Nokoni

it sounds crazy but may make sense
True, the logic may be sound but I'm always suspicious of autoimmune explanations. MS is more likely an energy/vitamin deficiency and rheumatoid arthritis is more likely a boron deficiency. The other issue is that most drugs have many effects that are completely unsuspected. Like SSRI's that actually help with depression turn out to have beneficial inhibition of certain serotonin receptors. That may turn out to be the case with rituximab also. Maybe it does actually help but through some as yet unknown mechanism of action. My joke was more about the seeming fact that the first impulse of the medical establishment is to poison, burn, or cut off some apparently evil tissue. Not saying it's wrong, but even if the theory is correct that something turned the cells away from glucose oxidation, down-regulating beta-oxidation with pyrucet is probably safer.

johnwester130

True, the logic may be sound but I'm always suspicious of autoimmune explanations. MS is more likely an energy/vitamin deficiency and rheumatoid arthritis is more likely a boron deficiency. The other issue is that most drugs have many effects that are completely unsuspected. Like SSRI's that actually help with depression turn out to have beneficial inhibition of certain serotonin receptors. That may turn out to be the case with rituximab also. Maybe it does actually help but through some as yet unknown mechanism of action. My joke was more about the seeming fact that the first impulse of the medical establishment is to poison, burn, or cut off some apparently evil tissue. Not saying it's wrong, but even if the theory is correct that something turned the cells away from glucose oxidation, down-regulating beta-oxidation with pyrucet is probably safer.

CFS could be a morgellons/vaccine/conspiracy related illness too

SB4

But this would have to be confirmed by a large-scale test, the results of which will not be available until next year.
I'm pretty sure the phase 3 results have been out for a couple years now and it was not much different than control unfortunately. There is some speculation of why this could be but the results for CFS with Rituximab where disappointing.

I think there is a decent probability that PDH is being inhibited somehow in CFS thanks to my own symptoms. Soon after eating carbs my symptoms (particulary heart pounds) and also lactic acid build up from minimal exertion, increase. This is somewhat mitigated by MCT oil with carbs suggesting that the MCTs are used alongside carbs (as opposed to LCT) to aleviate some of the enery deficit caused by PDH inhibition. If that is actually happening of course.

I didn't notice much in regards to symptoms improvement from Pyrucet though.

johnwester130

I'm pretty sure the phase 3 results have been out for a couple years now and it was not much different than control unfortunately. There is some speculation of why this could be but the results for CFS with Rituximab where disappointing.

I think there is a decent probability that PDH is being inhibited somehow in CFS thanks to my own symptoms. Soon after eating carbs my symptoms (particulary heart pounds) and also lactic acid build up from minimal exertion, increase. This is somewhat mitigated by MCT oil with carbs suggesting that the MCTs are used alongside carbs (as opposed to LCT) to aleviate some of the enery deficit caused by PDH inhibition. If that is actually happening of course.

I didn't notice much in regards to symptoms improvement from Pyrucet though.

Fuel Shortage: Norwegian Study Expands on Energy Problem in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - Health Rising

have you tried a acetyl-coa supplement by swanson ?

or mildronate ? this seems far stronger and effective.

Yes, peat wrote specifically about mildronate and coconut oil in his article and how it is digested.
Coconut Oil

SB4

Fuel Shortage: Norwegian Study Expands on Energy Problem in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - Health Rising

have you tried a acetyl-coa supplement by swanson ?

or mildronate ? this seems far stronger and effective.

Yes, peat wrote specifically about mildronate and coconut oil in his article and how it is digested.
Coconut Oil
Hey, John. I haven't tried that supp, have you? I just gave it a look and it is only the precursors to acetylCoa and its low dose, I think you would be needing to take grams of A coA equivalent to have noticeable effect.

You tried mildronate? I just looked it up and it seems its mechanimsm of action is through inhibiting fat transport to mito, forcing glucose use, and also increasing vasodialation. Whilst forcing glucose use could overcome the PDH problems I tend to think that it will make me even worse by stopping any energy from fat and significantly increasing lactic acid. There is also the vasodialation which is probably going to upset my POTS and blood pooling.
If I hear any good reviews for it with CFS symptoms I might be tempted though.

johnwester130

Hey, John. I haven't tried that supp, have you? I just gave it a look and it is only the precursors to acetylCoa and its low dose, I think you would be needing to take grams of A coA equivalent to have noticeable effect.

You tried mildronate? I just looked it up and it seems its mechanimsm of action is through inhibiting fat transport to mito, forcing glucose use, and also increasing vasodialation. Whilst forcing glucose use could overcome the PDH problems I tend to think that it will make me even worse by stopping any energy from fat and significantly increasing lactic acid. There is also the vasodialation which is probably going to upset my POTS and blood pooling.
If I hear any good reviews for it with CFS symptoms I might be tempted though.

there is a calcium pyruvate capsule at 1000mg

mildronate looks interesting to experiment with, i don't know if it will cure cfs

SB4

@johnwester130 The thing with the calcium pyruvate is that if PDH is inhibited, wouldn't providing more pyruvate just end up being converted to lactate? Although it isn't as bad, you still run into the problem of not being able to consume much pyruvate that way. It seems to be a 5:1 ratio of pyruvate grams to calcium. 1g of Ca = 5g of Pyruvate, plus it would be very expensive.

Having said that, Ron Davis did find it brought his nano needle experiment back into normal range. Perhaps exogenous pyruvate could work some other way.

johnwester130

@johnwester130 The thing with the calcium pyruvate is that if PDH is inhibited, wouldn't providing more pyruvate just end up being converted to lactate? Although it isn't as bad, you still run into the problem of not being able to consume much pyruvate that way. It seems to be a 5:1 ratio of pyruvate grams to calcium. 1g of Ca = 5g of Pyruvate, plus it would be very expensive.

Having said that, Ron Davis did find it brought his nano needle experiment back into normal range. Perhaps exogenous pyruvate could work some other way.

Does mildronate work on the "pyruvate system " ?

User reviews say it reduces all muscle pain, and soldiers and athletes use it. I really think it can work. Anecdotally it reduces lactic acid too.

Last edited:

SB4

Does mildronate work on the "pyruvate system " ?

User reviews say it reduces all muscle pain, and soldiers and athletes use it. I really think it can work. Anecdotally it reduces lactic acid too.
If you try it I would be very interested in the results. Looking at wikipedia it appears the mechanism of action is inhibiting fat transport into the cell. My fear here is that this will cause a bigger energy deficit and more lactic acid as I do best with fats and worse with carbs. But it could force PDH activation or do something else that helps glucose be oxidised by mito.

johnwester130

If you try it I would be very interested in the results. Looking at wikipedia it appears the mechanism of action is inhibiting fat transport into the cell. My fear here is that this will cause a bigger energy deficit and more lactic acid as I do best with fats and worse with carbs. But it could force PDH activation or do something else that helps glucose be oxidised by mito.

after reading this, i am convinced of it.

Maria Sharapova Tested Positive For A Drug Ray Peat Talked About

here is how it works

johnwester130

If you give it a go then keep me posted on what happens to you symptoms wise. If you get good results I might give it a shot. Do you have noticable trouble with carbs?

personally, no, I handle carbs well.

milkboi

I will try Mildronate too in the next months. Why would it stimulate NO tho? I would have thought it would rather stimulate CO2 production due to increased (full) oxidation of sugar, therefore making NO superfluous.

johnwester130

I will try Mildronate too in the next months. Why would it stimulate NO tho? I would have thought it would rather stimulate CO2 production due to increased (full) oxidation of sugar, therefore making NO superfluous.

I don't know. Peat speaks highly of it, I doubt he would reccomend something that increase NO

johnwester130

If you give it a go then keep me posted on what happens to you symptoms wise. If you get good results I might give it a shot. Do you have noticable trouble with carbs?

I have noticed mid day sleepiness is gone - a problem i had for 8 years.

Still aching muscles though

Fon

Actually cancer patients have too much intracellular GSH, especially inside the tumor. It does have a role in helping get rid of carcinogens like acetaldehyde, but once a tumor forms GSH is rather harmful.
Glutathione metabolism in cancer progression and treatment resistance
"...Glutathione (GSH) is the most abundant antioxidant found in living organisms and has multiple functions, most of which maintain cellular redox homeostasis. GSH preserves sufficient levels of cysteine and detoxifies xenobiotics while also conferring therapeutic resistance to cancer cells. However, GSH metabolism plays both beneficial and pathogenic roles in a variety of malignancies. It is crucial to the removal and detoxification of carcinogens, and alterations in this pathway can have a profound effect on cell survival. Excess GSH promotes tumor progression, where elevated levels correlate with increased metastasis. In this review, we discuss recent studies that focus on deciphering the role of GSH in tumor initiation and progression as well as mechanisms underlying how GSH imparts treatment resistance to growing cancers. Targeting GSH synthesis/utilization therefore represents a potential means of rendering tumor cells more susceptible to different treatment options such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy."
You're blowing my mind, Haidut. I have been taking N.AC. for quite a while, and not more than an hour ago, I just ordered some liposomal glutathione. Now u are telling me that this stuff is bad for you? That it is doing damage to my body? Can anyone please explain? I dont get it.

Fon

You're blowing my mind, Haidut. I have been taking N.AC. for quite a while, and not more than an hour ago, I just ordered some liposomal glutathione. Now u are telling me that this stuff is bad for you? That it is doing damage to my body? Can anyone please explain? I dont get it.
In layman's terms