• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

PUFAs Coming Up High on Cronometer

reggiano

Hi everyone!

On cronometer I'd say my O6 always end up in the 8-10g range. However, I am suspecting this could be off because my eggs are from a local farm and my milk is grass finished organic. I get 4-6k calories per day and love full fat dairy.

Is Cronometer off simply because it assumes grain fed products?

pboy

its probably pretty accurate, it might be slightly less in the dairy and eggs from pastured, especially the eggs. But with that high calorie intake, and full fat, that 8-10g range might be accurate. However, its moreso the ratio of saturated to polyunsaturated that matters more than total amount. If all your fat is from dairy and egg sources, its probably still balanced. It helps if all the calories are supported by nutrients so your metabolism can take care of efficiently that many calories, and the PUFAs as long as theyre balanced by saturated fat and overall energy metabolism will be taken care of without doing noticeable harm

jyb

You're pufa is higher just because you eat more. But the ratio to sat fat remains low, at least what's due to dairy. For eggs I'm not sure how much the pufa content varies depending on whether its grain/soy fed or not. I've looked at various grocery store sources and pufa content looked identical. Maybe because even the best free range commercial brand still uses too much soy/grain.

tara

Isn't even a fully pastured chook eating high PUFA from greens and bugs, without a rumen to transform them to saturated fats?

schultz

I wonder what would be higher PUFA, grain/pellet fed or purely pastured? Grass and bugs, even though they are high PUFA, are pretty low fat in general are they not? As far as the grain diet goes, just because they feed them soy and corn doesn't necessarily mean the feed is high in fat. Unless they specifically add something to the feed to increase the omega-3 like flax or menhaden, I think the fat content of feed is quite low as the feed stores better this way. Soybean meal for example has only around 16g of fat for every 1000g of the stuff. I'm not even sure whole corn is too high in fat.

That being said, I can't imagine there are too many fully pastured chickens out there without getting at least some supplemental feed and that feed would almost surely be soy protein and grains. So pastured chickens are probably just fed soy just like unpastured chickens.

If you think about it too much it drives you crazy. It's best not to think about these things too much :D Meh

tara

schultz said:
If you think about it too much it drives you crazy. It's best not to think about these things too much :D Meh
It's not stopping me eating the eggs I can get. :):

arinryan

I agree too schultz! It seems like a worthwhile trade off to me--a few grams of pufas, for such a valuable food. I never feel good if I don't have at least one egg yolk in a day.
(I love your photo btw :D)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ecstatichamster Relationship between PUFAs and body temperature Articles & Scientific Studies 2
A I think this would be a good video to show people that do not know and understand the dangers of PUFAs Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 5
T Our Ancestors Ate PUFAs (Probably) - Food For Thought Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 3
Inaut Ray Peat Interview with Tucker Goodrich, David Gornoski on PUFAs, Seed Oils, Benefits of Sugar, Milk Interviews 3
R Anti-Peat Mitigating PUFAs anti metabolic effect with increased calories intake Debate - Anti-Peat 9
hazel Lamb pufas? Meat 3
R PUFAS PUFAS AND PUFAS, how to remove Metabolism 5
V Marine PUFAs linked to lower mortality (Study) Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 4
Hans Excess PUFAs and low saturated fat could contribute to dementia Scientific Studies 1
Hans PUFAs, cardiolipin, ATP production and obesity Scientific Studies 6
Y Strong.Sistas - Dr Ray Peat Q&A | PUFAS, Fructose, Weight Loss, PCOS, Hormones, Cholesterol, & More Interviews 50
T Anti-Peat PUFAs Better Than Saturated Fats? Debate - Anti-Peat 125
ScurveDream Any Way To Reduce PUFAs In Pork Chops? Ask For Help or Advice 17
professor_sue Interview: Dr Ray Peat - Hormones, Stress, PUFAs, Low Carb Diets, Fat Burning Vs. Suga Video Interviews 4
murdoc Dr Ray Peat - Hormones, Stress, PUFAs, Low Carb Diets, Fat Burning Vs. Sugar Burning, & More! Interviews 2
F So Pufas Free And More Fruit Is The Way To Go Diet, Recipes 25
Z PUFAs + Curcumin New Research On Insulin Sensitivity Diet 3
Hans PUFAs Induce Apoptosis By Collapsing The Membrane Potential Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
Runenight201 The PUFAS Made Me Do It The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 12
Hans PUFAs Cause Obesity And Diabetes. Coconut Oil & Fructose Are Protective Articles & Scientific Studies 28
J How Much PUFAs Should I Limit Myself To If I'm Relatively Young? Diet 25
S PUFAs And Their Influence On Political Leanings Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 185
Hans You Don't Need PUFAs (inflammation) To Grow Muscles Exercise 53
tankasnowgod Another Way PUFAs May Make You "fatter." Body Care 19
ecstatichamster PUFAs Cause Fatty Liver (and Reference To Mildronate) Scientific Studies 13
nigma WHY Do PUFAs Inhibit Thyroid? Ray Peat Topics 10
E How To Control PUFAs For Babies? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
ecstatichamster Studies? Where Is Evidence PUFAs Are Preferentially Stored Not Burned? Science 25
R How Much PUFAs Can I Get Away With? Ask For Help or Advice 29
Y Can The Human Body Make PUFAs From Other Substances? Ray Peat Topics 4
Y Cravings For PUFAs Diet, Recipes 32
A PUFAs Role On Skin Health 48
ecstatichamster Pufas Inhibit Glycolysis? Please Decode Scientific Studies 2
lvysaur Are Pufas Harmful In The Short Term? Digestion 4
Parsifal 2 questions about gut flora and PUFAs Ray Peat Topics 6
ecstatichamster Vitamin A Without PUFAs? A 12
natedawggh Zinc Neutralizes PUFAs (polyunsaturated Fats) In Vivo, Is Necessary For Weight Loss And Liver Lipid Supplements 29
zarrin77 Contradictory Information On PUFAs Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 24
uuy8778yyi is avoiding PUFAs the cornerstone of the diet Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 30
B Looking for recent studies that prove the harmfulness of PUFAs Articles & Scientific Studies 6
G Pufas Correlate With Autism Articles & Scientific Studies 0
burtlancast Fat-free Cultured Cells: No Need For PUFAS; Where Are The Studies ? Health 3
A Signs PUFAs Are Leaving The Body Health 4
H PUFAS Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 3
D SFAs And PUFAs Health 4
Peata PUFAs are real cause of skin aging Fats 4
M Pufas Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
J Free Fatty Acids: SFAs vs. PUFAs Diet, Recipes 6
taesch PUFAs and longevity Articles & Scientific Studies 1
S Do restaurants marinate meat in PUFAs? Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store 5