Purpose Of Fingernail Whites

smith

Do fingernails store excess minerals, like calcium? Do they act as a reserve for something?

Cloudhands

Theyre good for scratching and protecting the fragile nerve endings of the fingers etc

I havent had white moons on my fingernails for years but when i supplement with a b complex a few start to reappear. Anyone else have any ideas as to what they signify?

Nicole W.

I havent had white moons on my fingernails for years but when i supplement with a b complex a few start to reappear. Anyone else have any ideas as to what they signify?
They are called lunela. Some traditional medical systems view them as being reflective of the person’s health. The color, shape and appearance/disappearance of them all have special significance.

opethfeldt

Elaborate.
They're a quick and easy way to tell if you're hypothyroid. It's not scientific or particularly accurate but there is a correlation, in my experience. All the obviously hypothyroid people I know have just their thumb lunela present. I myself have this situation. At my greatest state of health, I was getting the ones on my index fingers back. I also notice the ones on my thumbs change in size according to my metabolic health. So yes, I was half joking but it is a fairly easy way to tell how you're progressing in terms of metabolism.

They're a quick and easy way to tell if you're hypothyroid. It's not scientific or particularly accurate but there is a correlation, in my experience. All the obviously hypothyroid people I know have just their thumb lunela present. I myself have this situation. At my greatest state of health, I was getting the ones on my index fingers back. I also notice the ones on my thumbs change in size according to my metabolic health. So yes, I was half joking but it is a fairly easy way to tell how you're progressing in terms of metabolism.
I think there is definitely something too this.

Still doesnt explain why b vitamins help mine. Although, my thyroditis massively reduces with methylfolate..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals