Pufa Content Chicken Vs Pork

Reaper242xx

New to the site, seeking advice. I've been eating a Peat inspired nutritional plan for around 10 months now (came over from paleo) and I got to say it's made me feel quite better. The biggest problem I saw in the beginning was learning to eat more fruits and lay off the veggies. However as of recent I'm getting bored with the grassfed beef and pastured eggs, which is pretty much the only two protein sources that don't have massive amounts of pufa. I drink raw milk and eat grassfed cheeses, but I also body build and need more protein then what dairy offers. I currently take in about 250 grams of protein a day, so I definitely need meats. Between chicken and pork which one is better? As of right now I've been leaning towards chicken, considering I can get my hands on some nice boneless, skinless, pasture raised chicken breast. But if someone has info that suggests pork is better i'd love to know. Also, I've estimated my pufa content is around 8 or 9 grams a day. So i'm not sure how much it would increase adding poultry into my diet and if I would need a vitamin e supplement or not. Any input would be helpful, thanks. I should also add I take a bone broth protein powder and a collagen protein powder as well, which accounts for some of my protein.

paymanz

Ray doesnt like chicken meat ,generally.

But i personally consume chicken breast, also other parts if i boil it and skim fat layer on top of stew.

Im not sure what ray thinks about pork.

raypeatclips

Get rid of the chicken skin, cut off any fat from the pork, get them as lean as possible and eat a decent amount of saturated fat alongside it and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Also make sure you try get the best quality you can, not corn fed, caged animals etc.

Ray has mentioned in the past about eating bacon, says he fries it then fries it again in coconut oil. I am sure he would have no problems with eating a bit of pork or a bit of chicken for variation from beef and eggs, not making them a main source of daily protein.

cyclops

Get rid of the chicken skin, cut off any fat from the pork, get them as lean as possible and eat a decent amount of saturated fat alongside it and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Also make sure you try get the best quality you can, not corn fed, caged animals etc.

Ray has mentioned in the past about eating bacon, says he fries it then fries it again in coconut oil. I am sure he would have no problems with eating a bit of pork or a bit of chicken for variation from beef and eggs, not making them a main source of daily protein.

I eat very very low fat chicken meat. If there is practically no fat in it, I don't really see the difference between that and lean beef. Maybe the amino acid profile? But if there both muscle meat, I don't really think its much difference.

raypeatclips

I eat very very low fat chicken meat. If there is practically no fat in it, I don't really see the difference between that and lean beef. Maybe the amino acid profile? But if there both muscle meat, I don't really think its much difference.

I get the impression that Peat feels like cows and lambs can deal with negative diet better than poor eating effects the meat of chickens. With that being said, I don't think I've noticed anything negative from eating store bought chicken while I sourced an affordable high quality source. As long as its low fat like you said, and a good quality source, I don't worry about eating chicken.

OP
R

Reaper242xx

Thanks guys, yeah I like the idea of using skinless lean chicken breast. Maybe bacon occasionally, since it's so dam good lol.

Lurker

How about shellfish such as shrimp, scallops, clams, or oysters? Or some thicker dairy such as hard cheese, cottage cheese, farmer cheese or Greek yogurt.

Vitamin E with pufa would be a great idea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals