PUFA Depletion Experiment

vulture

As simple as the title: I’m doing this diet since today.

- if I start loosing strength I’ll increase the carbs
- if I still start loosing strength, I’ll drop the experiment
- if I don’t lose fat neither increase strength and feel better (get stuck), I’ll drop the experiment
- if I lose fat and gain strength, I’ll keep it

Starting on 85 kg and about 25% bodyfat.
Squat 205 - around 5 reps
Waking temp is usually around 36.2 to 36.3 and in summer they rise after breakfast to 36.7 to 37
Suggestions welcomed.

Attachments

• B04E857E-1A6F-4EBC-9498-B0525483EA75.png
    B04E857E-1A6F-4EBC-9498-B0525483EA75.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 194
  • F55E9389-1B22-4766-95DF-EA2565347295.jpeg
    F55E9389-1B22-4766-95DF-EA2565347295.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 201
  • F08621C2-B8A8-494F-8480-36864F187B34.png
    F08621C2-B8A8-494F-8480-36864F187B34.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

milkboi

@schultz has mentioned several times that arachidonic acid is much more effective in keeping you from being PUFA depleted (aka producing mead acid) than the other PUFAs. So maybe reconsider the liver?

milkboi

I'll restart my PUFA depletion too. Basis will be 5l skim milk with
250 ml date syrup (2500 kcal, most nutrients covered, only 0,2g PUFA).

Soren

Forum Supporter
Try eating zero fat for the first 6-8 hours of the day. Fruit only, bone broth ok too no protein.

Worked for me for weight loss. Check our amplified vitality on YouTube. Very peaty way of losing weight without crashing your metabolism.

milkboi

Try eating zero fat for the first 6-8 hours of the day. Fruit only, bone broth ok too no protein.

Worked for me for weight loss. Check our amplified vitality on YouTube. Very peaty way of losing weight without crashing your metabolism.

How much fat do you eat after the „fast“?

OP
vulture

vulture

@schultz has mentioned several times that arachidonic acid is much more effective in keeping you from being PUFA depleted (aka producing mead acid) than the other PUFAs. So maybe reconsider the liver?
Problem is the liver is helping with iron and copper, specially, as well as B vitamins. Another option would be to eat liver a sugar a big steak only on weekend, so, Monday to Friday would be way less PUFAs

OP
vulture

vulture

Why are you still 25% BF?
Might as well do IF to lean down to 15% BF
Im not going to sacrifices muscle to lose fat right now. I have months focused on increasing strength, so, I reached 25 % BF in order to keep calories up and allowing strength gains

EIRE24

no protein? You mad?

Dr. Peat has said that if you fast and replace lost minerals you won’t lose much lean mass.

I think fruit and maybe a little salt can be a decent way to fast without losing much lean mass. I might try this myself at some point. Thank you.

Caffeine, are you going to use it? Do you drink coffee?

Last edited:
OP
vulture

vulture

Caffeine, are you going to use it? Do you drink coffee?
Not using it currently.
I used to. Some weeks ago I left it to see if it improves digestion.
Dr. Peat has said that if you fast and replace lost minerals you won’t lose much lean mass.

I think fruit and maybe a little salt can be a decent way to fast without losing much lean mass. I might try this myself at some point. Thank you.
That’s another alternative, fruit fast then milk and rice, but I find it a pain in the &ss to waste the whole morning time and ending up the day in a hurry to meet caloric requirements

baccheion

What sort of fast? How long?

schultz

That's true, but I don't think the amount of AA in that quantity of liver would prevent the formation of mead acid by very much. Researchers consider it 3 times as effective as LA at suppressing mead acid production. According to nutritiondata there is only 40mg of AA in 28.4g of beef liver (1oz).

1g PUFA is pretty low, especially for nearly 3,000 calories.

@milkboi how long did you end up doing your diet for? You were going pretty strong a while back if I remember correctly.

OP
vulture

vulture

Well, so far, this diet sucks for me. I was "falling" into it, gradually replacing all calories with milk and rice as described since about 2 or 3 days, yesterday was my first day totally according the PUFA depletion principles and diet described, and the diet was almost exactly as atatched. According to cronometer I need around 2.500 kcal per day, I ate about 2850 kcal, in the middle of the night (around 3 AM) I was starving, didn't eat to avoid altering measurings in the morning.
I was hungry each 2 or 3 hours, sometimes what I call "hangry", which is hungry with angry, when you feel that if you don't eat quickly your are gonna kick someone. Feeling satiated with this exact diet for me is really hard/rare.

According to scale I dropped 1.25 Kg, 0.5 Kg of fat. I really don't like the idea to lose weight so fast (my body is a master in that matter, historically), beacause in my experience it means losing too much muscle, which I'm not abundant in and is not that easy for me to gain. I'm going to evaluate my strength tomorrow, if it drops, I will significantly increase calories, maybe with another cup of rice.
I consume rice extremely cooked, boiled to the point that I blend it with the milk forming a thicker liquid.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 18

Soren

Forum Supporter
How much fat do you eat after the „fast“?

Haven't been keeping track but my first meal would be 3-4 whole eggs cooked in coconut oil or butter, later on for dinner I will have a steak and some starch and some ice cream before bed as well as a casein protein shake (one with zero fillers). Don't know how much fat that is but I would imagine it is not a very large amount.

milkboi

Well, so far, this diet sucks for me. I was "falling" into it, gradually replacing all calories with milk and rice as described since about 2 or 3 days, yesterday was my first day totally according the PUFA depletion principles and diet described, and the diet was almost exactly as atatched. According to cronometer I need around 2.500 kcal per day, I ate about 2850 kcal, in the middle of the night (around 3 AM) I was starving, didn't eat to avoid altering measurings in the morning.
I was hungry each 2 or 3 hours, sometimes what I call "hangry", which is hungry with angry, when you feel that if you don't eat quickly your are gonna kick someone. Feeling satiated with this exact diet for me is really hard/rare.

According to scale I dropped 1.25 Kg, 0.5 Kg of fat. I really don't like the idea to lose weight so fast (my body is a master in that matter, historically), beacause in my experience it means losing too much muscle, which I'm not abundant in and is not that easy for me to gain. I'm going to evaluate my strength tomorrow, if it drops, I will significantly increase calories, maybe with another cup of rice.
I consume rice extremely cooked, boiled to the point that I blend it with the milk forming a thicker liquid.

Yeah, I remember tracking calories on a low fat diet similar to yours, and feeling like starving on 3000 calories. Try 3500+.

milkboi

@milkboi how long did you end up doing your diet for? You were going pretty strong a while back if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I fell back into eating a lot more fat when I spent time with my family. Also digestion and blood sugar regulation weren't so great. But I'm motivated to make this work again. I can play with variables like fat intake (through stearic acid, HCO) and fiber intake. Also I might have to destroy calories like there is no tomorrow.

One more big mistake I made were too much stimulants. Needed calorie dense food (aka food) to calm down my adrenaline driven system.
I think I need to let my sympathetic nervous system chill out more if I want to finally heal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals