Pycnogenol And Histamine (ibs-d)

Nick21

I'm starting to believe my ibs-d may arise partly from histamine release after eating. I recently started methionine in combo with stinging nettle and 10000 iu of DAO enzyme. It seems to be helpful in lowering headaches, but not with the ibs-d. Pepcid seems to firm up the BMs but does not take away the urge. I am considering examining pycnogenol, and Anyone have any experiences with it? I thought my lysine + pregnelone + bcaa experiment would yield fruit since I have the mao-a gene mutation, but it did not. I also thought it would work since wellbutrin and paxil both eliminated the ibs-d, although other symptoms remained or became worse.

Thanks.

I used pycnogenol daily for around 6 months. It did nothing to help my gut. It also took time to feel it doing anything, and when it kicked in after a few weeks of loading the feeling was on par with low dose aspirin, it also had some appetite suppressant effect. Looking back I regret using it for such a long run. I feel that it depleted me of something, I felt low energy after the period and it was the only new supplement I had introduced. I think the high polyphenol content likely acts as an anti-nutrient when used daily. It is also pro nitric oxide, which is not good. Some other botanicals I have used for gut issues which I prefer over pycnogenol are: xylitol, turpentine, feverfew, boswellia, olive leaf, activated charcoal, grapefruit seed extract, parsley.

raypeatclips

Do you know your vitamin D levels? Peat said to me I would probably notice I didn't need an antihistamine anymore (talking about hayfever) once I raised my vitamin D levels. If vitamin D helps control histamine fluctuations, it would be worth making effort with that.

OP
N

Nick21

Thanks for input. I tried a bit this evening and continued the general malaise I had. I got some charcoal, and will try it soon. What dose do you take? I had very low vit D, and supplement with it and it definetly lifts my mood, and otherwise I would be more challenging than I am now. I will continue with the methionine and maybe double my dAO enzyme intake to see if it helps. The next thing is to wait for the periactin coming in the mail.

I usually take charcoal around 1 tbsp in 12 ounces of water every Sunday. 1 teaspoon for maintenance at night away from meals and supplements is useful as well but I usually have other minerals etc I am taking that I don't want to dampen the effect of. It's safe to take as long as you are getting a lot of water with it, I have gone as high as 3 tablespoons in a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom