Pumpkin Seed Oil

Velve921

What are everyone's thoughts on pumpkin seed oil? Any the supposed benefits on decreasing over active bladder?

pboy

na, ive messed with it before, theres very little vit E and vit K in it, so it isn't even good for fat soluble nutrients like some other seed oils are. Its black in color and has a somewhat good but also off nutty flavor. Its just a PUFA basically, which comes with its greasy side effects. I don't think it would have much or any effect on bladder, unless it actually impaired your metabolism and caused edema. Its one of those things people use for flavor but don't realize that its like almost half liver toxic at the same time. If you use just a little like a teaspoon you might not notice anything, but I don't think it would help bladder. That's up to you to decide and try, but it might be a waste of money...however if you really want to know youll have to try it on yourself

tara

I'm not recommending it, and I know nothing anbout its effect on bladder. I had heard that pumpkin seeds were one of the higher vegetarian zinc sources. I used to buy whole seeds sometimes for that reason, but seldom actually felt like eating them. I expect liver and oysters probably have better mineral to PUFA ratios.