Pulled muscle

scarlettsmum

Is there anything that can help with pulled muscle? I also mean the tendency of pulling your muscle as one gets older. My husband has pulled his knee muscle badly and it's taking him ages to heal.

tara

I think the tendency to pull muscles and tendons may sometimes be related to low metabolism. Muscles need energy to relax quickly and fully after activation. If energy is short, eg in hypothyroid states, the muscles and tendons may not relax fully, and they can shorten and be stiffer, and so more prone to damage from sudden tension. Magnesim or other deficiencies may exacerbate?
All the general tactics for improving energy production, getting the system running on thyroid and sugar rather than chronically high stress hormones should allow for better recovery and repair during rest. I imagine keeping it warm would be good.

If you happen to have access to a good supply of CO2, I'd try CO2 baths.
Hopefully others have more ideas specifically for pulled muscles.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Agree with tara, when muscles cant relax they can tear more easily.

DMSO looks promising, aspirin might possibly help. My neighbor down the road swears by arnica but I do not have any further info on it.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Thank you both, I actually have some Arnica cream so might try that. And I will look into your other recommendations. Thanks!

jaa

I agree with Tara, and would add that if you're not moving around regularly and putting your joints through full range of motion you're going to be prone to pulling muscles regardless of what you supplement.

tara

Charlie said:
post 106111 DMSO looks promising
That seems worth considering. I'd be looking to take care with any other strong chemicals eg. being used either topically or as oral medicines or as inductrial pollutants etc at the same time - DMSO can make many things get into and travel through the system more easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Thanks very much everybody. i will pass the suggestions onto my husband.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals