PUFA Experiment

I had a hair shed recently after making a lot of progress.

As a result I was forced to change my paradigm to find a solution, because as far as peating goes, I already do everything.
I consulted Taeian, the guy who I first took advice from. He told me that healthy scalps have a thick fat layer to support follicles. This fat is 60% linoleic acid. He advised me to increase omega 6 in the diet, and topically apply evening primrose oil, castor oil, rosemary oil, and less frequently hydrocortisone cream. In days my hair is dramatically thickening up, it's quite surreal.

Following on from this, I drank the oil as well. Then I ate fast food that was fried in oil, and indulged in several PUFA snacks I used to binge on...

My heart rate is 95 beats per minute, and my temperature is 98 degrees. Which is the highest my metabolism has been since I began pleating, including downing thyroid, caffeine, and coconut oil. And it is 54 degrees Fahrenheit where I am now, which is pretty cold.

This cannot be explained away scientifically as "stress response".

Perhaps PUFA overload is a problem, but so is a deficiency...

I understand this is not going to sit well with any of you, but it's the truth...

jaakkima

Also you can overdo thyroid, caffeine etc... I did a number of times and it can worsen everything without giving you high temps or good pulse

dbh25

Following on from this, I drank the oil as well. Then I ate fast food that was fried in oil, and indulged in several PUFA snacks I used to binge on...
I feel good eating raw almonds a few times a week, I'm not drinking oil or eating fast food.
YMMV

OP
Benjamin Button
I eat a lot of calories, I ate an average amount today, that's not it (calorie increase).

98 is not low for me, I'm usually colder. And it is cold where I am now making it more unusual.

The burr experiments say that pufa is essential, so contradict peat... That's why I'm raising the point, I was deliberately aim to eliminate all pufa I the body as per peats work.
If my pulse is low and I'm cold I thought thyroid would bring them up and pufa would bring it down. But basing my opinion on anecdotal reports, thyroid seems to make a lot of people tired, and after this pufa experiment of mine I'm really starting to think maybe something is wrong in the theory...

Think, perceive, act......

jaakkima

Have you read Ray on the Burr experiment or seen the subsequent 1930s studies he refers to?

Perceive think act. And I and many here have the opposite experience from yours (and much better temps and pulse). Trying to help.

OP
Benjamin Button
No I just googled the burr experiment and had a quick scan.
I have listened to many of rays interviews, and heard him say that PUFA is the major reason behind degeneration a lot. I thought he meant all pufa. Also Danny roddy mentions pufa from fish oil as the "arbitrator of doom".

Yeah I got a 3 word slogan wrong... You got me there lol

I think ray is a genius. I think he is on the money with the vast majority of his writing.
But this pufa thing, the essential fatty acids, I thought that the whole point was to avoid them and displace them from the body with coconut oil and aspirin?

What am I missing?

There are not many members on this forum. And many have trouble getting temps up despite rigorous effort and supplementation, even after years.

I been doing it near a year, and due to my situation I drank pufa oil and my metabolism is jacked now. I thought I'd share that with the forum as it's not the response I was expecting, and others would not be willing to do this experiment as they have worked hard to become fatty acid deficient.

It's just a conversation. You sound condescending and defensive when you call me on the syntax error, question my background reading, and let me know that your 'just trying to help' me. Why do I need help? I'm sharing something.
Am I gonna be banned now or blasphemy?

Edit :

schultz

It's just a conversation. You sound condescending and defensive when you call me on the syntax error, question my background reading, and let me know that your 'just trying to help' me. Why do I need help? I'm sharing something.
Am I gonna be banned now or blasphemy?

Edit :

jaakkima didn't seem like he was trying to be condescending or defensive...

Let's all just relax a bit. That PUFA you drank is making you aggressive. :lol:

Well you age backwards, that's kind of a confounding factor.

OP
Benjamin Button
Yeah I read over my responses and I do sound a bit douchey. Sorry about that.
I think I became so bought into ALL of the theory because a lot of it is clearly correct.
Diseases are indicative of systemic problems not local ones.
Diseases are not genetic for the most part.
Most people are hypothyroid, and this is because of environmental factors.
Sugar is our natural fuel source etc. Etc. Etc.

Every time peat used his great mind and courage to go against the grain to get to the truth, I bought in....

And so I swallowed the pufa theory hook line and sinker without seriously challenging that. We don't all have time to sit down to a 2 hour podcast everyday or go checking the references of his articles and then studying the counter arguments and research..

Look I'm still gonna guzzle orange juice, milk, coconut oil.
I'm still gonna get my liver, gelatin, carrot, and all that other good stuff.

...but the PUFAs are back on the table. I don't think that there are any "bad foods" any more. Just deficiencies and overloads. I think there's an irony in the resistance to other dogmatic nutrition movements, and the inadvertent dogmatism of peat followers.

superhuman

You can also jack up your metabolic rate even more if you take some ephedrine or even more and feel good you can take some meth. I dont think it will last in the long run tho, the same goes for chugging down PUFA. But like you said, percieve think and act. So as long as your happy i guess thats all that matters

Mittir

Evening primrose oil, castor oil and rosemary oil are all medicinal
plants. If lack of omega 6 is the cause then the most appropriate
experiment would be using high omega 6 oils like soy or sunflower.
You are also using hydrocortisone cream, that alone can give
dramatic improvement to skin condition. If your discovery is
repeatable you can make millions by writing a book and offering
consultancy.

Last edited:

superhuman

I eat a lot of calories, I ate an average amount today, that's not it (calorie increase).

Ehh ok, can you be more subjective to an objective question? that does not gives us anything. Anorexic people say oohh today i ate so much, i stuffed myself. And they ate 600 kcals that day. Yiu cant use subjective data when you analyse scientific stuff like that.

Most people are hypothyroid, and this is because of environmental factors.
Ehh..

Every time peat used his great mind and courage to go against the grain to get to the truth, I bought in....

And so I swallowed the pufa theory hook line and sinker without seriously challenging that. We don't all have time to sit down to a 2 hour podcast everyday or go checking the references of his articles and then studying the counter arguments and research..

Have you even read his articles on PUFA and all the TON of articles and studies he has gone through to solidify his stand on that matter? He is not alone, look at the other on the documentary that is coming out "On the back of a tiger" where they have another scientist who dedicated his LIFE to only that topic.
And you think you can just wash all that away because you guzzled down some PUFA one day... please have some respect

The burr experiments say that pufa is essential, so contradict peat... That's why I'm raising the point, I was deliberately aim to eliminate all pufa I the body as per peats work.
If my pulse is low and I'm cold I thought thyroid would bring them up and pufa would bring it down. But basing my opinion on anecdotal reports, thyroid seems to make a lot of people tired, and after this pufa experiment of mine I'm really starting to think maybe something is wrong in the theory...

You clearly have not read the Burr experiements, they did not conclude that PUFA is essential, they had to shut it down because they proved that it was not essential. That was the whole point, it did not support the scientific current standing. They proved that you got B6 defiency that that was the problem or could be.
Do you really think because your cold and pulse is low that you could just sparkle some thyroid on it and everything will be fine? T3 also needs things to work its magic. Why do you think RP has written so insane amount on this topic in regards to metabolic rate. This is a life work of studying its not something you can skim through

I think ray is a genius. I think he is on the money with the vast majority of his writing.
But this pufa thing, the essential fatty acids, I thought that the whole point was to avoid them and displace them from the body with coconut oil and aspirin?

You think Peat is a genius but the one thing he is most certain and writes the most about and are maybe the most passionate about is that PUFA is the worst of the worst of the worst. You just go ahead and, meeeh i dont agree with that because it does not suites me needs at this moment. Come on bro, ask better questions, read more and get a better understanding or just leave.

OP
Benjamin Button
Do any of you think that it is possible that a model of the solar system can be quite accurate from a certain perspective yet totally wrong from another?

Do you think that in order to make creative leaps in understanding, that one might need a daring mind capable of constructing alternate models of understanding?
Do you think the price of having such a mind, might be that one of these alternate interpretations of reality while being logically sound in theory, might be just inaccurate??

Do you think that after billions of years of evolution, that the mechanics of the cell might be so refined that the subtleties of the interaction of the molecules might be more complex than they appear?

Do you think that their might be some sophistication or elegance in the cellular dance that Ray peat just missed?

Do you think there is any possibility that he might be even a little wrong about something?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    610.8 KB · Views: 35

Jayfish

Dude, you arnt going to convince anyone that industrial oils are good for anything besides paint thinner. Now if you do believe that omega 6 is key to your hair growth and metabolism rise then why not get it from quality sources like pork and eggs?

Btw i eat a lot of meat, eggs and dairy and my pufa is probably pretty high compared to most. I feel great eating this way and dont feel like animal pufa is detrimental as long as its from quality sources.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals