PUFA-free CBD?

veritas

I've been taking CBD oil daily for about a month now and have tried various brands (Bluebird, Kat's, PureKana, others) and doses. I've been pleasantly surprised at how much it's relieved my chronic anxiety and helped a bit with sleep.

I'm concerned about the high level of PUFA that must be in these oils as I think they're all hemp oil (still learning about the world of CBD, however, so I may be wrong about "all").

My question is, does anyone know of a PUFA-free CBD? A tincture or something? I've searched and have come up empty handed. For now I'm eating a tablespoon of coconut oil and taking niacinamide and Vitamin E with each CBD dose (I wasn't at first, because I didn't put two and two together about the PUFA), but I understand the dangers of PUFA and am not sure if those things would be effective in the long term.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

walker_in_aus

From what I understand CBD oil is the extract of active compounds using an alcohol base. THC and cannabinoids are fat soluable so you can make "Cannabutter" by cooking it in an oil. But CBD oil requires a distillery and an ethanol solvent and specific temps to remove the active ingredients. Therefore I wouldn't worry too much about hemp oil PUFAS being in it as it's not a pressed vegetable oil product you are taking.

walker_in_aus

I've just had a quick look and it depends on the process so I'd ask your manufacturers what they are doing.
Because it looks like some people are making HEMP OIL with extracts in it (with good rations of health omegas !!!!!! Ahhh)
And other methods are extracts with ethanols which would just be aiming to get active ingredients out with particular temps (i.e cannabinoids and THC/THA)

Fetch

You can buy CBD powder that isn't even from marijuana. They make it from citus and evergreen bark. I have never used a CBD product but this is interesting.

An Alt CBD

cannabinoids derive from pufa anyway

oriane

Hello, My uncle's company makes an alcohol-based CBD tincture. No oils. It very fast-acting when taken on top of the tongue and because of the high alcohol content goes directly into the blood stream and not through the digestive tract. You can look it up: CBD MENDO. He also makes a Pine Needle Tonic with CBD.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals