Cirion

The impression I have is that it is nearly impossible to actually lose fat while your cells are mostly using fat as fuel, ironically.

Yes, that's how I decided to eat very low fat. Plus I found from tracking temps/pulses that nothing maintains my metabolic rate better than carbs anyway. For a while I was eating zero fat but now I have started adding one or two tablespoons of coconut oil a day inspired by Ray Peat's quote where he lost 10 lbs by changing nothing in his diet or lifestyle except adding 2 tbsp. of coconut oil a day but other than that nothing. So no more than 20-30 gram fat a day typically sometimes less.

What is Glucuronidation? I'm not familiar with this process. Is it another way to remove body fat other than burning it? I thought the only other way to remove body fat besides burning it was a long waiting game essentially (the half life of body fat being 600 days).

Nokoni

Yes, that's how I decided to eat very low fat. Plus I found from tracking temps/pulses that nothing maintains my metabolic rate better than carbs anyway. For a while I was eating zero fat but now I have started adding one or two tablespoons of coconut oil a day inspired by Ray Peat's quote where he lost 10 lbs by changing nothing in his diet or lifestyle except adding 2 tbsp. of coconut oil a day but other than that nothing. So no more than 20-30 gram fat a day typically sometimes less.

What is Glucuronidation? I'm not familiar with this process. Is it another way to remove body fat other than burning it? I thought the only other way to remove body fat besides burning it was a long waiting game essentially (the half life of body fat being 600 days).
Again I'm out of my depth, but I think glucuronidation is the process, mostly in the liver if I remember right, of making the fat water soluble so you urinate it away. And apparently you can't burn away the fat at all – it will come back more afterwards, and make you sicker besides. Haidut has a thread on it somewhere.

Cirion

Again I'm out of my depth, but I think glucuronidation is the process, mostly in the liver if I remember right, of making the fat water soluble so you urinate it away. And apparently you can't burn away the fat at all – it will come back more afterwards, and make you sicker besides. Haidut has a thread on it somewhere.

That makes sense. You see that in chronic dieters, the fat always comes back with a vengeance after caloric restriction stops. I find some value in protein/fat limitation personally, but I always have a large amount of carbs. I see zero value in restricting carbs ever. It just makes FAO go up like mad and like you said, not helpful.

Here's Haidut's thread on how burning fat doesn't work.
Increased Fat Oxidation (FAO) Does Not Lead To Weight / Fat Loss

Interesting thread thank you. I learn something new every day. The more I learn and connect the dots, the more things start to finally make sense.

With that, it sounds like it is time to buy me some pyrucet... Lol... and time to maybe try aspirin again...

It is quite incredible how heavily ingrained the idea of using FAO to burn body fat is. I daresay 99% of people use this method, if not more. If you dare to go against this idea, people look at you crazy lol. Heck even most people on these forums still believe in using FAO/caloric deficits to burn body fat...

Last edited:

Cirion

Yep, and I would also add good liver function to that. Many people believe that the only way fat can be lost is through metabolism/oxidation. Not so, a significant amount can be glucuronidated by liver and excreted with urine. The better the liver function the more glucuronidation of FFA it can perform. And also carb supply matters as glucuronic acid is synthesized from glucose.

Gold quote right here.

This verifies my suspicions that the liver is virtually the most important organ when it comes to weight management and overall health/well-being...

Nokoni

It is quite incredible how heavily ingrained the idea of using FAO to burn body fat is. I daresay 99% of people use this method, if not more. If you dare to go against this idea, people look at you crazy lol.
Amen. Absolutely nobody IRL believes it. And I think you'll like the pyrucet. I take 10 drops off a spoon daily, but make sure you have a drink handy. If you forget the drink and just swallow it, you'll regret it :wtf:.

Cirion

Amen. Absolutely nobody IRL believes it. And I think you'll like the pyrucet. I take 10 drops off a spoon daily, but make sure you have a drink handy. If you forget the drink and just swallow it, you'll regret it :wtf:.

Lol, thanks for the warning. I will keep that in mind.

Momado965

Sorry I don't know, but I think hypogonadism related to steroid use is mostly caused by suppression of production of endogenous steroids.

Would be cool if this supression is reversable via pansterone on testes or stressnon and b3 along with t3 adequate protein, CO, enough sugar.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nice I will try both 50mg T base alone then try your keto p4 50mg : 10mg dhea. I got 3.5 fullsome bottles of p4 orderd months ago! Did you use dsmo in your fat/ethanol formulation for T base? Also I bought testosterone base with this listed: 4-Androsten-17β-ol-3-one :17beta-Hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one. Is this testosterone base?

Yes, that steroid should be base/unesterified T. My comment is not meant to encourage people to use T. I simply made it as a comparison. So, if you d try anything I'd try the P4+DHEA combo.

Hi am currently homeless and fairly Cold sensitive. Wondering if anyone can send me some pyrucet or cynoplus or anything that would help w boosting metabolism so I could handle living outside easier. Thanks . Would be a huge kindness

Markus

using oxidal, cardenosine, energin,

would there be any point to usingthis ?

I personally get a very different effect from this compared to the others that you mentioned. Specifically, it really increases my sense of perception and widens my field of vision.

Nokoni

would this be helpful for chronic fatigue syndrome ?

Metabolic switch may bring on chronic fatigue syndrome
Interesting article. For causation they may be on to something:

"But several lines of investigation are now suggesting that the profound and painful lack of energy seen in the condition could in many cases be due to people losing their ability to burn carbohydrate sugars in the normal way to generate cellular energy.

"Instead, the cells of people with CFS stop making as much energy from sugar as usual, and start relying more on lower-yielding fuels, such as amino acids and fats. This kind of metabolic switch produces lactate, which can cause pain when it accumulates in muscles."

But the solution is hilarious:

"The team is now conducting a large trial in Norway of the cancer drug rituximab, which destroys the cells that make antibodies, in people with CFS."

Let's destroy some cells. That ought'a work. But kidding aside, if CFS is caused by the metabolic switch they think it does (which sounds reasonable), then Pyrucet might be very helpful.

Scenes

Been experimenting with Pyrucet 5-10 drops in the morning alongside an increased carb diet.

Pros
Increased appetite for first few days
Deep sleep

Cons
Huge eye bags under eyes
Hair looks thinner
Oily skin on face
Increased redness in face and irritated bloodshot eyes (at times).

I thought reducing oxidation of fats and increasing carbs would only lead to positives. Can anyone help explain what might be going on for me here?

johnwester130

as an experiment for male pattern baldness, would this work ?

I had limited results with topical caffeine/aspirin

would it tell the hair follicle to burn sugar instead of fat ? or am i talking nonsense

Last edited:

Anders86

Been experimenting with Pyrucet 5-10 drops in the morning alongside an increased carb diet.

Pros
Increased appetite for first few days
Deep sleep

Cons
Huge eye bags under eyes
Hair looks thinner
Oily skin on face
Increased redness in face and irritated bloodshot eyes (at times).

I thought reducing oxidation of fats and increasing carbs would only lead to positives. Can anyone help explain what might be going on for me here?

PUFA release? Maybe add some coconut oil?

Anders86

If I may ask do you have always good results with pyrucet @Anders86 ? Do you take it topically?

I take 5-10 drops occasionally with juice and I usually feel calm and relaxed. Low stress and less breathing. But I often have Aspirin, Niacinamide or Energin also.

If I have a very low diet I can easily fall into stress if I don`t have enough energy. I`m guessing Pufa releases and a lack of SFA or Vitamin E to neutralize. So by incorporating Coconut Oil I will have a defense for potential stresses and extra fuel. I like 10g of coconut oil every 4 hour. DeFibron also works.

johnwester130

Interesting article. For causation they may be on to something:

"But several lines of investigation are now suggesting that the profound and painful lack of energy seen in the condition could in many cases be due to people losing their ability to burn carbohydrate sugars in the normal way to generate cellular energy.

"Instead, the cells of people with CFS stop making as much energy from sugar as usual, and start relying more on lower-yielding fuels, such as amino acids and fats. This kind of metabolic switch produces lactate, which can cause pain when it accumulates in muscles."

But the solution is hilarious:

"The team is now conducting a large trial in Norway of the cancer drug rituximab, which destroys the cells that make antibodies, in people with CFS."

Let's destroy some cells. That ought'a work. But kidding aside, if CFS is caused by the metabolic switch they think it does (which sounds reasonable), then Pyrucet might be very helpful.

it sounds crazy but may make sense

"Fluge and his colleagues base their hypothesis on the observation that CFS symptoms are first observed in most patients after a cold or similar mild infection. Therefore, they suspect that some of the antibodies produced by the immune system to fight the infection may miss their targets and block PDH instead. This assumption is substantiated by the observation that CFS patients seem to feel better when the antibody-forming B-cells (white blood cells) of their immune system are eliminated with the cancer drug rituximab. But this would have to be confirmed by a large-scale test, the results of which will not be available until next year. Fluge, however, is already certain: “CFS is a physiological effect, not a psychosomatic one”.

"Fluge therefore suspects that men take the energetically utilizable a-amino acids from the muscles rather than from the blood. In the blood of CFS patients of both sexes, however, abnormally high concentrations of enzymes inhibiting pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) activity were measured. PDH is the key enzyme for the introduction of carbohydrates into the citric acid cycle via acetyl coenzyme A. If the PDH is missing, pyruvate (pyruvate) produces lactic acid (lactate) instead of acetyl-CoA with some unpleasant side effects such as muscle aches."

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), a metabolic disorder?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals