Pulse Question

connorj123

I have a pulse oximeter coming tonight, im just not sure how or why I should be measuring my pulse

Just not sure what to do anymore. I have anxiety and none existant libido, fatigue and everything. Some days im insanely anxious, other days im really calm and confident. I just have no quality of life, I want to be in a none anxious state all the time so I can live my life

When I started eating every 2-3 hours I felt a significant drop in anxiety. I also had a wet dream for the first time in 2 months. (Im 21 by the way) I have no libido but this happened when I started eating more

I also thought I had raynauds, but thats kind of disappeared now im eating more frequently. This all started when i wenr 9 hrs fasted every day for 6 years during high school even while hungry because I couldnt eat.. Maybe that ruined my metabolism. Now before I eat I get jittery and adrenaline like

If I have a day where im not anxious, my libido is better and all my symptoms are gone. The anxiety is so bad I can be awkward around my parents, but this completely disappears if im having a good day and I basically become a socially outgoing normal person. So sick of the fluctuations

This is influenced by what I eat 100%. I have tested this over the past year. I just dont understand it. I also ate only fruit for 2 months trying to figure out if I was reacting to a certain food

What do I do guys? What should I be looking for to see if something im eating agrees with my body , will my pulse just not change?

Any other pointers more than welcomed lol, I honestly dont know

somuch4food

What's your current diet like?

I think you have to find a baseline diet that you enjoy and that will cover most nutrients. After that, you can start tweaking it and record how that makes you feel. You will feel like you make no progress and often end up feeling worse, but you will gain knowledge that will serve you in the long run. It's also useful to note what you did during the day too since food, habits and light all affect the gut in various ways.

Digestion issues can certainly cause anxiety. If diet changes don't seem to help, focus on straightening your digestion instead. You can look up enzymes, probiotics, herbs and bitters, supplements like betaine hcl or a B complex). You could also try the carrot salad or well cooked mushrooms to help cleanse your gut.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't help you with pulse since I don't bother recording it. It would just fuel my OCD.

OP
C

connorj123

I think you have to find a baseline diet that you enjoy and that will cover most nutrients. After that, you can start tweaking it and record how that makes you feel. You will feel like you make no progress and often end up feeling worse, but you will gain knowledge that will serve you in the long run. It's also useful to note what you did during the day too since food, habits and light all affect the gut in various ways.

Digestion issues can certainly cause anxiety. If diet changes don't seem to help, focus on straightening your digestion instead. You can look up enzymes, probiotics, herbs and bitters, supplements like betaine hcl or a B complex). You could also try the carrot salad or well cooked mushrooms to help cleanse your gut.

Digestive enzymes helped me so much. All my life I had constipation. When I ate only fruit and vegetables, nothing else, I noticed constipation was gone. Anyways long stort short I realized it was the fat that was constipating me (I believe fat malabsorption since I had oil on top of bowel movements, and as soon as I added 1 full avocado to my diet instead of half constipation returned) I now have no constipation taking enzymes so I agree with you there. I also dunno if this did my gut and body in not getting enough fat to be honest

My diet looks like

Scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, maybe some sausage or bacon for breakfast + coffee with cream and sugar

Greek yogurt a couple of hours after breakfast (or sometimes ill have yogurt first thing)

Home cooked dinner, like bolognese or chilli with rice.

Cheese and tomato sandwich (gluten free bread)

Haagan dasz ice cream

A few oranges sometimes, or a bit of other fruit. Usually oranges though

Few cups of orange juice a day, maybe just 2 cups. 1 with a little bit of salt in (just started doing this, I heard its good)

Only just started looking into ray peat so all new to this stuff

OP
C

connorj123

EDIT: Sorry, I can't help you with pulse since I don't bother recording it. It would just fuel my OCD.

I have had none stop stress for 8 months trying to figure this out if im honest. Diet wise. Dont feel so bad now im doing some of the peat diet stuff since I can have ice cream and sugar freely :)

OP
C

connorj123

I would like to add guys, I almost forgot

When I am in a hot environment, my symptoms are worse (fatigue, anxiety). If I am out in the cold both improve. Put me in a hot car or a house and the fatigue is worse. I feel the tiredness coming on, just like turning a light on

somuch4food

Scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, maybe some sausage or bacon for breakfast + coffee with cream and sugar

If I have that breakfast, I will be a mess all day too. That's your first mistake, not enough carbs in the morning and overall. Eggs are notorious around here as blood sugar crashers. You need to balance proteins with enough carbs. Your ideal ratio could be as little as 1:2 or as much as 1:8.

I would like to add guys, I almost forgot

When I am in a hot environment, my symptoms are worse (fatigue, anxiety). If I am out in the cold both improve. Put me in a hot car or a house and the fatigue is worse. I feel the tiredness coming on, just like turning a light on

Humid hot environments are the worst for me too and actually can trigger heart palpitations.

OP
C

connorj123

If I have that breakfast, I will be a mess all day too. That's your first mistake, not enough carbs in the morning and overall. Eggs are notorious around here as blood sugar crashers. You need to balance proteins with enough carbs. Your ideal ratio could be as little as 1:2 or as much as 1:8.

Humid hot environments are the worst for me too and actually can trigger heart palpitations.

I wonder if thats because when we are hot more blood flow is directed to our hands and feet rather than surrounding our organs more? Thats the only thing that sticks out to me

Do you reckon orange juice with breakfast then for carbs? That does make sense. I cant think of another carb to have with my eggs

somuch4food

I wonder if thats because when we are hot more blood flow is directed to our hands and feet rather than surrounding our organs more? Thats the only thing that sticks out to me

Do you reckon orange juice with breakfast then for carbs? That does make sense. I cant think of another carb to have with my eggs

If you can stomach it, it would work. I can only enjoy OJ when diluted with water. To get enough carbs, I would end up with too much liquid.

You can also see your breakfast as a multi course meal. First, load up on fruits, then eat your eggs with your coffee.

I usually have some juice, fruits, or a smoothie, then a protein and if I'm still hungry a toast made with quality bread.

Marcine

upload_2020-2-24_14-28-26.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals