Pup responding to progest e

honeybee

My female spaniel has discoid lupus which manifests most obviously as a crusty, deeply cracked, sometimes bloody and peeling nose. Condition worsens in sun. I myself am giving proegst e a second chance and am getting good results so while i was using it ne morning, i put some on her nose. I started rubbing about 1 drop of protest e on her nose about a week ago and it has improved quite a bit. The deep cracks are almost all healed and the crusty is gone. I have tried nearly everything I could on her nose. I am also giving her Niacinamide which is probably also helping. It's hard to tell since she can't talk lol.

jaguar43

honeybee said:
My female spaniel has discoid lupus which manifests most obviously as a crusty, deeply cracked, sometimes bloody and peeling nose. Condition worsens in sun. I myself am giving proegst e a second chance and am getting good results so while i was using it ne morning, i put some on her nose. I started rubbing about 1 drop of protest e on her nose about a week ago and it has improved quite a bit. The deep cracks are almost all healed and the crusty is gone. I have tried nearly everything I could on her nose. I am also giving her Niacinamide which is probably also helping. It's hard to tell since she can't talk lol.

is she a showing dog

OP
honeybee

honeybee

No she is a field springer. My other springer is of bench bred descent - he is a beauty. He has no nose problems but has alot of joint issues.

jaguar43

honeybee said:
No she is a field springer. My other springer is of bench bred descent - he is a beauty. He has no nose problems but has alot of joint issues.

have you tried giving her some liver, heart, or other organs. Are you using a certain type of shampoo or condition that may effect it. Have you tried just feed the pro-e to her, the skin permeability will not always work try feed it to her.

Jenn

Make sure the dog is getting gelatin too. Cheap source of beef hide is at amazon. $20+ for 5 lbs. Makes a big difference.

A friend's fixed, female dog was incontinent and stop with just one dose of ProgestE.

Rivka

That's really interesting about progest e for animals. I have also been giving it to my small dog and rubbing a little into her gums every second or third day. She is 10 years old and has been de-sexed and mammary tumours in the past too. Before the Progest e she was always sleeping after the operation however now is like a puppy bouncing full of energy and happy again. I have also been giving her a little thyroid in her food.

OP
honeybee

honeybee

Thanks everyone for info. I have been letting her lick my finger with the Rest of the progest eso she wont lick it off her nose. When get more ill start giving her a solid drop. She is also fixed so figure she can use it. She gets raw cow knuckle bones but she doesn't like raw meats. I can try again with liver for both of them.
My other older dog is having a lot of joint issues. i gave him gelatin know for about 3months and never saw a improvement so I stopped. I am considering pregnenolne-anyone have any experience with animals and this? Maybe thyroid would help him? He has a fatty tumor also that I am watching/monitoring. I give him sugar on his food. I am doing some red lightterapy on his worst joints and it seems to help. And aspirin.

Rivka

I have been giving my dog Nature thyroid. A very small amount mixed into her food. However I am trying out Nutri-meds bovine thyroid capsules right now. I sprinkle a tiny amount into her food. I came across this article from Ray Peat's website on tissue destructive conditions. It's related to people however it may give you some ideas:

"Besides many people whose arthritis improved with only thyroid supplementation, I have seen 30 people use one or more of these other natural hormones for various types of arthritis, usually with a topical application. Often the pain is relieved within a few minutes. I know of several other people who used progesterone topically for inflamed tendons, damaged cartilage, or other inflammations. Only one of these, a woman with rheumatoid arthritis in many joints, had no significant improvement. An hour after she had applied it to her hands and feet, she enthusiastically reported that her ankle had stopped hurting, but after this she said she had no noticeable improvement. "

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ti ... tion.shtml

OP
honeybee

honeybee

Thanks for the link and info Rivka. I am taking Nutrimeds bovine capsules myself. I will start my older boy on a small dose.

Back
Top Bottom