PUFA Depletion Experiment

OP
vulture

vulture

Ok guys I’m gonna increase calories, I’m feeling extremely hungry, im gonna add some potatoes and maybe honey, I’m really getting hungry and angry, it’s not regular hunger, and it’s too frequent, tomorrow I have to work and not I don’t like the idea of working while being pissed off. I think it’s a signal of lack of calories and we will see how weight fluctuates, if it doesn’t go up, then I’m not going overboard with just eating mashed potatoes.

milkboi

My diet right now is 2-3l milk, 2l OJ, 150 ml date syrup and some candy, which puts me at 0,4g PUFA per day. I feel good too, I hope it stays that way.

OP
vulture

vulture

I have being feeling mostly good, but with intense red meat cravings, hunger is more frequent and also sometimes intense. Sometimes I crave eggs, specially yolk

I’ll wait until the weekend to asses results, but so far weight seems stable and loosing fat.

Sometimes I crave eggs, specially yolk
According to cronometer skim milk supplies decent amount of choline. If craving persists consider choline supplements.

@vulture what about just eating less your muscle would be the last thing to go as long as you get enough protein and keep lifting. For what it’s worth I went from 140 to 155 and gained a lot of fat and felt much better at 140 in every aspect. In my opinion lose the weight bro.

baccheion

My diet right now is 2-3l milk, 2l OJ, 150 ml date syrup and some candy, which puts me at 0,4g PUFA per day. I feel good too, I hope it stays that way.
Skim milk? How long have you been doing that? Aren't nutrients missing (B3, E, K2, manganese, etc)?

I was considering cranberry juice, due to the presence of E, K, and manganese. Any reason it's not commonly mentioned or why pineapple juice is preferred for manganese?

milkboi

Skim milk? How long have you been doing that? Aren't nutrients missing (B3, E, K2, manganese, etc)?

I was considering cranberry juice, due to the presence of E, K, and manganese. Any reason it's not commonly mentioned or why pineapple juice is preferred for manganese?

Just started. I supplement all these nutrients. Also, I'm probably not gonna do this diet forever.

Cranberry juice looks good. It's a staple in @olive's diet I think. Pretty expensive tho.

baccheion

Just started. I supplement all these nutrients. Also, I'm probably not gonna do this diet forever.

Cranberry juice looks good. It's a staple in @olive's diet I think. Pretty expensive tho.
I'm now guessing it's due to higher PUFA when trying to deplete. Nutrient requirements all filled in when I added other juices and oysters. On the other hand, such a stack is more applicable to maintenance.

- 1% milk (64 ounces)

- Orange (24 oz)
- Kiwi (24 oz)
- Passion fruit - yellow (16 oz)
- Pineapple (8 oz)

- Coconut oil (2 tbsp)
- Redmond salt (1 tsp)
- Gelatin (40 grams)

OP
vulture

vulture

@vulture what about just eating less your muscle would be the last thing to go as long as you get enough protein and keep lifting. For what it’s worth I went from 140 to 155 and gained a lot of fat and felt much better at 140 in every aspect. In my opinion lose the weight bro.
I want to be bigger and stronger. To avoid losing muscle you have to go down slowly, and it means months without getting bigger and stronger. So, I rather trying this diet to see ignore I can drop fat faster and without losing muscle. I’m scheptical, but let’s see results

milkboi

I really expected insatiable hunger when I went into this low fat diet again, like I experienced last time, but it's actually the opposite way. Less hunger, and I am eating way less calories (I think even less carbs) than I did before, when I was eating some cheese and chocolate, and starch.

OP
vulture

vulture

Ok, it’s being about week, impressions and results:
- diet wasn’t followed by the letter the last two days, but calories and PUFA content was almost the same
- trend is to lose fat, from 85.30 Kg and 25.5% I ended up on 83.75 kg and 24.9 %
21.40 Kg of fat to 20.85 kg of fat. Which is about 550 g of fat lost in one week, which in a month represents about 2 kg. Not that impressive, but it’s good if you consider that...
- I didn’t lose strength, I gained a little bit in some movements, so, it’s not that hard on that aspect, but I also didn’t gain strength in important ones like squat or deadlift, I would say I was on the line of not gaining to gaining just a little bit.
- I intensely craved red meat and sometimes eggs, which I will add on the night. I’ll basically modify my diet, I will keep most of it but replace some milk with a huge steak or clean chuck (3% fat) at night, and a mashed big potato. This way most of the fat and the cooking is going to be done at night time.
- I felt a hunger that I usually didn’t in my diets before, intense, frequent.
- time isn’t hugely available, just opening a bottle and drinking 1 L or milking instead to cook a meal, or only making a salad or a juice or cooking a cup of rice for the whole day saves a lot of time
- it’s easy to track calories, macros and micros because of the simplicity and routine of this diet
- is socially boring and hard to keep only drinking milk and eating liver, cravings are serious

So, I think this diet with the addition of some extra stuff at night might be a great alternative for people that wants to slowly but safely reduce fat, and keep their muscle and strength, sometimes I even woke up with the same weight and 300 g less of fat.

I will add red meat and more calories to see if I can keep dropping some fat or stabilize it while gaining muscle and also to slowly deplete PUFA, sadly, more red meat means more PUFA.

BTW, orange juice alone still gives me gas and gut issues, and most of the milk was lactose free, sometimes it gave me some gas. My gut aside from that, behaved perfectly.

Attachments

• 1CEE6D49-DD3B-42E0-A8E5-A1DC6571A7A6.jpeg
    1CEE6D49-DD3B-42E0-A8E5-A1DC6571A7A6.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 54

Scott Andrew

Ok, it’s being about week, impressions and results:
- diet wasn’t followed by the letter the last two days, but calories and PUFA content was almost the same
- trend is to lose fat, from 85.30 Kg and 25.5% I ended up on 83.75 kg and 24.9 %
21.40 Kg of fat to 20.85 kg of fat. Which is about 550 g of fat lost in one week, which in a month represents about 2 kg. Not that impressive, but it’s good if you consider that...
- I didn’t lose strength, I gained a little bit in some movements, so, it’s not that hard on that aspect, but I also didn’t gain strength in important ones like squat or deadlift, I would say I was on the line of not gaining to gaining just a little bit.
- I intensely craved red meat and sometimes eggs, which I will add on the night. I’ll basically modify my diet, I will keep most of it but replace some milk with a huge steak or clean chuck (3% fat) at night, and a mashed big potato. This way most of the fat and the cooking is going to be done at night time.
- I felt a hunger that I usually didn’t in my diets before, intense, frequent.
- time isn’t hugely available, just opening a bottle and drinking 1 L or milking instead to cook a meal, or only making a salad or a juice or cooking a cup of rice for the whole day saves a lot of time
- it’s easy to track calories, macros and micros because of the simplicity and routine of this diet
- is socially boring and hard to keep only drinking milk and eating liver, cravings are serious

So, I think this diet with the addition of some extra stuff at night might be a great alternative for people that wants to slowly but safely reduce fat, and keep their muscle and strength, sometimes I even woke up with the same weight and 300 g less of fat.

I will add red meat and more calories to see if I can keep dropping some fat or stabilize it while gaining muscle and also to slowly deplete PUFA, sadly, more red meat means more PUFA.

BTW, orange juice alone still gives me gas and gut issues, and most of the milk was lactose free, sometimes it gave me some gas. My gut aside from that, behaved perfectly.

I'm actually trying a pretty similar very low fat diet. I find boiled potatoes, mushrooms with pineapple juice to be a great staple. Coffee with skim milk, collagen, sugar, taurine, and salt as well. Normally have about 60g collagen peptides a day at this point. It might help you get rid of the meat + egg cravings

OP
vulture

vulture

How's it going @vulture?
I stopped it, I still drink lot of milk but I get eggs and steak at night. For me it’s going to be a diet for slow fat loss avoiding muscle loss. But it’s not sustainable, no palatability, cravings, etc

Updates?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals