Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Attachments

• gummy_bear.jpg
    gummy_bear.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 647

Dean

:lol:

I'm still trying to get the proportions right on the gummies. I need to try cherry juice instead of oj on those too. Sprinkled some sugar on my marshmallow mix and it was just like those Peeps at Easter. Gonna have to take the lid off and let them harden/stale up, as that's the way I roll on those.

PepsiGestures

I need an easier way of eating gelatin. Usually I do a 711 run, with pork rinds and gummy bears (sometimes hariboro, or whatever is toughest and without starch, or ascorbic acid, if it's causing me problems). Marshmallows from the store could be a problem, I don't know, and they don't have enough gelatin really.

Any ideas?

Dean

well, if you don't have the time and/or inclination to order gelatin powder and make your own jello, gummies, and marshmallows, it seems alot of people here just dump the hydrolized collagen from Great Lakes into whatever they are drinking. I don't think my digestion could handle that in any quantity and I'm pretty sure I've heard or read Peat caution against hydrolized proteins--but maybe gelatin/collagen is an exception...I'm not sure.

Maybe, you could just sprinkle the non-hydrolized gelatin into water and let it set/bloom for a few minutes and then dissolve it into coffee or another hot drink. I think I've read that consuming it gelled is easier to digest, but I'd think it would be worth a try rather than relying on store bought gummy bears and pork rinds.

jyb

It is perfectly possible to make your own gummy bears using non-hydro Great Lakes. This is useful if you are travelling. However, I think it takes a bit of space and time to chew to get large amounts of it, it's more efficient if you can to just make a fresh drink every time you need it and drink it in a few seconds.

jaakkima

Can anyone recommend the best sources to learn about pyroluria from? I may have it. Thanks

TeslaFan

Dean said:
Hmmm...I hope no one minds me picking up on this older thread, but I found this while searching to help me reconcile Dr. Peat's convincing arguments about the negative effects of excess serotonin, my own experience a few years back experimenting with an LSD-like psychedelic, and the diet of Dr. Peat himself.

I'm in my early 40's and have had depression and mood issues from early adulthood on. I have always struggled (despite what I believe is a decent level of innate intelligence) with consolidation of learning, concentration, what I would call a lack of mental or intellectual energy, and perhaps relatedly, learned helplessness--a term I was unfamiliar with until reading Dr. Peat's work. I also certainly have quite a few characteristics that would fall on the autism spectrum, though never diagnosed.

A couple years ago, I drank a traditional psychedelic plant medicine called ayahuasca six times or so over the course of a three week period while I was in the Amazon. Despite the actual periods of "intoxication" being quite miserable, the periods in between drinkings found me with the greatest sense of well-being of my life. I felt at peace with myself and the world and completely comfortable in my own skin for the first time. My mind was clear and alert, yet calm. My self-consciousness around people was greatly, greatly reduced and I was able to be a good listener and fully engaged in human interaction. People gravitated to me. This effect lasted (though constantly diminishing) for a month or more even after returning to the states.

Anyway, the plant compounds in the ayahuasca brew are both an MAOI and SRI. I'm not exactly sure how this translates, however, to the neurotransmitter activity. My thinking is that the amount and activity of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine would all be increased, perhaps with the serotonin kept somewhat in check? Can anyone more scientific-minded then I clear this up?

My concern I guess is if I follow a low tryptophan diet won't I also be decreasing (or atleast certainly not increasing) dopamine and norepinephrine...and is that really what I want/need? I was thinking along the lines of avoiding meat, getting just enough dairy to meet my calcium needs and then making up the rest of my protein demands in gelatin and potato juice. Perhaps that misses the point/mark?

After all, as much as Dr. Peat says and writes about the dangers/impacts of excess serotonin and his caveats about eating meat (coffee, gelatin), he still eats meat every day. I know he always recommends cuts like oxtail and shanks, but from what he's said he doesn't shy away from steak. We all know he's a heavy coffee drinker and can cover himself easily on the iron front, but I just wonder if he is (and can afford to be--in terms of convenience) as meticulous on the gelatin. That's alot of gelatin he recommends going along with a steak...

Or, maybe he doesn't have inherently low(er) levels of dopamine and/or norepinephrine and blocking that too with the gelatin isn't an issue for him. Perhaps for someone like me, muscle meat without (or without so much) gelatin makes more sense. Perhaps a serotonin antagonist of some sort is more in order.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it makes some sense. Anyone care to comment or set my thinking/confusion straight?

Vomiting / nausea comes from excess serotonin in your guts, which is caused by Banisteriopsis Caapi vine (natural MAO-A inhibitor) in ayahuasca brew; this is required for oral DMT because MAO-A enzyme will break DMT before it gets a chance to reach your brain. The good feeling after comes from DMT itself. You can experience DMT without nausea if you smoke it instead. It is also orders of magnitude more potent that way.

Waynish

Vomiting / nausea comes from excess serotonin in your guts, which is caused by Banisteriopsis Caapi vine (natural MAO-A inhibitor) in ayahuasca brew; this is required for oral DMT because MAO-A enzyme will break DMT before it gets a chance to reach your brain. The good feeling after comes from DMT itself. You can experience DMT without nausea if you smoke it instead. It is also orders of magnitude more potent that way.

Any more info on DMT metabolism? I find smoking it has pretty negative physical effects... Maybe that's only the synthetic form. Very powerful, but doesn't feel healthy like LSD, for example.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals