Pyridoxine Hydrochloride But Not Pyridoxal Hydrochloride May Increase 5ar, 3a-HSD, And 17β-HSD

bloom

This in vitro study found that Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, increased 5ar, 3a HSD, and 17β-HSD, in the rat ventral prostate, anterior pituitary, basal hypothalamus and amygdala. Pyridoxal hydrochloride seemed to have an inhibitory effect on 5ar. This could be very promising for those of us with PFS, especially since 5ar seems to be impaired in the Brain/CNS.

Androgen hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases under the influence of pyridoxine derivatives. - PubMed - NCBI

The metabolism of testosterone in the rat ventral prostate, anterior pituitary, basal hypothalamus and amygdala was studied in vitro under the influence of vitamin B6 compounds.

Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly increased the activity of 5 alpha-R, 3 alpha- and 17 beta-HSD, but pyridoxal hydrochloride had an inhibitory influence on 5 alpha-R and showed no effect on 3 alpha-HSD activity at the prostate level.

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, but NOT Pyridoxal Hydrochloride may be worth trying.

Terma

(Hi I've reading this forum for years but this is first time I'm able to sign up. Every time I tried I got denied by the securi firewall, it's super strict. Today it worked)

bloom, I've enjoyed your posts on PFS thus far.

Will the supplement Pyritinol count toward Pyridoxine Hydrochloride? It's 2 molecules of pyridoxine bound together: Pyritinol - Wikipedia

I've always done terrible on P5P which is Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate.

OP
bloom

bloom

(Hi I've reading this forum for years but this is first time I'm able to sign up. Every time I tried I got denied by the securi firewall, it's super strict. Today it worked)

Will the supplement Pyritinol count toward Pyridoxine Hydrochloride? It's 2 molecules of pyridoxine bound together: Pyritinol - Wikipedia

Thanks man, well the study showed increased activity of those enzymes with Pydridoxine Hydrochloride so i'd stick to that just to be certain, it's cheap as aswell.

mujuro

That's amazing. Drug companies are unbelievable.

1) Take vitamin.
2) Join together with synthetic bridge.
3) Profit.

paymanz

Thanks,

Thats cheapest and most available type of b6 supplement,nice!

bdawg

What about this?

"When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained."

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid. - PubMed - NCBI

Also this:

Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat.

Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat. - PubMed - NCBI

Risingfire

Did the abstract or study identify how much Pyridoxine Hydrochloride the rat was taking? I don't see anything

OP
bloom

bloom

What about this?

"When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained."

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid. - PubMed - NCBI

Also this:

Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat.

Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat. - PubMed - NCBI

What about this?

Also this:

Interesting, well the study does say
When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone
suggesting that they're only effective at inhibiting 5ar when added at the same time, also suggesting they're ineffective when added individually. I also wonder what form of b6 was used. I took 12.5 of Pyridoxine Hydrochloride today does seem to of had an androgenic effect (more sweat, brain fog lift ect). A bit similar to when i take low doses of Glycine. Maybe just don't take them all at the same time.

Last edited:

Terma

That's amazing. Drug companies are unbelievable.

1) Take vitamin.
2) Join together with synthetic bridge.
3) Profit.
I know right lol. I asked because I already got it on hand. It hasn't changed my life but I only tried it sporadically, so maybe if daily use...

What's most odd is the doses are super high, from examine.com:
"A standard dosage of pyritinol used is 600mg taken in divided doses throughout the day with meals, usually 300mg taken with two meals of the day."
I'm scared of taking that much.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting maybe for @haidut since energin contains P5P

P5P is different from Pyridoxal Hcl so the study does not concern Energin. Btw, all B6 vitamers are glucocorticoid antagonists, so their effects is not going to be anti-androgenic, even the ones that seem to inhibit 5-AR.

japanesedude

What about this?

Also this:

I saw the study snows that when added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l (3 mnol/l = 54mg), zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity
so 10-30mg a day would be good to increase 5AR activity.

Thanks man, well the study showed increased activity of those enzymes with Pydridoxine Hydrochloride so i'd stick to that just to be certain, it's cheap as aswell.
Just started 500 milligrams of taurine mixed with 10 milligrams of pydridoxine hydrochloride which is 1 cap a day. I will report further but what I notice so far is a feeling of peace. This may be great especially for individuals who have taken 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

Just started 500 milligrams of taurine mixed with 10 milligrams of pydridoxine hydrochloride which is 1 cap a day. I will report further but what I notice so far is a feeling of peace. This may be great especially for individuals who have taken 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

So are you still feeling this effect?

BigChad

It caused some constipation so I stopped and threw it out.

That's probably the taurine not the b6. Several people have noted taurine causing constipation. Im unsure if its a temporary detox or liver cleaning effect? How long did you try it for.
Maybe it needs to be used longterm before it helps?

That's probably the taurine not the b6. Several people have noted taurine causing constipation. Im unsure if its a temporary detox or liver cleaning effect? How long did you try it for.
Maybe it needs to be used longterm before it helps?
Yeah in retrospect I should have kept it