Pure Glycerine Soap Without Vegetable Oil

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi- looking around at soap receipts and I can't seem to find a glycerine soap receive that doesn't use castor oil- has anyone made their own soap without it? I'd love the recipe if you're willing to share. cheers.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
First of all, what is wrong with castor oil on the skin...?
I don’t know but theoretically you’re putting a PUFA on skin so I believe there’s the issue/potential of this fat being damaging to the skin..there’s been much discussion on what cream to put on face and body and products used in the showers etc.. I went looking for this answer but I just couldn’t seem to see a way to make soap without the vegetable oil.. hence the question. Thanks for the links- I shall have a look.

Tjah, I think it is much better to put some PUFA on the skin than in the body orally, definitely.
It works antiinflammatory and helps the skin barrier and prevents scaly dry skin.

Sunflower oil is not damaging to skin barrier for babies but olive oil is. see here

I think it is highly exaggerated and obsessive behavior avoiding Pufa on the skin like its toxic. I should not worry about some PUFA on the skin, especially when the oils also contain vitamin e and maybe cannabinoids from hemp or castor oil healing properties and lymphe supporting function.

And with the soap, the fatty acids will be converted in the reaction to glycerin so also not worrisome.
Also mixing PUFA with other oils below 4% will be very stable, see here
Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by skin epidermal enzymes: generation of antiinflammatory and antiproliferative metabolites | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Tjah, I think it is much better to put some PUFA on the skin than in the body orally, definitely.
It works antiinflammatory and helps the skin barrier and prevents scaly dry skin.

Sunflower oil is not damaging to skin barrier for babies but olive oil is. see here

I think it is highly exaggerated and obsessive behavior avoiding Pufa on the skin like its toxic. I should not worry about some PUFA on the skin, especially when the oils also contain vitamin e and maybe cannabinoids from hemp or castor oil healing properties and lymphe supporting function.

And with the soap, the fatty acids will be converted in the reaction to glycerin so also not worrisome.
Also mixing PUFA with other oils below 4% will be very stable, see here
Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by skin epidermal enzymes: generation of antiinflammatory and antiproliferative metabolites | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic
Thanks. I’ll try not to be so exaggerated and obsessive in the future.

Birdie

Oh, Ray says he doesn’t use soap on his body and that soap will change the pH of the skin. But he says soap on the hands is too little to worry about. Some people just use the soap to spot clean. :):

I hadn’t used soap all over since I was 16. Long time! Recently that habit backfired when I had my first experience with chiggers. Found out it’s good to scrub with soap during chigger season. Oh well!!

Kray

Hi- looking around at soap receipts and I can't seem to find a glycerine soap receive that doesn't use castor oil- has anyone made their own soap without it? I'd love the recipe if you're willing to share. cheers.
I know this is old, but can't find another newer thread, and want to revisit this, since I just bought some GLYCERINE SOAP-- without castor oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals