Pyroluria

Peata

I saw this mentioned on the RP FB pg and it got me researching. I have had many of the symptoms all my life. Maybe this has something to do with why I responded well to zinc, though it ended up not being a cure-all of course. But when I was taking B6, I saw many symptoms disappearing after a week or two. Then I started worrying about nerve damage so I dropped back my B6 and stopped completely, and the symptoms came back.

Anyone else have this or suspect it?

kiran

Well, B6 (as part of a b-complex) used to help me at one point. But now it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, so I've almost stopped it. Also, it has more than 10mg of B6/P5P which I believe RP discourages since it can increase serotonin production.

OP
Peata

Peata

For whatever reason I never saw a lot of improvement when I used B complex, but I still take a small amount of all the Bs to cover myself. When I was taking a higher dose of B6, I saw improvement but was only on that for about 3-1/2 weeks. I didn't know anything at the time about pyroluria, I was just using the B6 to lower prolactin, improve C02, hormone balance. I just ordered the P5P version so I can have less worry of nerve damage.

ratlike

Had a Question:

I have all the symptoms of pyroluria but do not have a b6 deficiency and when I did the zinc taste test it was bitter in my mouth 1 second after i drank it. I wanted to ask everyone if I should still get tested or there is no need since I am not deficient in either zinc or b6?

Thanks in advance.

Adeel

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals