time goes on. Sleep is certainly better. I've also noticed random bouts of energy or strength that seem to come a bit out of nowhere. Breathing also seems improved. Hard to pin everything on this supplement, as I made some other changes at the same time.

As @Hans suggested in one of his articles, I plan on doing this for at least a month or two. I got some mildronate too, interested to see how these compare, and maybe even stack together. Also interested in how this compares to the new FAO.
let us know how this compares to mildronate please

Mito

Glucometabolic consequences of acute and prolonged inhibition of fatty acid oxidation​

Abstract
Excessive circulating FAs have been proposed to promote insulin resistance (IR) of glucose metabolism by increasing the oxidation of FAs over glucose. Therefore, inhibition of FA oxidation (FAOX) has been suggested to ameliorate IR. However, prolonged inhibition of FAOX would presumably cause lipid accumulation and thereby promote lipotoxicity. To understand the glycemic consequences of acute and prolonged FAOX inhibition, we treated mice with the carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT-1) inhibitor, etomoxir (eto), in combination with short-term 45% high fat diet feeding to increase FA availability. Eto acutely increased glucose oxidation and peripheral glucose disposal, and lowered circulating glucose, but this was associated with increased circulating FAs and triacylglycerol accumulation in the liver and heart within hours. Several days of FAOX inhibition by daily eto administration induced hepatic steatosis and glucose intolerance, specific to CPT-1 inhibition by eto. Lower whole-body insulin sensitivity was accompanied by reduction in brown adipose tissue (BAT) uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) protein content, diminished BAT glucose clearance, and increased hepatic glucose production. Collectively, these data suggest that pharmacological inhibition of FAOX is not a viable strategy to treat IR, and that sufficient rates of FAOX are required for maintaining liver and BAT metabolic function.

tankasnowgod

To understand the glycemic consequences of acute and prolonged FAOX inhibition, we treated mice with the carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT-1) inhibitor, etomoxir (eto), in combination with short-term 45% high fat diet feeding to increase FA availability.

I mean, seems pretty logical that if you are going to inhibit FAO, you wouldn't want to eat a high fat diet. Something closer to 20% (or less) would probably be better. Why didn't they also have a lower fat/higher carb group in that study?

Also, they just "suggest" that higher FFA would be the result of longer term FAO inhibition. Is there any longer term data to suggest this is the case?

Mito

Why didn't they also have a lower fat/higher carb group in that study?
"Mice were maintained on a moderate LC-HFD for 6 days prior to eto injection. This was chosen with the aim to increase circulating FA availability without inducing confounding obesity and to replicate the protocol in a recent study investigating glucose tolerance in mice following several days of eto treatment (8)."

"Six days before all experiments, and also during the prolonged experiments (except for the experiment in Fig. 2), mice had ad libitum access to a moderate HFD. The diet comprised 45 kcal% fat (lard and soy bean oil) with 35 and 20 kcal% carbohydrate and protein, respectively (D01060502G; Research Diets) (also see Table 1). Because the fat in this diet predominantly consists of LCFAs, we hereafter refer to this diet as LC-HFD. In addition to this LC-HFD, we also used an additional HFD in some prolonged experiments. In this diet, the 45 kcal% fat was solely comprised of medium-chain triacylglycerol (TG) oil (caprylic and capric TG at 60% and 40%, respectively) (D18010905; Research Diets) (Table 1). The MCFA-based diet was designed to have the same energy density (kilocalories per gram) and to be isocaloric with the LC-HFD (Table 1). We hereafter refer to this diet as MC-HFD."

1611928304490.png