PUFAs are real cause of skin aging

dannibo

I'm glad Peat's ideas are getting out there too. I see resistance to consideration of them on some forums and comments in blogs, but at least it's "knocking on their door" for if/when they are ready to investigate further.

What I've learned from Peat goes against so much of what we've been taught pretty much our whole lives.

For example, pre-Peat, I had drilled into me that the following were "bad" -
sugar
saturated fat
salt
most dairy, especially milk (depending who I was reading)
orange juice (any juice was supposed to be bad for blood sugars)
potatoes (supposedly a "junk" veg that was too carby)

Had always heard the following were "good" -
whole grains
nuts & seeds
vegetable oils
soy products

All that is now flipped upside down.

The improved appearance aspect of getting hormones aligned and gut health in check is very appealing to me. For better or worse, I just know when I look good I feel good and the other way around too.
When you realise Peat is a complete bull shitartist you'll waken up mate.

tankasnowgod

Absolute bull****! You believe this bollocks and youre lost. Hydrogenated oils are TOXIC to all animal life. Besides this fking pharma site refuses to upload scientific papers.Ray fking Peat!
I don't believe random posters who don't offer ANY proof of their positions, and refuse to believe the established definitions of words, like "Hydrogenation." And clearly don't understand the differences between PUFA, MUFA, and SFA. And who randomly start attacking the man this forum was named after, even though they have been a member here for five years. And who can't get through a post without cursing and throwing a tantrum like a child.

It's time for you to put up your proof. YOU claimed that ALL supermarket oils are Hydrogenated. Prove it. Post your source(s). Where did you get that claim? A scientific paper? A Youtube video? A Whistleblower? Your Imagination?

Next, prove that Mazola and Wesson are lying when they say their oils are "Not Hydrogenated." This has nothing to do with any alleged toxicity, but whether they are hydrogenated or not. And explain why their "hydrogenated" oils are liquid at room temperature and translucent. Not cloudy and semi-solid.

And after you are done explaining why those manufacturers are "lying" about hydrogenation of their product, maybe you can explain why Crisco openly admits to using hydrogenated oils in their product. And why Crisco appears to be semi-solid, like lard, which is the expected effect of hydrogenating fats. Or, is Crisco somehow "lying" too, this time in the other direction?

When you realise Peat is a complete bull ***artist you'll waken up mate.
Then why are you even still on this forum if you believe this? Shouldn't you close down your account and go start the "PUFA worship forum" or something? That might be more useful than responding to 8 year old posts from members that don't seem to frequent this site anymore.

A

Adf

Absolute bull****! You believe this bollocks and youre lost. Hydrogenated oils are TOXIC to all animal life. Besides this fking pharma site refuses to upload scientific papers.Ray fking Peat!

Nothing you are doing or saying here is productive at all, it is destructive. You must slow your mind down, take a deep breathe, and realize this.

To me it seems like you may have been dealt a bad hand in life, like you are under a lot of stress at the moment. And for some reason, likely unconscious reactions, you're taking all of your anger and frustration out on the Ray Peat forums members and its founder. You should do some breathwork, take a minute or 10 to calm down and realize we are not your enemy. Whatever stressful ***t you have going on in your life is not caused by Tankasnowgod, and not caused by Dr Ray Peat, so don't be so rude to them.

Go lift weights or take an MMA class if you have to vent. This forum is full of very intelligent people like Tankasnowgod. We come here to discuss, whether agreeing or disagreeing, we debate. We do not debase. So don't come here and debase. Join the debate if you have something productive to share, or simply giving opinions and sharing thoughts is fine too. But get lost with your debasing attitude, it's not welcome here.

dannibo

Not "wannabe" scientists. But, actual scientists. People have done hydrogenation experiments on their own-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdDWA9-DSY

And, in the lab-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsSO2CT3hks

And the results are always the same.... the fat becomes more solid. Which is the logical conclusion, based on what we know about saturated and unsaturated fats in the real world.

This Khan Academy video does a nice job of explaining the differences, and even talks about the tendencies of being liquid or solid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9lL2KStW9s&t=2s

So independent labs, Khan Academy, the dictionary people, and food makers like Cargill are all lying about the process of "hydrogenation," since it obviously makes oils into liquids at room temperature, since that was your original claim. This is why your claim doesn't make any sense.

Not surprising. You don't even understand the dictionary definition of hydrogenation.

Manufacturers will even explicitly state whether an oil has been hydrogenated or not. Look on a bottle of Mazola or Wesson, and they both say "Non-Hydrogenated." Look at the ingredients of Crisco, and you will see both "fully hydrogenated" and "partial hydrogenated" oils listed. And the product of each is exactly what you would expect.... Wesson and Mazola are translucent liquids at room temperature, indicating they weren't hydrogenated. And Crisco is similar in consistency to lard or butter, suggesting that some of the oils used were hydrogenated.

You are so ridiculously off base here. I'm impressed that you keep on doubling down, when you haven't offered a single shred of evidence to back up your position, and I have offered basically everything, from hydrogenation experiments, dictionary definitions, and quoting specific manufacturers labels. I'm just wondering if you will ever admit you were wrong, or offer even one tiny piece of evidence to back up your claim. I won't hold my breath on either.

Why do you go round and round with this bunkum? Hydrogenated, processed omega6 EFAs are 100% toxic to animal life.. end of!

dannibo

I don't believe random posters who don't offer ANY proof of their positions, and refuse to believe the established definitions of words, like "Hydrogenation." And clearly don't understand the differences between PUFA, MUFA, and SFA. And who randomly start attacking the man this forum was named after, even though they have been a member here for five years. And who can't get through a post without cursing and throwing a tantrum like a child.

It's time for you to put up your proof. YOU claimed that ALL supermarket oils are Hydrogenated. Prove it. Post your source(s). Where did you get that claim? A scientific paper? A Youtube video? A Whistleblower? Your Imagination?

Next, prove that Mazola and Wesson are lying when they say their oils are "Not Hydrogenated." This has nothing to do with any alleged toxicity, but whether they are hydrogenated or not. And explain why their "hydrogenated" oils are liquid at room temperature and translucent. Not cloudy and semi-solid.

And after you are done explaining why those manufacturers are "lying" about hydrogenation of their product, maybe you can explain why Crisco openly admits to using hydrogenated oils in their product. And why Crisco appears to be semi-solid, like lard, which is the expected effect of hydrogenating fats. Or, is Crisco somehow "lying" too, this time in the other direction?

Then why are you even still on this forum if you believe this? Shouldn't you close down your account and go start the "PUFA worship forum" or something? That might be more useful than responding to 8 year old posts from members that don't seem to frequent this site anymore.
You need reminded not to be condescending! Regardless these processed adulterated oils are 100% poison.

Last edited:

dannibo

Not "wannabe" scientists. But, actual scientists. People have done hydrogenation experiments on their own-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdDWA9-DSY

And, in the lab-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsSO2CT3hks

And the results are always the same.... the fat becomes more solid. Which is the logical conclusion, based on what we know about saturated and unsaturated fats in the real world.

This Khan Academy video does a nice job of explaining the differences, and even talks about the tendencies of being liquid or solid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9lL2KStW9s&t=2s

So independent labs, Khan Academy, the dictionary people, and food makers like Cargill are all lying about the process of "hydrogenation," since it obviously makes oils into liquids at room temperature, since that was your original claim. This is why your claim doesn't make any sense.

Not surprising. You don't even understand the dictionary definition of hydrogenation.

Manufacturers will even explicitly state whether an oil has been hydrogenated or not. Look on a bottle of Mazola or Wesson, and they both say "Non-Hydrogenated." Look at the ingredients of Crisco, and you will see both "fully hydrogenated" and "partial hydrogenated" oils listed. And the product of each is exactly what you would expect.... Wesson and Mazola are translucent liquids at room temperature, indicating they weren't hydrogenated. And Crisco is similar in consistency to lard or butter, suggesting that some of the oils used were hydrogenated.

You are so ridiculously off base here. I'm impressed that you keep on doubling down, when you haven't offered a single shred of evidence to back up your position, and I have offered basically everything, from hydrogenation experiments, dictionary definitions, and quoting specific manufacturers labels. I'm just wondering if you will ever admit you were wrong, or offer even one tiny piece of evidence to back up your claim. I won't hold my breath on either.

You take plenty of those oils and come back when you have heart disease or cancer because in autopsies the most abundant blockages in arteries is adulterated Omega 6. Proven 100%. I can't post the study on this site because it won't allow me to but you can find the results here www.brianpeskin.com

tankasnowgod

Why do you go round and round with this bunkum? Hydrogenated, processed omega6 EFAs are 100% toxic to animal life.. end of!
This will probably be my final post to you, because it's clear that you don't have a good command of the English language. This sentence literally doesn't make any sense. And I point out yet again.... once linoleic acid is "hydrogenated," it isn't' linoleic acid (or "Omega 6" or "EFA") anymore.
You need reminded not to be condescending! Regardless these processed adulterated oils are 100% poison.
And you need to stop using profanity.

I never said that oils like soybean or corn oil are "safe." They are obviously toxic, due to the high amount of linoleic acid. If that linoleic acid were "hydrogenated" into something like Oleic or Stearic, it would be safer.
You take plenty of those oils and come back when you have heart disease or cancer because in autopsies the most abundant blockages in arteries is adulterated Omega 6. Proven 100%
Ridiculous strawman argument. You don't have proof for any of your claims, so now you have resorted to future predictions to try and validate your claims.
I can't post the study on this site because it won't allow me to but you can find the results here www.brianpeskin.com
Obviously wrong. You can write, so nothing is stopping you from typing in title, year, and author of any relevant study. That's the way studies were cited in printed journals for centuries, and still are. Plus, the fact that you can post a website link makes me think you are lying about the whole "site won't let me post" comment.

I think the only thing preventing you from posting any scientific studies is that you don't know any.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals