Pushback works in UK - drops plan to require vaccine passports for entry

I'm sure it's a small victory -- but it's something. This comes from Epoch Times which is quite anti-communist China but is still a decent news site.

The plan to mandate CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus vaccine passports for nightclubs and crowded events in England will not go ahead, UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid said on Sunday.

It comes after British lawmakers across the political spectrum voiced strong opposition to the plans this week.

Speaking on the BBC’s “The Andrew Marr Show” on Sunday, the health secretary said he “never liked the idea” of forcing people to show their papers in everyday activities, but the government was right to look at the evidence.

What I can say is that we’ve looked at it properly and whilst we should keep it in reserve as a potential option, I’m pleased to say that we will not be going ahead with plans for vaccine passports,” Javid said.

The health secretary added that the government shouldn’t be doing things for the sake of it or because others are doing them.

“So many countries, at the time they implemented it, was to try and boost their vaccination rates and you can understand why they might have done that,” he said.

Javid said that England has so far been “very successful” with its vaccination rates, with 55 percent of 16- to 17- year-olds having had their first doses only a month after the jabs were offered to this age group.

Shortly before his announcement on the BBC, the health secretary said the government hadn’t made a final decision on domestic vaccine passport in a separate interview with Sky News. He also said that he wants to get rid of PCR tests for international travel “as soon as [he] possibly can.”

Also on Sunday, the UK government said Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to repeal some powers from the Coronavirus Act, so that the government will no longer have the powers to shut down the economy, apply restrictions to events and gatherings, disrupt education, extend time limits for urgent warrants, or detain infectious people.

A number of European countries have introduced CCP virus status passports for settings including large events and restaurants.

The Scottish Parliament voted 68 votes to 55 on Thursday to support the implementation of CCP virus vaccine passports in Scotland’s nightclubs and other crowded venues.

A negative test for COVID-19 will not be accepted at this stage. The Scottish government said it was to boost vaccine uptake and to prevent limited PCR lab capacity from being overwhelmed by clubbers. The now-scrapped vaccine passport plan for England also wouldn’t have accepted negative test results.

According to official figures, CCP virus vaccination take-up rates across the UK’s four nations have been broadly similar.

As of Sept. 9, nearly 90 percent of the UK population aged over 16 have received the first dose of a CCP virus vaccine, and over 80 percent have received both doses, the government said.

AdoTintor

is this because Boris can't quite get the political support of the back benches to push it through? So they will wait for the winter wave to cause enough panic to complete the vassport? If so this guarrantees that they will do another PCR generated winter wave i.e. they ramp up testing in hospitals and through the PCR false positives they label patients as COVID positive and wait 28 days for them to die of whatever they were dying from. Or ADE gives them a wave without the inconvenience of contrivence.

AdoTintor

is this because Boris can't quite get the political support of the back benches to push it through? So they will wait for the winter wave to cause enough panic to complete the vassport? If so this guarrantees that they will do another PCR generated winter wave i.e. they ramp up testing in hospitals and through the PCR false positives they label patients as COVID positive and wait 28 days for them to die of whatever they were dying from. Or ADE gives them a wave without the inconvenience of contrivence.

here is Scotland doing an early PCR generated case-crisis to try and get the imminent vassport vote through:

OP
ecstatichamster
Except they lied.

However, within 24 hours, the government has indicated that the system will in fact form a “first-line defence” against a winter wave of coronavirus.

“No 10 said checks on the vaccine status of people going to nightclubs and other crowded events remained a crucial part of the government’s winter Covid plan due to be unveiled by the prime minister tomorrow,” reports the Times.

It appears as though the only change is that the passports won’t be introduced at the end of this month, appearing instead during early winter when COVID cases will inevitably and conveniently begin to rise again.

Ben.

They (in general) said and promised alot and then went ahead and did it anyway. Them saying "we dont want people to ... but we keep it as an option" means its not getting introduced right now but it surely will be eventually at a later time.

Rafe

Norway & Singapore dropping restrictions. This sounds so sane that watching this makes sanity sound like a foreign language. Is dissent working? Or is it just a breather between rounds of authoritarian lockup?

View: https://youtu.be/_ItkYhFiGBI

Birdie

This came in a letter my husband received yesterday:

The U.K. dropped its mask rules two months ago, so masks are no longer a legal requirement here, anywhere.

Some people still wear them. Some people don’t wear them ever. And some – like us – wear them sometimes.

I went into central London for a meal and a beer last night. I used the Tube and didn’t wear a mask. I found the streets were lively, the theatre district was lit up, and people were out partying and having a good time. No one was wearing a mask. It looked like London again.

Doc Sandoz

This came in a letter my husband received yesterday:

The U.K. dropped its mask rules two months ago, so masks are no longer a legal requirement here, anywhere.

Some people still wear them. Some people don’t wear them ever. And some – like us – wear them sometimes.

I went into central London for a meal and a beer last night. I used the Tube and didn’t wear a mask. I found the streets were lively, the theatre district was lit up, and people were out partying and having a good time. No one was wearing a mask. It looked like London again.
Very good news indeed

LA

Norway & Singapore dropping restrictions. This sounds so sane that watching this makes sanity sound like a foreign language. Is dissent working? Or is it just a breather between rounds of authoritarian lockup?

View: https://youtu.be/_ItkYhFiGBI

WE all need to live (or die) with it just like the seasonal flu. I vomited for 5 days with the 2009 Swine Flu,never took a vax and have not been sick since. I am not the only one. We must build up our immune systems. I hope more people can find a way to push back. I admit I do not go to parties or restaurants etc, during sickness seasons and I avoid people who are coughing, sneezing, etc.

Birdie

Very good news indeed
A friend of my husband wrote that to him in an email. The guy is an American born in England and has been living there for several months. He has been showing his family all the sights. I think once, in their photos, I saw them in masks in a museum.