Pufa Deplition Is Amazing

I'm under the impression fructose is the dietary factor that increases cholesterol the most.

Ray has mentioned this several times and I've seen studies on it as well. Ray recommends sugar for raising cholesterol.

I don't think he said that. I think I remember that interview and it was the interviewer who said it and Ray just didn't correct her.

Anyway, it's the galactose that increases calcium absorption and lactose free milk merely has the two monosaccharides from the lactose, glucose and galactose.
Sarah asked if lactose free milk still has the calcium absorption enhancing properties of regular lactose milk, but Andrew just went ahead and asked a different question without waiting for Peat to answer.

I agree on the lactose issue. Lactose free milk simply has pre digested lactose( glucose+ galactose, just like you said), it's not that they remove the lactose from it.

Andman

Sure thing, the main benefits I’ve experience are the clear skin - I used to get spots on my head if I ate too much fat (especially with carbs). With cistanche, it has totally cleared up, to the point where I purposefully ate some “naughty” things just to see what would happen, and thankfully I didn’t have any breakouts!

I did feel quite motivated to get things done when I started off with cistanche - I think I read somewhere that it has dopamine benefits, and tbh, I am a big procrastinator unfortunately, however since taking the cistanche I’ve found myself to be more proactive in getting small tasks done. I’m thinking of trying bromantane to help with this too as I’ve heard only positive things about it.

I started off with 1g every other day, but then read studies (in this forum) that the real benefits are with 2.5-5g dosage. So I increased to 3g every other day. I even tried 5g one day and my libido was through the flipping roof ??

I now take 3g every other day - but the major benefits for me are the skin associated benefits and as a close second the slight increase in motivation.

There’s a study on this forum which shows that cistanche is better than caffeine and vitamin E at protecting against FFA oxidation (or something similar to that).

I’m taking the Jing herbs brand (which is not the cistanche tubulosa - the one used in the studies), nevertheless I’m having really good results with it.

Today’s my first day doing the high carb low fat protocol, feeling good so far ?

I’ve ordered the cistanche tubulosa version of the herb and I’m hoping to get it next week sometime so I can see if there’s any difference between it and the jing herbs version.
well seems ill have to give cistanche a try :D

schultz

Oh ok, thanks for this, I didn’t know about the galactose ?

I think glucose can also increase calcium absorption. Possibly any of the 3 monosacharides as long as they are present with the calcium and possibly they need to be a certain distance into the gut before that happens.

Sure thing, the main benefits I’ve experience are the clear skin - I used to get spots on my head if I ate too much fat (especially with carbs). With cistanche, it has totally cleared up, to the point where I purposefully ate some “naughty” things just to see what would happen, and thankfully I didn’t have any breakouts!

I did feel quite motivated to get things done when I started off with cistanche - I think I read somewhere that it has dopamine benefits, and tbh, I am a big procrastinator unfortunately, however since taking the cistanche I’ve found myself to be more proactive in getting small tasks done. I’m thinking of trying bromantane to help with this too as I’ve heard only positive things about it.

I started off with 1g every other day, but then read studies (in this forum) that the real benefits are with 2.5-5g dosage. So I increased to 3g every other day. I even tried 5g one day and my libido was through the flipping roof ??

I now take 3g every other day - but the major benefits for me are the skin associated benefits and as a close second the slight increase in motivation.

There’s a study on this forum which shows that cistanche is better than caffeine and vitamin E at protecting against FFA oxidation (or something similar to that).

I’m taking the Jing herbs brand (which is not the cistanche tubulosa - the one used in the studies), nevertheless I’m having really good results with it.

Today’s my first day doing the high carb low fat protocol, feeling good so far ?

I’ve ordered the cistanche tubulosa version of the herb and I’m hoping to get it next week sometime so I can see if there’s any difference between it and the jing herbs version.
I'm curious how did this experiment go Ismail? How long were you able to continue on the low fat high carb protocol or are you still continuing on?

Ismail

I'm curious how did this experiment go Ismail? How long were you able to continue on the low fat high carb protocol or are you still continuing on?
Sorry for the delayed response, I did it for like a day or two at most, it was really difficult to keep the fat low. I just couldn’t keep with it and gave up ☹️

Sorry for the delayed response, I did it for like a day or two at most, it was really difficult to keep the fat low. I just couldn’t keep with it and gave up ☹️
No worries, I've since done the exact same. Hard to keep fat that low if I'm honest, leaves me feeling empty and end up eating way too much to compensate.

Ismail

No worries, I've since done the exact same. Hard to keep fat that low if I'm honest, leaves me feeling empty and end up eating way too much to compensate.
The same exact thing happened to me, it's def not easy ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals