Pulse

Brian fitusi

I’ve been slowly increasing my temperature, haven’t really noticed any sicnificant change in my pulse. I’ve been ranging from 50-60 bpm. I have done lots of aerobic work, so I can understand why it’s at that level, but I’ve been pretty mellow for the last couple months, and learning how to incorporate some of the nutritional principles that most people talk about on this forum. Does anybody have some feedback for me on this matter?

YourUniverse

High temperature with low pulse can be the expression of high cortisol. Sugar is the best thing for countering cortisol, and is among the best things for increasing metabolism in general. Other things that raise metabolism are caffeine, salt, saturated fat, and a high calcium:phosphorus ratio

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

High temperature with low pulse can be the expression of high cortisol. Sugar is the best thing for countering cortisol, and is among the best things for increasing metabolism in general. Other things that raise metabolism are caffeine, salt, saturated fat, and a high calcium:phosphorus ratio

I see. So, how much of the above do you think would be necessary to start improving my pulse. I consume caffeine in the form of sugar; I salt everything, been consuming saturated fat, and consume foods with proper calcium:phosphorus ratios. Do you have some suggestions to finding out the proper quantities to be consuming on a daily basis?

YourUniverse

Ray would say adding 2 quarts of low fat milk, up to a gallon or so a day, and 1 quart of orange juice not from concentrate, is a good place to start.

A calorie deficit can also cause cortisol. You say you like aerobic exercise, do you also like to starve yourself? :P what's your height and weight?

Lastly estrogen is also tied to cortisol, have you been making a carrot salad? For how long?

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

Ray would say adding 2 quarts of low fat milk, up to a gallon or so a day, and 1 quart of orange juice not from concentrate, is a good place to start.

A calorie deficit can also cause cortisol. You say you like aerobic exercise, do you also like to starve yourself? :P what's your height and weight?

Lastly estrogen is also tied to cortisol, have you been making a carrot salad? For how long?
Don’t like to starve myself; have backed off of aerobic exercise quite a bit, and generally contract once a week for an hour or so,and play golf 2-3 times a week. I’m 6’0, 195 lbs. haven’t been eating a carrot salad on a regular basis.

Ahanu

I’ve been slowly increasing my temperature, haven’t really noticed any sicnificant change in my pulse.
Puls takes longer to recover than temperature.(somewhere there is a peat quote about that) if you have managed to increase your temperature than I wouldn't change too much. Stick to what is working for you. Puls will follow.

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

Puls takes longer to recover than temperature.(somewhere there is a peat quote about that) if you have managed to increase your temperature than I wouldn't change too much. Stick to what is working for you. Puls will follow.
That sounds good. I feel like I’m really learning a lot, and redefining what good nutrition really
is. I’m really enjoying this process. Thank you for the feedback!